It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want Immortality

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You are immortal, energy is neither created nor destroyed, and we are all the product of stars. When the universe started it was mostly hydrogen with some helium and after many massive short lived stars that went supernova the other elements were created in those supernovas, like the elements that made all of us, so we have always been here and will always be here…

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

What Bible you been reading, son? Adam and Eve. Cain after he slew his brother. Jacob after they had wrestled. Abraham, when got told him leave town, he'd be a daddy, kill his son, don't kill his son, etc. Noah. Joshua, Enoch, Job, others. God talked directly to lots of people.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If you are going to wish for immortality, wish for eternal youth and health also, otherwise you will keep getting older and turn into the Face of Boe, just a big head in a costco sized mayonnaise jar.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
the trick to living forever is never to die. it's that easy, no, really.
life and death are just two mirrored halves of the same face,
to have one with out the other is not possible.

but that don't mean you can't live a long time, but for eternity? #, sometimes I think that to live a thousand years, just to see what happens, would be kinda cool, but in a way I am also looking forward to death. not in some morbid fashion, and not in some bollocks afterlife kingdom of heaven nonsense either. I don't believe anything much happens when you die, my burial mound is gonna be some volcano somewhere.

I won't say some stupid # like 'living in the now is all that matters' or that living forever is impossible, cause it ain't. I'm sure that in the near future there are gonna be ways of extending our life spans by thousands of years. But it ain't the quantity of time you've got. There are some who live a thousand years in a second, and others who stay chained to the earth no matter what they do.

#, I'm rambling.

if you want something concrete on immortality, the best thing to do is come up with it yourself. dedicate your entire life to the study of life, investigate and read up on all the estoric stuff out there, all the scientific studies on nano tech and better ways of life. #, if you want it enough some day you might be the one to come up with the secret of immortality, eh? be sure to share.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

What about deliberately manipulating your DNA? It can be done with retroviruses. That is to say, it _has_ been done with retroviruses, in the lab, though with some bad results. If one could identify genes relating to aging, one could change them. Not exactly with current knowledge, but in the not infinitely distant future.

Of course, with gene changing retroviruses, one could do all kinds of terrible things to people too!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatiTheorist

They have already started researching into it.

Check this out:

The Curious Case of Brooke Greenberg

Apparently, this 16 year old girl is never aging. She has a 16 year old soul encased in a toddler body. There's this gene or whatever that mutated and is preventing her body from aging. I am not sure if her organs age, but if her organs stops aging as well, then she is truly immortal.

Scientists probably already experimenting on her, if the parents consent.

In any case, they might hit the fountain of youth just researching this little girl.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I believe you would have to time travel, or intersect another timeline to rectify some mishap in the far past, or to recieve said information concerning immortality. There are many sages in the chinas, india, ireland who spoke of time in a different way, almost like there is no time, only conscious decision, and if you could manifest a particular "train of thought" like the right string of ideas, almost like a formula of ideas, you could accomplish "worK" in somewhere other than the physical and results would manifest in the phys.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would prefer count on sciense at this matter, it is much more reliable than any natural alternatives. I would rather change all my limbs and organs to synthetic ones, prefer than relying to diet and self control.
At least on my opinion
Natural choises are consired worthvile if sciense fails or developement lasts too long, then it could lenghten my life just enough needed.
I would´t care that this being witch, would act and think just as me wasn´t me. It would still be more than being completely dead.

Gene therapy seems more reliable solution at this time

PS: Sorry for bad english and possible insults

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sorry I came to your party a little late. I wanted the same thing to and decided to seek out and find the oldest people alive to figure out what they were doing right. To my amazement I did find a lot of people living past 150 years and about 25 living well past 250 years. And a few of the older ones were, in my honest opinion, "immortal". That is death was a choice to them and not a predetermine event.

The eldest that I could find is nearly 2,800 years of age. If that is not immortal enough, than I do not know what is. And oh yeah, he definitely does not want to be found.

If you want to view a summary of my ongoing research check out my blog at BenAbba.com....

Be Well

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
First of all you can't just decide and your in, the higher lives choose you and they are looking for certain developed aspects in an initiate and then they will try you with many tests first. It is good you think beyond normal human consciousness that is a first step however there is much more to it. One aspect is the ability to have a sustained focus even after many set backs and seeming impossible tasks. Another is the desire to uplift humanity and help it move forward to the time of peace. Also one must be able to be honest with themselves as to where they are on the path. Many think they are much farther along then they actually are.

Also reincarnation is not a faith thing if your not sure of it you haven't studied it enough. Google it and the work of Dr, Ian Stevenson he has proven it and you need to know and understand it. reluctant-messenger.com...

However since you asked If your serious then go here and read this book it just so happens is called "The Immortal" it is free and the first in a series and if it does not resonate with you then you are not ready. This is not a troll I am dead serious. However you need an open mind. You said you don't care what others believe well what about what an immortal believes? You will have to put aside any preconceived notions about what it means to be immortal and how it is achieved but as I said if your serious then it should not be hard to explore all possibilities if you think an immortal is just going to show up and say OK I believe you are sincere and ready you're in and I'll show you how. Then you are wasting your time. There is a saying you may already have heard: when the student is read the teacher will appear.

The Immortal Series does tell how to become immortal in the sense you seem to think of it however there is much more to it then the standard understanding and from your OP I have my doubts you will be open to it but perhaps i am wrong. Anyway good luck and enjoy.

freeread.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
here, read about this:
en.wikipedia.org...

the man who supposively lived up to 256 years of age.

Thanks for the link.
I wonder if this can be taken as an indirect support for the theory that we are all just a simulation running on an invisible machine? Perhaps the guy's age overflowed the 1 byte memory limit for a human and that is the real reason he kicked the bucket?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by benabba

If you want to view a summary of my ongoing research check out my blog at BenAbba.com....

I've taken a look at your blog and can see that it's simply a commercial money making scheme based around the premise that "immortals" have been and are, currently co-existing with normal humanity. You offer tantalizing "tid-bits" alluding to "research" that you've done that proves the existence of a few individuals that may have lived a handful of additional years beyond whats considered an average life-span. But in no way would I consider them to be categorized as true immortals. In fact, you're only offering up a claim to have located just one person that you say has lived a couple of millennia. However, that's all you're prepared to offer up until some one becomes inquisitive enough to actually spend hard-cash and purchase your book of "proofs" and "adventures".

Against my better judgment (and because I've taken sufficient precautions against identification), I'll give you just the smallest bit of "real" info.

A total of 8 extremely long-lived individuals are still alive out of an original group of 12.
1 (male) was murdered in Barcelona, Spain in 1796
1 (female) last known whereabouts Kiev in 1893 - presumed dead
1 (male) committed suicide in Oslo in 1954
1 (female) last known whereabouts Warsaw in 1895 - presumed dead

edit on 1-11-2010 by methuselah1937 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by methuselah1937

Originally posted by benabba

I've taken a look at your blog and can see that it's simply a commercial money making scheme based around the premise that "immortals" have been and are, currently co-existing with normal humanity. You offer tantalizing "tid-bits" alluding to "research" that you've done that proves the existence of a few individuals that may have lived a handful of additional years beyond whats considered an average life-span. But in no way would I consider them to be categorized as true immortals. In fact, you're only offering up a claim to have located just one person that you say has lived a couple of millennia. However, that's all you're prepared to offer up until some one becomes inquisitive enough to actually spend hard-cash and purchase your book of "proofs" and "adventures".

Against my better judgment (and because I've taken sufficient precautions against identification), I'll give you just the smallest bit of "real" info.

A total of 8 extremely long-lived individuals are still alive out of an original group of 12.
1 (male) was murdered in Barcelona, Spain in 1796
1 (female) last known whereabouts Kiev in 1893 - presumed dead
1 (male) committed suicide in Oslo in 1954
1 (female) last known whereabouts Warsaw in 1895 - presumed dead

Whilst I'm in agreement with you that bennabba blogsite and his claim to know a 2,000+ year "immortal" is most likely just a ruse to generate book sales, I have to admit I'm somewhat baffled by your reply above.

Are you indirectly stating that there ARE in fact extremely long lived individuals currently amongst us ? The details you've supplied regarding the 4 missing/dead are quite specific regarding sex, city and date.

Can you please supply additional info ?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sorry for being late. I've read that a certain type of pine gives immortality. This has been recorded in sanskrit texts for a long time. But in itself it may not be sufficient to give you immortality. You'll need to practice Yoga to make your body do what the mind says.
Oh and The Pine is called 'The tree of life' in latin 'Arbor Vitae'. Someone here mentioned the Pine used to revese aging in China. You'll also find the healing properties of the Pine at www.ringingcedarsofrussia.org...

Have a look here from the book 'The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary: containing appendices on
Sanskrit ... By Vāman Shivarām Āpte' which says immortality is a reference for a species of pine.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have the secret.

Why should I share it with you?

That is the question.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
I have the secret.

Why should I share it with you?

That is the question.

Right. And you are an immortal who loves internet forums.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Hi

I've come to this thread rather late in the day (sorry)

I think we can all agree now that the question of immortality in this context means keeping your consciousness and current physical form. And for the questioner to wish to fulfill certain ambitions, it's probably a safe bet to say that immortality includes "not aging" - where would the fun be in being an immortal if you became increasingly frail?

A question then: even if someone achieved extended longevity (taking as a rule-of-thumb that 120 years is accepted as the upper age limit for any one human being) let's say someone lived to be 200, how would you know if they were actually immortal or simply had a very long lifespan?

So - I'll say that we're talking about EXTREMELY extended longevity rather than absolute immortality.

Does immortality (longevity) = indestructible? I don't think there's any reason to assume so. Other than watching "Highlander" (poor film, badly edited, badly thought out, in my opinion), where an immortal can be shot, stabbed, clubbed, and still come up intact, we should go with what we know - that critical damage to a living organism can be fatal.

In brief - a bullet in a vital organ would (I anticipate) spell death for an "Immortal".

My views on immortality are shaped to a degree by the e-book which Travallian circulated some years ago. (if anyone would like a copy I still have it, and am quite willing to forward a copy). I hesitate to sumarise, because parts of the book are quite in depth, but he covers pre-history, alchemy, hypnosis, subliminals, consciousness, etc., and proposes that "immortality" (meaning keeping your consciousness in your current physical form) is entirely possible.

I honestly doubt that you'll get any feedback from "real immortals" on this board - again, I refer back to Travallian, and his proposal that anyone making the declaration that they're immortal could expect to be deprived of their liberty and subjected to anything from brutal torture to even dissection in the hope of extracting their "secret". Immortals, I suspect, have (as a necessary survival technique) become adept at hiding their true nature.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I don't know if death is the problem for me. i think it's boredom and waiting. wouldn't there be more of all that in eternity? I guess that is what cable is for.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Taking your post at face value (that you know how to change a mortal human being into an immortal one), the question is why you would NOT wish to share this information. Do you feel that you are in a position to judge who should or should not receive this information? Do you feel that the acquisition of this information entitles you to (perhaps) expect payment in exchange for it? Other ... ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

At the start of this discussion (9 pages ago), the originator made it clear that there was a goal to be achieved or a task to be undertaken which would take more than one average human lifetime to accomplish.

Granted, for immortality to be bestowed upon a "couch potato" who would spend eternity drinking beer and eating pizza seems less than entirely productive

Who is to judge, however, what goal someone may set for themselves? The great artists / scientists / political thinkers / etc., of the past may have achieved more if they had simply had a longer lifespan

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join