It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla: science discoveries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looking at the many writings at
www.tesla.hu...
I find many interesting science related discoveries that sometimes seem quite
different from what current science tells us.

Some of the notable published documents:
1891-03-18: Experiments With Alternating Currents of High Frequency
1933-09-10: Tremendous New Power Soon to be Unleashed
1935-07-11: Tesla, 79, Promises to Transmit Force
1935-08-18: Expanding Sun Will Explode Someday Tesla Predicts (Kivonatok a cikkből)
1940-07-12: Aerial Defense 'Death-Beam' Offered to U. S. By Tesla
1940-09-22: 'Death Ray' for Planes
1940-10-20: Proposing the 'Death Ray' for Defense

Take this one as a more complete statement is available than perhaps in other
documents that might only state the Sun's potential voltage or the speed of
particles that go 50x the speed of light:

1935-08-18: Expanding Sun Will Explode Someday Tesla Predicts (Kivonatok a cikkből)

Activating Rays Linked to Sun When radio-active phenomena were discovered I was prepared to view them merely as secondary effects of an external radiation, and as no trace of such a disturbance could be detected on earth I concluded that the primary activating rays were of cosmic origin and most likely to eminate from suns closely resembling our luminary. As the first step toward clearing up the mystery I undertook to ascertain whether the sun was charged to a potential sufficiently high to produce the tremendous electro-static repulsion which I had found to be the only force in nature capable of accounting for the phenomena. The subject required extended investigation, but I finally ascertained with a reasonable degree of certitude, and to my amazement, that the sun was at a constant positive potential of about 216,000,000,000 volts. Thus the secret of the cosmic rays was revealed. Owing to its immense charge, the sun imparts to minute positively electrified particles prodigious velocities which are governed only by the ratio between the quantity of free electricity carried by the particles and their mass, some attaining a speed exceeding fifty times that of light

There appears to be three astounding science related discoveries.
A mass going 50x the speed of light.
The Sun positive electrical charge of 216 Billion volts.
Radioactivity is a secondary effect of an external radiation.

Some how easily ignored or dismissed or un verified or un explained by
the official science departments of the world governments.
Or a different agenda by the science held captive as the official word on
science comes from a government office of information.

Check out a document and see if the shoe fits or it doesn't.
I'll do the same as I have only just begun to examine them myself.

In the Tesla statements, the increase in mass of the Sun is required to
keep the radiation going and where does the mass come from.

To my limited science, not taking from Tesla as he apparently has
found the fusion process, the Sun fusion process requires an increasing
mass process.
A Sun may wind up a Red Giant or other type of heavy Sun and collapse
to White Dwarf.
Heavier and heavier metals are produced by fusion until iron and the
radioactivity stops.
The pressure preventing collapse ends and the Star explodes.

Tesla refers to the 'medium' as transmitting radio and his electrical effects
and this had been tagged the ether that does such wondrous things.
Apparently a modern day ether scientist might give the ether the property
of being the source of the fusion mass increase.

Interesting ideas and hope to check Tesla against the real world every
once in awhile with the mentioned source material.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I see you finally made THE thread.

I don't always agree with your ideas and thoughts but love your info... I'll be following this one..TY

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

For such a great man, it's strange he didn't bother to document his many discoveries. That makes him pretty much indistinguishable from the scores of self-proclaimed geniuses who never manage to create much. He had a lot of good ideas when he was young, but as time went on, he just seemed like a loony - loads of claims, no evidence.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I agree. Tesla seems to be a great self-publicist but like Malcolm X, Michael Jackson, James Dean and Jimi Hendrix or any other dead clebrity we can speculate ad infinitum upon what they would have given the world had they have lived.

T

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
1935-07-11: Tesla, 79, Promises to Transmit Force
www.tesla.hu...

At age 79 Tesla is giving up some of his secrets.
And relates to the information in

Cites Cosmic Ray Proof He described relativity as "a beggar wrapped in purple whom ignorant people take for a king." In support of his statement he cited a number of experiments he had conducted, he said, as far back as 1896 on the cosmic ray. He has measured cosmic ray velocities from Antarus, he said, which he found to be fifty times greater than the speed of light, thus demolishing, he contended, one of the basic pillars of the structure of relativity, according to which there can be no speed greater than that of light.

And moves on to:

His Greatest Achievement one of the subjects, which he hoped, he said, will come to be recognized as his "greatest achievement in the field of engineering," was, he said, the perfection by him of "an apparatus by which mechanical energy can be transmitted to any part of the terrestrial globe." This apparatus, he said, will have at least four practical possibilities. It will give the world a new means of unfailing communication; it will provide a new and by far the safest means for guiding ships at sea and into port; it will furnish a certain divining rod for locating ore deposits of any kind under the surface of the earth; and finally, it will furnish scientists with a means for laying bare the physical conditions of the earth, and will enable them to determine all of the earth's physical constants. He called this discovery "tele-geodynamics," motion of earth-forces at a distance. It is of this, he said, that it would "appear almost preposterous." The apparatus, he added, is "ideally simple," consisting of a stationary part and a cylinder of fine steel "floating" in air. He has found means, he said, of "impressing upon the floating part powerful impulses which react on the stationary part, and through the latter to transmit energy through the earth." To do this he has "found a new amplifier for a known type of energy," and the "purpose is to produce impulses through the earth and then pick them up whenever needed."

Mechanical energy or force is involved now and some parts sound
like the torn down tower might be involved again.

Here comes the big secret that is most likely the root of most of
his ideas from day one:

The second invention, which, he said, "will be considered absolutely impossible by any competent electrical engineer," was described by him as a new method and apparatus for producing direct current without a commutator, "something that has been considered impossible since the days of Faraday." "Incredible as it seems," he said, "I have found a solution for this old problem."

Then Tesla mentions the voltage on the Sun again and talks about
phony science.

Well we all heard about Tesla making millions of volts which is up
there with the Sun. Apparently one needs a very long wire.
I must find the mention of the 50 mile wire or was it 5 miles that
most likely needs no power source.

But there is the mechanical force from the 'medium' or ether which
we must ignore cause science says so.
But if science said yes would we have the force not of Star Wars
but of driving around on roadways and airways as so many Tesla
web page might suggest were possible with a little bit of science
from Tesla.

Again we have mystery in Tesla's statements and perhaps we can
find the answers to what he was doing.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

And yet he provided no actual evidence, just his ramblings on the matter. From a scientific standpoint, his words mean nothing.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

For such a great man, it's strange he didn't bother to document his many discoveries. That makes him pretty much indistinguishable from the scores of self-proclaimed geniuses who never manage to create much. He had a lot of good ideas when he was young, but as time went on, he just seemed like a loony - loads of claims, no evidence.

your not being fair to the man-

MOST of his work was destroyed in the fire

Tesla continued research in the field. He performed several experiments prior to Roentgen's discovery (including photographing the bones of his hand; later, he sent these images to Roentgen) but did not make his findings widely known; much of his research was lost in the 5th Avenue lab fire of March 1895.

Luckily for us, he almost always built the things in his mind first, then would go and construct. Its my personal belief that he liked making things so much that writing things down that he already knew would be a waste of time.

Also, it should be known that VERY shortly after his death, All his papers and most of his inventions were confiscated by the department of immigration, which was the equivalent to the department of homeland security at the time.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Tesla is well documented as we have seen his many patents.
The documents are perfectly understandable as one Tesla researcher
said we would not have the UFOs flying around.
The important documents are in the Oppenheimer Library at Los Alamos.
So far there is no known level of security that can see them.
Much has be distributed as Tesla worked in many fields from gas
separations to ozone makers and burning nitrogen for fertilizer and
the like for private industry. Perhaps deprived of voltage the rest of
the world can not make fertilizer to make food grow.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

And yet he provided no actual evidence, just his ramblings on the matter. From a scientific standpoint, his words mean nothing.

As it appears.
But if you read what he has published and with some incite with
the likes of William Lyne and others the apparatus becomes
evident.
There is an electrical to force connection or UFOs would not fly.
We just are not told.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
To me he sounds more like a mystic than a scientist. Too many flowery words, and very few facts if any. We can speculate what and how he measured (if he indeed did that), but that's just that - a speculation, whose relation to physical reality is tenuous and non-existent in most cases.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

Also, it should be known that VERY shortly after his death, All his papers and most of his inventions were confiscated by the department of immigration, which was the equivalent to the department of homeland security at the time.

It should also be noted that every scrap of paper was copied at Wright-Patterson AFB and then the originals were sent to his home country, which is now housed in a museum in Belgrade, Serbia. No word if every scrap of paper was actually sent, though. We could have kept a few things. But let's just say that it was more than just diplomacy of why Clinton sent the troops to Bosnia.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Great Thread, I have been waiting for you to post something like this. Tesla was a fascinating engineer, greatly underappreciated by the world. Good to be among fans.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
But let's just say that it was more than just diplomacy of why Clinton sent the troops to Bosnia.

No, let's don't.

Let's say instead that Bush invaded Iraq to extract an obscure mystical text from Imam Husayn mosque in Karbala. Which contains description of UFO and methods of levitation. That was the real reason for the invasion. How's that? More of that nonsense, anyone?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We like to make comments cause thats what we know but I'll
try and post source as I think Tesla made X-rays called radio
graphs from forty feet away and later made the two terminal
X-Ray bulb.
So some say Tesla was using a one terminal bulb all along
to make x-rays.
Then went to two terminal.
Some say he took out the second terminal to make higher voltage
on the single terminal.
I'd say Tesla had one terminal as his one wire system on 1892
lend itself to one terminal.

Of note the one terminal bulb is in a radiant energy patent.
The one terminal shaped like a half sphere is thought to
be a force concentrator for UFO side propulsion.
The terminal would be a beam concentrator and perhaps under
proper use is pulled along as Tesla once described his aircraft.

1896-03-18: Tesla's Latest Results - He Now Produces Radiographs at a Distance of More Than Forty Feet
www.tesla.hu...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
1900-06-__: The Problem of Increasing Human Energy

THE FIRST PROBLEM: HOW TO INCREASE THE HUMAN MASS — THE BURNING OF ATMOSPHERIC NITROGEN Viewed generally, there are obviously two ways of increasing the mass of mankind: first, by aiding and maintaining those forces and conditions which tend to increase it; and, second, by opposing and reducing those which tend to diminish it. The mass will be increased by careful attention to health, by substantial food, by moderation, by regularity of habits, by the promotion of marriage, by conscientious attention to the children, and, generally stated, by the observance of all the many precepts and laws of religion and hygiene.

. Our atmosphere contains an inexhaustible amount of nitrogen, and could we but oxidize it and produce these compounds, an incalculable benefit for mankind would follow.

The flame grew larger and larger, and its oxidizing action more and more intense. From an insignificant brush-discharge a few inches long it developed into a marvelous electrical phenomenon, a roaring blaze, devouring the nitrogen of the atmosphere and measuring sixty or seventy feet across. Thus slowly, almost imperceptibly, possibility became accomplishment

Flowery words to start as the nitrogen process is described later.
Fertilizer thus takes an large amount of voltage to work.
But is it costly power or energy that watt-hour meters says is
expensive or just voltage and an ether process and very cost effective.
Energy has been imparted into the fertilizer.

www.tesla.hu...
edit to include link

[edit on 2/25/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The

brush-discharge
is a light that appears at the
top of the coil.
The light is green formed in straight lines like the Norther Lights.
Apparently from indications of researchers the coil is not AC but
is in ever increasing DC.
Up to the limit of holding charge.
This indicates an influx of electrons to oxidize nitrogen.
So far what I tend to figure out.

ED: some coil operation images

Tesla Manifesto

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Anybody know anything about the so called other worldly signals he accidentally stumbled upon one night working on his experiments? I remember hearing about this and wanted to know more. It seemed he was using a different way of communicating or tapping into some other signal relaying capabilities. He wrote it in some papers and seemed to spook himself a little. Anybody know what I am jabbering on about?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A more technical source from Tesla are the Colorado Springs Notes:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
Some parts are undisclosed.
They always seem the most interesting.
The Tesla single terminal tube or bulb:

Colorado Springs June 6, 1899 Arrangements with single terminal tube for production of powerful rays. There being practically no limit to the power of an oscillator, it is now the problem to work out a tube so that it can stand any desired pressure. The tubes worked with in New York were made either with aluminium caps or without same, but in both cases a limit was found so that but a small fraction of the obtainable e.m.f. was available. If of glass, the bottom would break through owing to streamers, and if an aluminium cap were employed there would be sparking to the cap.

Colorado Springs
June 28, 1899

The quarter wave calculation.
Colorado Springs
June 30, 1899

Simple formulas to be used in rough estimates of the quantities frequently wanted. 2K

But when the impressed vibration is very large and the coil's own momentum small, the free vibration can not assert itself readily. It is exactly as in mechanics. A pendulum with great momentum relative to the impressed momentum swings rigorously through its own period but when impressed momentum is very large relatively it is hampered, for then the impressed dominates more or less. This I look upon as distinct from the magnifying factor which depends on pL/R.

Colorado Springs
July 9, 1899

Colorado Springs
July 11, 1899
Some considerations on the use of "extra coils".

So definitely coils are in the secrets of science knowledge discovered
by Tesla. Before 1900 and Colorado Springs Tesla worked in a
New York lab with more ordinary bulbs. It may have been here that
he saw wave patterns indicating Earth vibrations and later found
in Colorado a pattern, signal, from Mars and 50x the speed of light
particles from the star Anterus.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

I think Tesla worked with gas filled tubes or evacuated tubes and when
given the pulsed electrical signals Tesla discusses with J J Thomson
that are called electrostatic in nature a wave pattern was found.
Now rotating different signals in a vertical position a wave form was
found that indicated Earth was emitting an electrical or radio electrical
sensitive signal.
That is sort of the story I heard from a Tesla researcher but have
yet to find the source. However the 1892 published Experiments
might have the discovery. The discover might be as unnoticed as
saying I moved the bulb and another wave shaped formed. Tesla
would never say hey I found Earth gives off electrical gravity waves
and I can now apply counter electrical forces to power anything
in the world.
No he wouldn't do that.

ED: I think you are right. Since Tesla made the first radio he
heard the first spooky radio. A din of people talking.
Didn't find the source but sounds familiar.

At 1:32, 1918 was the statement.
Tesla did not think he heard voices from another planet but
did not know the answer at that time 1918 but I think its cosmic
particles.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

One of Tesla's inventions was remote controlled battleships that he twice presented to the Navy and demonstrated them on the Hudson River. They were also capable of remote aiming and firing on targets. Both times the Navy showed great interest but declined.

The UAV's in use today (both the reconnaissance and weaponized versions) are a direct descendent of those inventions.

Tesla had lots of notes and patents that both Apple and IBM had to work around when designing processors. It is hard to say what future inventions may run into Tesla's patents again. The man dabbled in so many things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join