It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystical dimension of gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why is gold revered in seemingly every society and all times? Why did cultures as diverse as ancinet Shang China and the Incas see it as the ultimate store of value? Why is it still lusted after?

Is gold good or evil? Does it have a spiritual or occult dimension, beyond its role as a store of financial value?

As many of you are aware, the Sumarian mythos involved many tales of gold, including the idea that the Annunnaki created and/oir enslaved man to mine for gold. The Temple of Solomon was encrusted with gold on the walls, floors, and inner sanctums.

Gold is a relatively "useless" metal. It cannot be made into weapons and has very few traditional "practical" uses. Is there a metaphysical factor at work here?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You ask good questions.

There does seem to be some speculation about gold being used to initiate a change in DNA to a triple helix strand.

Then again, it could just be a replay of the King Midas story and in the end the gold is empty and worthless. Those who have been greedy for the gold have wasted the limited natural resources of this planet in order to gain it. And in the end, they have lost what was really most valuable.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well if one were a hard core sun worshiper one would believe gold to be the tears of the sun. Plus they say gold is not native to earth? And it is very beautiful. And was always tradable and recognized the world over. And the world at one time was nothing but sun kingdoms.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yes but, why are you asking about the worth of gold when I think there are many articles online about it....and your avatar is very interesting. The rings are alluding to Saturn, sat, el, sat ur day, sat el ite, and all things babolynian and mystery school, in fact annunaki, and the eye is Isis.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In the past as well as now, refining gold into sufficient quantity is in and of itself an involved process and depending on one's "perspective", simply displaying that ability is an outward sign of acheivement and advancement, no? I mean: imagine being of a less advanced tribe and coming across a civilization which had walls adorned with gold. Would one not be in awe of such a thing and consequently offer more respect to those able to do so?

And in other news...
I offer this postulation: being resistant to most forms of corrosion and an excellent conductor of electricity... would not a room with gold plated walls, in contact with the ground, form the ultimate "Faraday Cage", shielding all occupants from the vast majority of radio waves, including those produced by advanced civilizations? Maybe Earth has a relative over-abundance of gold in comparison to other planets, and was in the past a refuge for those fleeing hostile civilizations and their ways? Maybe ?

Okay, my brain cell hurts.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Explanation: FYI Both the Ancient Asians and South Americans valued JADE [wiki] above and beyond gold! :

Personal Disclosure: Apparently Jade had healing qualities and this is what gave it its worth. Maybe Golds purity was also a factor in its own mystical worth?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ever heard of gold as a nutrient? Ingesting non-metallic mono-atomic gold supposedly does miraculous things for you. I've been tempted to try it for years.

More reading: monoatomic metals = increased abilities?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Oh yes my friend. The first tin foil hats were gold. Oh...how the mighty have fallen.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There is a beleif that gold is the true and most valuable ingredient in the "sorceror's stone" I saw this on the history channel, BTW. Anyway they say the beleif is that you can make a white dust of gold, it's very unstable like plutonium(I think), and that it will open up other dimensions, so that one would be able to see all worlds and all times. But that's an alchemical idea. I myself would love to try it out, but there's a very complicated method to turning the gold into the powder. And it requires a lot of money and gold to make a little "sorcerer's stone".

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You ask very good questions. I also wonder at times if there is greater importance of this metal that we have not discovered or come to understand yet. When i first heard the story of us being genetically engineered to mine gold for aliens i found that concept laughable.

i thought-

"What, are they really going to abduct me, just to rob me of my gold chain and then dissapear without a trace? sounds like a sad explaination of our true existance on earth to me."

But as i read more into the story that maybe gold can manipulate/change our DNA, i thought wow

hmmm... i guess a good question to ask is what made this particular metal so valuble to primitive man (ancient civilizations)? maybe they knew something that was forgotten over the generations.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Well, we don't really know, do we?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Gold useless.

It is one of the best materials for heat dissipation and electrical conduction. It is inert in the atmosphere and non-toxic in the body. I'd say that's a long way from being useless.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
When I think of gold I think of the Midas' touch story, as someone else mentioned. That would be one of my greatest fears, coming to a point you could no longer change, or worse putting someone else in such a place. Worse than evil in some cases, neutral, stagnant. Very pretty, but lifeless.

I guess it would have been just as bad had he turned them into stone. But there was no obvious reason for doing that. If he had that power, he wouldn't want it or use it. The power to turn everything into gold was a clever trick, to make everything perfect, that's the idea. To make things unchanging and pure, but as the story shows us, this is worse than evil itself in almost any case.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I have often wondered why gold was ever considered valuable, and to some degree I secretly hoped that it wasn't because its "shiny" and ancient man was easily distracted...

I've never really done any research into it, but star and flag for the thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Yes but, why are you asking about the worth of gold when I think there are many articles online about it?

Why ask about anything on this board when a google search will reveal millions of hits on any conceivable esoteric topic?

Because sometimes its nice to hear the reactions of real people and possibly interact with them, that's why.

Thanks for your input and link, and thanks to the others who have contributed so far. I welcome all ideas and speculations.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
this is weird

it seem like the ancien new about conductivity...

its not just gold cause the most valuable metal of the past are the most conductive metal of today

i think we have been rob blind for the last 10 000 years...

where are all the valuable(conductive) metal that human mine for the last 10 000 years?

why do we still have to mine it should we have anough...?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here's a "Lost Secrets of the Ark" lecture by Laurence Gardner claiming gold has been discovered to be the secret to superconductive alchemy.

Dr. Peter Kingsley notes the ancient greeks believed if you were buried with gold then your soul went to heaven and this belief came from the Egyptians.

So that's probably why there was gold lust in the West -- since this ancient secret was lost -- it has to do with "solar" energy while silver is lunar energy.

video.google.com...#

[edit on 13-2-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 13-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Gold is like lead in that it's molecular structure is very dense. You could keep a spirit trapped inside a gold box. Just like the Ark of The Covenant. You could put Satan inside that thing and his spirit would not be able to escape.

Sunday School Song:

"The Devil is a sly old fox
I like to catch him and put him in a box
Lock the box and throw away the key
For all the mean tricks he's played on me".

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well there's already an ATS thread debunking David Hudson's monoatomic gold -- it seems that no one can replicate Hudson's claims from what I've heard.

But Laurence Gardner said the secret is how gold is silica on the "gluon" level of the bonds -- and it works on the nano level.

So I searched for some real science behind this and found this:

www.springerlink.com...

By combining bioconjugated silica-based gold nanoshells, which scatter light in the near-infrared, with a portable FDA-approved reflectance confocal microscope, we first validate the use of gold nanoshells as effective reflectance-based imaging probes by evaluating the contrast enhancement of three different HER2-overexpressing cell lines. Additionally, we demonstrate the ability to detect HER2-overexpressing cells in human tissue sections within 5 min of incubation time. This work supports the use of targeted silica-based gold nanoshells as potential real-time molecular probes for HER2-overexpression in human tissue.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here's another one --

www3.interscience.wiley.com...

Gold-Silica-Gold Nanosandwiches: Tunable Bimodal Plasmonic Resonators Alexandre Dmitriev, Dr. 1 *, Tavakol Pakizeh 1, Mikael Käll, Prof. 1, Duncan S. Sutherland, Prof. 1 2 1Department of Applied Physics, Chalmers University of Technology, 41296 Göteborg, Sweden, Fax: (+46) 317-723-134 2Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (iNANO), Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark email: Alexandre Dmitriev ([email protected]) *Correspondence to Alexandre Dmitriev, 1Department of Applied Physics, Chalmers University of Technology, 41296 Göteborg, Sweden, Fax: (+46) 317-723-134 We acknowledge financial support from the European Commissions Marie Curie Fellowship program (A.D.), the Swedish Institute (T.P.), the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, and the Swedish Research Council. Keywords gold • layered materials • nanostructures • self-assembly • surface plasmon resonance Abstract A metal-dielectric sandwich nanostructure, fabricated by a self-assembly technique, has a bimodal resonant response at optical frequencies due to dipolar plasmon hybridization (see picture). The degree of electromagnetic coupling in the system can be controlled by either varying the aspect ratio of one of the disks in the layered structure, or by altering the thickness of the dielectric spacer between the plasmonic components.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join