It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may have reached the point of no return

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think the events unfolding in Greece may be the start of a very bad turn of events for the stability of the world including America. I think it could very quickly spiral out of control and it could happen in a blink of the eye.

If you have not seen the survival forums please read them. The poster are great and the info can save you and your families lives. Even if it is a slim chance it is better to be prepared. Think of it like life or car insurance.

Last fall I believed we also dodged a bullet and then things quited down for awhile. But the events in Europe are really bad. I put it at a 10% before Greece and now I put it at a 90% after the meltdown unfolding.

I hope and pray I am wrong and I am not going to make a prediction. I do think the odds have turned against us. This is a personal opinion and I am sure people much smarter than me can add credence or opposing views to help all of reach a better overall personal truth.

Just remember they can never take away your freedom because it is inside of you. And we may not all agree on subjects but at the end of the day the pursuit of happiness and our families are bonds that tie us all.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
" I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. "
Thomas Jefferson

You were a Prophet Mr. Jefferson . God Help us all ............

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I wish he was alive today but we are left with only his writings and the best legacy of all the constitution. It will save us all in the end and God bless him for helping give it to us. They were great men.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I understand you concern and the news is not very comforting, but I am one who NEVER throws in the towel and I am not alone. Americans are very resilient and I feel we will live to see another day...many more as will the Greeks!

Best,

rgseymour

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
" I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. "
Thomas Jefferson

You were a Prophet Mr. Jefferson . God Help us all ............

A very wise man...wish we had a few today with his wisdom and leadership qualities.

Regards,

rgseymour

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

I agree I don't think this will destroy us. I think it will bring us together and liberty and freedom will be truly known across this earth.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am worried for the direction america is going in. Some major event will soon shape our entire history forever.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, it seems to me that any time anything happens someone on ATS interprets it as a sign of the coming fall of civilization. At some point we have to say that if this way of thinking hasn't been fruitful the last hundred thousand times someone said the end of society as we know it is around the corner, then maybe this time is no different. Who cares if the Greeks can't make cash transactions over 1500 euro's? Isn't it clear that the government could have an innocent motivation for discouraging cash transactions over 1500? Cash is rarely used for transactions that large, and if it is used it is often in order to avoid paying taxes. It would be extreme to consider this something that should cause us to fear for our lives as the OP suggests. But, I guess part of the reason this sort of prediction is made so often is because people want to believe the world is about to end. They always have, despite always being wrong, so what could be the reason for it? Whatever the reason, it's irresponsible to scare people over stuff like this.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

" Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances. "

Thomas Jefferson

I have always taken this one to Heart . Whatever happens , we must all be prepared ...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I wish I could give you a flag thank you for you quotes that fit perfectly into this thread. I hope men and women will rise to the need when hope is at it's lowest point. We need change but the change we need is to return to what the founders had in mind. We are a republic ruled by law not a democracy or a oligarchy.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I think the events unfolding in Greece may be the start of a very bad turn of events for the stability of the world including America.

For those (myself included) who have lived through the more-intense financial uncertainty and supply-side turmoil of the 1970's, this contemporary "crisis" is not as dire. And to be certain, the "pain" of these times is more substantially diversified.

However, there are many parallels. While we had no "Internet," there were several underground newspapers and alternative media efforts espousing opinions and recommendations not dissimilar to what we see now on the fora here. Dire predictions of utter doom, recommendations for divesting of Dollars and Sterling, details on stockpiling of goods, gold investment schemes, and much much more. A Seattle-based alternative media news paper (I want to say The Stranger, but I'm not sure that was it) was gaining popularity for its increasingly conspiracy-centric editorials that centered on the New World Order, US political inaction/partisanship, and Federal Reserve origins.

While there were moments in which we (rightfully) feared things would get really bad, as events unfolded our worst-trepidations never played out. The "power brokers" maneuvered and the system was shored up for another decade.

Such is the case now. Turmoil, fear and uncertainty combined to create a desirable foundation upon which the select-few may manipulate the system unnoticed so as to create the next faux economic bubble. It may get bad, it may even get close to really bad, but modern history has taught us that we never quite fall into the depths of chaos. At least, I think, not this time.

I believe we have at least two more artificial economic bubbles before the system truly becomes unsustainable, even by those who benefit from the boom-bust-boom-bust cycle. Eight years. That's my estimation.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

The situation in Greece is just another cog in the unending cycle of a machine that is way past the point of repair. As usual, the EU might be able to replace the cog and keep the machine going a little longer, but you will notice that the time between each potential meltdown moment is growing shorter with each new event. It won't be long until they won't be able to patch up the system any longer.

You know my stance on the future of America. Whatever happens to bring us together in pursuit of our liberty and true freedom will only be welcomed in my eyes. It is long overdue.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well you have been slaves under a ultracapitalistic dummification program the last fifty yaers or so..
Here are you today poorly educated and with generally lower iq..than the rest of the world..
you are in hurry now , start with educate the masses and organise yourself and brace, we are many around the world who help you..

[edit on 16-2-2010 by swecret]

[edit on 16-2-2010 by swecret]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I also agree with you the the timeline is shorter and shorter. This is a very bad sign and hopefully I am wrong. But I also want to be right because I think the soul of our country and the world is hurting.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by secret

I you want to make this a bash America thread please leave. We all have issues and could discuss them at length but that is not what this thread is about.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

I respect your knowledge. But I disagree I think we are seeing a much worse problem today than in the 70s. They actually let the people feel the inflation why are they not doing that now? This should be the tip off for you . They know the system is way beyond repair and it is pure adrenaline to keep it going. It can only survive so long doing that before the proverbial heart blows up.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by secret

I you want to make this a bash America thread please leave. We all have issues and could discuss them at length but that is not what this thread is about.

sorry maby i missunderstod the theme\\fel free to eduquate me

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
very paranoid thread..

truth be told, we dug ourselves into this a long time ago.

People are just not beleiving in the illusion anymore.. Ahem people are not beleiveing in the illusion anymore.

Not to mention the enabling enviorment that produces the fluids of capitalism, is changing as well.

A credit based society may come to a screaching halt. Most people's credit is almost destroyed or is in the process of getting destroyed. Allot of interest gathers,

still for for pete's sake, I will say maybe the boogie man can see us all now in the dark, since our fires are going out!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by swecret

The theme is simple we are short on time I think. Like I said I hate predictions. The comment you made about American being uneducated was a low blow and has nothing to do with this thread. Every country has smart and dumb people so it is a mute point. Unless this thread was about American education system and how it has failed. I hope I did not offend you I just wanted to be clear.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Paranoid maybe? I was very careful to say "I think" and "may happen" so I would not be pushing the whole paranoid run for the hills thing. I believe it is never to smart to totally vest yourself in anything other than family and friends.

<<   2 >>

join