It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Evolution...dun dun dun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I find it funny that those for god cant prove god.. those for evolution cant find that missing link to prove evolution.. IMO.. wouldnt you think that something is going on if you cant prove or disprove EITHER one!!! ... I believe in god, i dont exactly know the hows and the whats but if our planet was created by god then their has to be laws to govern everything seen and unseen.. For God to create man or any other creature there has to be a structure and a backbone for everything.. its called science...
Neither will ever be proven until the final day, its called faith... if either was proven then the faith wouldn't be needed.. god created man in his/our image and gave us the ability to choose good or evil and to deciede our own fate.
Man was also created with limitations, we are not the all knowing.. we are the curious and want to know as much as possible.. I want to understand how life was created when where and all the details.. as im sure most anybody would...
but I think somethings we wont ever answer and thats what brings forth forums like this one, we speculate over every anomoly and unanswered question.
I'm still going to read about all of the interesting stuff on here as always, but in the back of my head sometimes I think its pointless because the answers I want are hidden for a reason.. anyone else feel similar ?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Missing link from what exactly? There are tons of links, which part of the chain are you most curious to see?

The transition state from monkey to man, or from fish to frog...

Just for a laugh:

[edit on 22-2-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

anyone else feel similar ?
reply to post by Xagathorn

I have to say their seems to be a new trend coming over these boards lately and a welcome one indeed. As I stated recently on another thread this has caused me to examine my own parameters of tolerance to find them lacking. Definetly time for change.

Fx even being humorous. I don't know, I can only handle so much at once.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Although it seems logical in the way presented no evolutionist has been able to explain the evolution of the micro-biological 'machines' that exist w/in individual cells. Until an explanation for how cells evolved, which is not just a scaled down version of the accepted theory, than the whole process of evolution, as understand today is suspect. You can't assume a ft. when you haven't even proven an inch.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
They can't provide a missing link because there does not exist something like it.

Every single animal or fossil ever lived or is found on planet Earth, are all a complete and fully flawless functioning animal.

Evolution can be shown !
Take a look at a peacock. Is somebody idiot enough to say it's easier to survive with all those nice looking feathers. No. They are like that because females choose the attractive healthiest male.The more shiny colorful feathers. The more the male gets laid.and reproduce those fine quality'.

The ugly males can suck a bone if there is a good looking male around they don't get any loving there way.

[edit on 22/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
They are both Right!!! We were not created by some big God in a labrotory and put here. No. We evolved. It took a very LONG! time but just look at how old the earth is. Okay so that explains how. Now God, I am a firm believer in God. What is God? It is all of us, Everything around you, with a conscience view of the world around it. We are all connected, But we are programmed to think we are not. When we think, have thoughts, it creates energy, Than that energy is thrown out into the world, and it can manipulate it's surroundings, because it's energy. Now God, Is simply all of the collected energy, whether it be somewhere out there in the cosmos, or here on earth. I read a study somewhere that said you can extract '___' from all living organsims, but what is '___'? '___' is a chemical that in human brains is produced when it thinks it's about to die, or when you are sleeping. It's what causes dreams, It's a drug, that makes you haulucinate, but it is created naturally in the brain. In southern america, some native tribes still ingest '___' through a drink called ayahuasca. When you take '___' in a pure form, as a drug, The experiences vary, but almost everytime someone takes it they say that they come face to face with God, Or interdimension beings that are all knowing. Was what they experienced simply a haulicination, or Could they have witnessed God?
If you can extract that from all living organisms, then that explains two things. 1. That we are all connected, and that together we create something bigger than ourselves, and 2. That we must have all come from the same thing, if we all have the same characteristics. God is not a human, God is all of us, and we are all God. When you pray, you focus your energy on something, when you 100% believe in that energy, it will happen. Thy will be done. So God did make us, Because that consiousness was sitting somewhere and decided it wanted to be something more, So it started to do something and started to transform itself. Evolution and God do not cancel out eachother, Us as humans think it does, But that's because we complicate things. So God made us. We are God. We made ourselves. God = Consciousness. There is no reason to fight about this stuff it is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If your looking for answers about god checkout www.biblehistory.net...

My personal favorite is chapter 9

'Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land..... And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up his spirit..... So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that happened, they feared greatly, saying, "Truly this was the Son of God!" Matthew 27:45-54 The first reference found outside of the bible mentioning this darkness which fell over the land during the crucifixion of Christ, comes from a Samaritan historian named Thallus, who wrote around 52 A.D. His work was quoted by another early historian by the name of Julius Africanus who researched the topic of this darkness and wrote the following: "Upon the whole world there came a most fearful darkness. Many rocks were split in two by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. It seems very unreasonable to me that Thallus, in the third book of his histories, would try to explain away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun. For the Jews celebrate their Passover on the 14th day according to the moon, and the death of our Saviour falls on the day before the Passover. But an eclipse of the sun can only take place when the moon comes under the sun, how then could an eclipse have occurred when the moon is directly opposite the sun? (Scientifically it is impossible to have a full moon on the same day that there is an eclipse of the sun.) Another first century historian who also mentions this darkness was Phlegon who wrote a history entitled the "Olympiads. Julius Africanus mentioned a quote taken from the Olympiads which said: "Phlegon records that, in the time of Tiberius Caesar, at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth hour to the ninth . . . It is evident that he did not know of any such events in previous years." Phlegon is also mentioned by Origen in his work ‘Against Celsus’ Book 2: "The darkening of the sun took place at the time of Tiberius Caesar, in whose reign Jesus was crucified, and the great earthquakes which then took place, Phlegon, I believe, has written an account in the thirteenth or fourteenth book of his Chronicles." JESUS' GREATEST STATEMENTS CONCERNING DARKNESS: " I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 " When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness." John 12:44-46

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If the creature in the fossil record preserved to us is at all extant today then there is never any evolution evident,
find any real proof that "option" is valid so it may be worthy of basing life on or even considered a viable "alternative"
any more than just a man's excuse to accuse the Biblical explanation a work of men with no real GOD without even knowing the word.

The burden of disproof is likewise, you cannot within the rigor of science away with the Biblical sources for they are thereby established,
so therfor the doubt founding science found truth and the blind faith founding religions only lies~ and thus
these at first diametrically opposed have actually traded places!

[edit on 2010/2/22 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
We don't HAVE to prove it...
That's why it's called Faith.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I always notice that many religious posters tend to have trouble putting together legible sentences on their threads, and have trouble understanding the differences between science and faith.

By nature it's illogical to assume science should answer everything and anything, because we keep making new discoveries, and each answered question produces more unanswered questions. Scientists don't fill in the unknowns entirely with faith and call it science. They accept them as unknown, and possibly not solvable in our own lifetimes when it comes to more grandeur questions.

Connections can be made thru' maths and science to produce a theory, but that isn't preached it as absolute truth. Scientific evidence or proof is neither preached as absolute truth. Here's a good explanation of what a scientific fact is:

www.talkorigins.org...

"fact" doesn't mean "absolute certainty"; there ain't no such animal in an exciting and complex world. The final proofs of logic and mathematics flow deductively from stated premises and achieve certainty only because they are not about the empirical world. Evolutionists make no claim for perpetual truth, though creationists often do (and then attack us falsely for a style of argument that they themselves favor). In science "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional consent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.

There's such a thing as asking the wrong questions, or questions that are simply unanswerable at the moment, and so we are stuck with opinions for now.

In contrast, religious faithers makes a wild guess at these grandeur questions and hope for the best. Personally, I don't see the point of getting too upset if your own faith or opinion isn't shared by others. It's just a guess.... whether it be faith in a creator, faith in afterlife, or just faith that life will have meaning. Non-religious people have their opinions, which is no different to a religious person's faith, except non-religious people don't take it all too seriously.

And how on earth is there a debate that can be called god vs Evolution..... shall I start a thread called spaghetti monsters vs gravity!!!

[edit on 22-2-2010 by john124]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Faith is EMUNaH 'constance'
from EMeN 'continuance'
and EMIN (belief) is 'continuous'...
on what has been promised (a quote) EMeR 'continued'
and the end of these is EMeT (truth) 'constant'!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Picture the solar system with all of the millions of pieces of debris - rocks, metals, ice etc.. all colliding with each other as they orbit around the centre of mass in the solar system (the Sun).

And as each rock randomly collides with other rocks they break-up into smaller pieces and move in different directions depending on the different forces involved.

And some of these then collide with larger bodies, or planets, and some of them hit the Earth.

Right now there's high probability that some of these rocks will be hitting the top of Earth's atmosphere right above you and burning up.

There's a probability factor that one of these will be large enough to survive entering the atmosphere in a significant enough chunk of rock and iron, and will hit your house where you're reading this post, and then vapourise you!

Now after reading this..... consider why would your god make reality in such a fuc*ed up way, where the universe plays out like this trillions of times over, and billions times more extreme. It would take some crazy psychopath to want to design all of this.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU
Faith is EMUNaH 'constance'
from EMeN 'continuance'
and EMIN (belief) is 'continuous'...
on what has been promised (a quote) EMeR 'continued'
and the end of these is EMeT (truth) 'constant'!

Whaaaattt!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
See the line of Truth?

No-one has yet been killed by an object falling from Space (though we've put alot more 0bjects "out there") so much for "fuc*ed up"!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

No-one has yet been killed by an object falling from Space

Try telling that to the dinosaur's!

See the line of Truth?

Here's a more rational perspective - the human race isn't any more special than any other species. You're currently at the mercy of nature just like any other animal on this planet.

The comfortableness and stability we have now is an illusion based on many probability factors. That can all change in the blink of an eye. The oasis on which we live isn't as stable as you might imagine. More obvious over larger timescales than our lifetimes. The problem is humans tend to see it from their own perspective of a few decades of existence, and pretend to themselves that god made a blissful existence that will always remain blissful.

If a god created our universe, then he's responsible for all of it's destructive attributes as well. Therefore any god would probably have to be psychopathic to want to create and destroy on such a scale over and over again. What is the point of having the desire to wish or the faith that one exists?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

If they were still here you wouldn't be,
be therefor Thankful to GOD!

Genera (creator)
Opera (sustainer)
Demoli (renewer)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

If they were still here you wouldn't be,
be therefor Thankful to GOD!

Maybe humankind will end the same way as the dinosaurs, and the next species can be thankful to their god for wiping us out!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The problem with the whole "God" debate is that people are always considering earth to be some kind of special place; creationists think its the one and only planet with life, that God chose for us to live on.

Evolutionists consider us to be some freak of nature that just so happened to evolve from mud... and believe that a personal, selective God would have never made this reality with all its dangerous flaws and probable possibility for extinction.

All the irrationality comes from fear of dying.

When people get over the idea of death being so horrible and scary, they realize that death is just a part of a cycle that is repeating itself not only on this planet, but on billions of planets throughout the universe.

There is no "good" or "evil"... there is simply reality, and our perceptions of it create these made up explanations.

God is not good, or evil, for these are human conceptions.

God simply is.

I have faith in reincarnation, so I believe that when we die, we come back in a different body. There is no solid proof; only faith.

I also believe life is a cycle that has been repeating for eternity, and will continue to repeat for eternity.

Our knowledge about reality, and the way our universe works un-imaginably limited; think back 1000 years ago; we were no where near our current scientific level, yet we thought we knew everything.

Why is it different now? Whose to say the science of the year 3000 isn't going to make us look like stone-age idiots?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Googled Genera, and got this:

Plural of genus.

Genus: Interbreeding between organisms

Unless you worship the operating system Genera, and the web browser Opera you seem to be worshiping breeding with other species.

<<   2 >>

join