It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING To the World - Future Earthquakes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
in 2009 there were 14,788 earthquakes worldwide.

so far in 2010 with two full months and 1 week gone we have had 2240.. so lets multiply the last two months of worldwide earthquakes by 6 as only 2 months has passed ..this gives us a figure of ......13440 looks like we are on course for LESS earthquakes this year than last ....

LINK TO SOURCE

EDIT to add link to source.

[edit on 8/3/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

That is a very great try, however....

Taking a figure from the first few months and multiplying it for the rest of the months of the year does not forecast increases in activity, that only shows a steady rate each month.

So I don't know what brainchild thought of that method, but it obviously doesn't work for predicting increases.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I'm sure your ten year old nephew doesn't care about increases in activity either.

I'm sure he is smart and only cares about knowing where destructive earthquakes that might kill people will take place and when.

He won't care about inceases in earthquake activity, especially if they never hurt anyone.

Increases in earthquake activity actually have the effect of reducing larger earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

With respect ALLisONE

if we took as verbatim EVERY prediction of increased activity on any given subject on ATS we would all go stark raving mad under the deluge of extraordinary claims.

you are quibbling over semantics rather than addressing your claims. of course your ten year old would be worried with increased earthquake activity .. my 7 and 6 year old would also .. but before you told him this was gonna happen did you tell him your method? or that its just a 'feeling' you have that it might happen?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

i am predicting my Frequencies of earthquakes with VERIFIABLE sources of information taken over many years from scientific FACTS gathered over a long period of time by highly recognised and qualified people who actually work in the field and there results peer reviewed . checked and double checked.

.. when working with predictions you can only work with averages i am afraid .. what are you basing yours on? you are yet to say .. did the tooth fairy come and tell you?

for example we can only see to our cosmic horizon ( the distance light has travelled after the big bang ( imagine a balloon inflating outwards from earth .. this is our cosmic horizon .. this is our field of view .. now we cannot see beyond this horizon and never will but looking around our sphere of view it is reasonable to assume that beyond the horizon it is more of the same rather than there being dancing leprechauns based on non scientific theory.

So yes i will quote Facts gathered from real evidence. if your going to make extraordinary claims its best to have some evidence to back it up circumstantial or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Hi Quantum_Squirrel,

ALLisONE has already told us his method in his round about method when he asked these questions.

"What effect does the Earth's magnetic field have on the creation of earthquakes?

Then tell me;

What effect does the Sun have on the magnetic field of Earth?"

His bases is that he uses an increase in Solar Activity from the Sun from solar flares and CMEs. He's stating that he can scientifically predict exactly when, where, magnitude and depth; and increases in Earthquakes.... from the amount of CMEs and Solar Flares and their magnitude and location on the SUN in order to make his forecasts.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

My question is: Where is your location and do you believe this location to be a part of your ability to "Feel" when the quakes are coming? I am from Vancouver Canada and now live on the other side of Canada. I do know of a friend who also gets these feelings when on Vancouver Island.

Dont fall into the traps on here just post and do what you wanted. Warn the people
Be Well

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Hi hi

oh then do tell why has there been increased activity regarding earthquakes in the past when no increased solar activity is detected?

yes that question is rhetorical...

Reply to Unruly1:

.. did you read the whole post? .. if he said its a 'feelin' or a vision he would not be getting these reply's .. he has a method that has predicted accurately before Fact ( according to him)

funny though with all our resources and technology in the world the greatest minds in this field are still Unable to predict them..

even close guesses have only shown probable location depth magnitude etc..

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Hi Quantum_Squirrel,

I show the only scientific way to forecast earthquakes 100% accurately in my 22 earthquake science videos on YouTube.

www.youtube.com...

I show why it's easy to find the epicenter, the hypocenter, the magnitude, and when it's going to occur.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is anothere one that hit this moring Istanbul, Turkey (CNN) -- A pre-dawn earthquake collapsed homes and killed more than 50 people in a mountainous region of southeastern Turkey Monday, government officials said.

About 71 others were injured when the earthquake struck at 4:32 a.m., according to officials. The U.S. Geological Survey registered the quake at magnitude 5.9, while the Turkish earthquake monitoring center listed it as a 6.0.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Some of you may have missed the other staff warning in this thread, so

From this point on, any post addressing another member, being less than courteous and civil will get you a 3 day posting ban.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I feel like we will have an increase in Earthquakes this year also, but mine is just a feeling and nothing more.....

Edit per Moderatrors warning...

[edit on 8-3-2010 by kennylee]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You are completely and utterly wrong, and you have been this entire topic.

It has NOTHING to do with CMEs or Solar flares.

So go away now.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

i'll be sure to check this thread if more quakes start happening

btw, 10 degrees above average today, huge snow storm yesterday HUGE all the snows already gone lol

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
4.4 in Southern California just now;

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I personally felt this one... the first medium sized earthquake in a long while in this area.

I think this is the beginning..

[edit on 16-3-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

How about the mini swarm off the WA/OR coast that happened over the course of the past couple of days? These kinds of quakes are really common, especially in SoCal.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I was more concerned with in-land earthquakes in the California region...

I believe a lot of activity will be happening this month in this area (hence the topic), and so far it is coming true.

Ive lived in Southern California for 26 years. It's been a while since there has been a real Earthquake, and I think the time is coming.

Today just now, the earthquake I just felt, is the beginning.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

We shall see. I do hope that, for your sake, you're incorrect. A word of caution though. Just because a moderate quake hits doesn't mean that it's a precursor to a larger one. It could just be the plate letting off some friction. I'd be on the lookout for a bunch of smaller quakes in the coming hours in the local vicinity of that quake, as that would be more conducive of a subtle shifting of the plate.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join