It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flames in the sky near Tromso

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Today some people saw a flaming orb in the skies near Tromso. And shot a quite low quality movie with a cellphone cam.

Just thought I'd post it after all the fuzz with the norway spiral in the same area.

So what do you think of it?

www.nordlys.no...

Its in norwegian, so just use google translate.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Gromle]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
link is broken.
Am eagerly awaiting the article

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sorry about the broken link, its fixed now.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hmmm.. It's strange how there seems to be a reoccurring partnership of crappy cameras and UFO sightings, how unfortunate. It's interesting to see this footage, but with the footage not being very good quality, this could easily be a fake. One thing that I'm curious about, and hopefully you know, what is that line in the middle of the footage? It resembles a smoke trail like a jet would leave behind, but since this is a supposed UFO sighting, I didn't know if that played into it at all..

The Protector

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The line in the middle seems to be a powerline or something like that. Im quite sure its unrelated to thing in the sky.

And the voice in start says "its f****** far away and hard to film"

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Gromle]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'll ask my sister, she lives there so she might have seen it too. I hope she was in the area, because most of the time she's at sea.
It could take some time because when she is at sea, she has a very poor connection or no internet at all.
She has seen UFOs in the area before. She is very serious about those subjects. She has visited various universities throughout Europe and if she wanted it at the time she could have attended Harvard. But she decided to go to Tromsö University. Tromsö lies near EISCAT, the Norwegian HAARP.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gromle

My first guess, a flare, parts of a rocket, space debris entering the earths atmosphere, a meteorite or soemthing similar. Its really hard to see and the "flame" is actually just a cubic pixel in the movie. Nice to post it anyhow.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I know, its hard to see whats going on, and the shaky hand filming doesnt exactly help.
But it seems like it wont be any more media coverage of the "flame", so I guess there aint much more to say...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The video is bad, its unfortunate. its too bad there wasn't more to judge from the scenery/background. From what can be judged from the movement of the event; it does not move in a straight line or arc, very erractic so it can't be a meteorite. The speed of the changes in direction (from what I could tell of it aside from natural handheld shake - it would be helpful to stabilize the images) seemed too fast for a helicopter or manned aircraft. Not that they could be ruled out altogether for of course they can t. The colours don t seem like running lights. aside from a genuine ufo (unidentified) the only thing would be say a model airplane sort of device.

edited to add - actually earthlights occured to me as well; though those are not really well understood.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by liquidself]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just read the newpaper, and it seem some guy in the town Narvik (not too far away) saw some light hovering over a hill near his house the same day.
He described it as two rows of light with a more powerful light in each end.
He said it was visible for about two minutes, and had strong enough lights so that he clearly could see the siluoets from the trees nearby. And it made no sound, and suddenly disappeared.

I read it in the paper edition of newspaper, and havent found any online reference for it. But there was no pictures. The witness said he didnt dare to go get a camera, cause he was afraid it would disappears while he was gone.

And its just been a major multi national military exercise in the area, Operation Cold Response, it can have been related to that.

new topics

top topics

join