It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

complaints?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i made a post in the war on terrorism forum today and two members posted insulting, irrelevant, and insulting comments.

this clearly goes against the policy of ATS.

forgive my ignorance, but what is the best way to complain about it?

if this behavior is tolerated, why even have a forum?

should i u2u each mod of the forum?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Use the 'Suggestions' tab just below the title pic.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah, just U2U "a" mod, not each mod, and he'll check it out and spread the word if needed.

If they were really abusive and repeated abuse in several threads, they'll propably get a warning at first and if they persist, they'll get the big boot up their hineys.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you look at the member's posts in that thread, they have small red warning icons in their profile... click on the icons and it takes you to the post that has caused their warning. In this case, it is their activity on that thread. With over 2,000 posts a day, some things do go unnoticed for a short time, but generally we catch things like this... especially if you help by giving us the link in the suggestions/complaint form. (top left link in the menu)

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
done. thank you.

i understand that it is a daunting task to moderate a forum with such high traffic.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I don't really have a complaint, I have more of a question. I have sent several u2u's to ADMIN's with a question and haven't gotten an answer yet.....I sent the first one AGAIN hoping to get an answer but still nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Cocco, Perhaps the answer you're looking for can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Zion Mainframe.....THANK YOU!!!!

...cocco

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, the answer to my question does not appear there at all. Zion mainframe.....maybe you can answer it here???

I was registered as Fin Chron Watchman and accumulated maybe over 700 points or so. Don't quite remember. I changed my name to Cocco because I used to have an online newsletter with that name and email address Fin [email protected] and was getting loads of email under that name again. So I changed it.....and kept the same avatar and posted the change when I did it so the forums I was chatting on knew that I changed.

Can I get my Fin Chron Watchman points added to Cocco?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocco
Can I get my Fin Chron Watchman points added to Cocco?

No, this is something that is not done. The reason should be obvious, if it was done for one, it would have to be done for all. Then everyone would be changing names left and right. Pandemonium.

So, I hope you understand. You should be able to make it up quickly with some well done posts.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ok....I never thought of that. No problem. It was only about 700 points anyway....I'm obviously new so thanks for bearing with me!

...cocco

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thought i would just jump in here lol

If anyone needs help feel free to u2u me, Im on quite a bit (daily)
And am happy to help out with any questions or point you in the direction
you need to go for help..

Asala

top topics

join