It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China freezes US military exchanges

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

China freezes US military exchanges

english.aljazeera.net

Beijing has suspended military exchanges with the US over Washington's plan to sell arms to Taiwan, according to the official Xinhua news agency.

The decision was announced on Saturday, just hours after the US was cautioned that its decision to sell $6.4bn worth of weapons to Taiwan would cause "serious damage" to relations and co-operation between the two nations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is funny, America needs to feed the enemies of its enemies before the winter comes and it has to stay behind close doors to heal up the same way USSR is right now.

Good luck, hopefully your enemies don't find your house ^^ that is why they say it is easy to make enemies but harder to make friends.

ooz

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
More f'ing proof that the US government is COMPLETELY out of control. Look it's bad enough that we have a insane and out of control militaristic economy. For those of you with your head buried in the sand America's prosperity for the last 50-60 years has relied on major war and defense budgets disgustingly out of proportion to the rest of government spending. I find it absolutely sickening that with the current state of the world economically and politically we are focusing on selling $6 billion dollars of weapons and armaments to Taiwan. I'd like complete and full disclosure from our government exactly who is selling what. How many American jobs are going to be created by this? What are the ramifications politically speaking? These are all questions and answers the US public has a right to know.

I'm absolutely appauled at the utter lack of accountability our lame duck President and his minions have. If the US population can't see that the only thing that matters to our out of control government is the gutting of our country they need to pull their head of out their rear end.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The Chinese are a bunch of morons. They just keep taking it and taking it. Buying our debt. I wonder who REALLY is pulling the strings behind China's government.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I wonder what it would take for China to ditch the dollar? I can imagine that they are fondling the Euro with their other hand at the moment. They'd be silly if they weren't.

IRM

[edit on 30/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You know I really don't get the Chinese. For people that are so intelligent and smart they sure do some very stupid things.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The Chinese are a bunch of morons.

Oh really? Compared to what? The American's?

If they're such *morons* as you so eloquently put it - then why do they OWN the USA?

Someday they'll demand their debt be paid - then see who the 'morons' are.

peace

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm real surprised that obama's standing by the US pledge to back Taiwan. I didn't think he had a backbone(not that I trust anything he does, I don't). With that being said, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out since china owns most if not all our debt.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I wonder what it would take for China to ditch the dollar?

Economic suicide. They are in too deep.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The CCP bought US govt bonds not out of loyalty or love. They did so in the hope to gain, and against the very tenets of Communism that they preached and controlled the masses.

Those bonds have not matured yet. They can take back the money but without interest. The assets of US is more than enough to pay off the pathetic loan, with several trillions more left over.

Never fear the CCP calling for foreclosure and because of that $1 trillion dollar, the free american masses must bow down to the bunch of bullies. Peace is one thing, but american need not be softies. Talk sofly, walk without fear, but carry a big stick. You never know when a senseless rabid dog might just rush up.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
And when they demand their debt be paid and the US says "okay big boy come and try to take it", how do you think thats gonna work out for them?

The China is growing no doubt and is powerful, but they arent TAKING anything from the US. Folks are delusional. Whatcha gonna do China, send all your troops over here in boats and invade? Send your aircraft carriers over here and place a blockkade on us? Hmmm.

I think that if China tried to take over tiny little Taiwan they would get a huge bloody lip from that little country and it would be embarassing for the big bad power.

Plus they are so deep into our debt right now, they have no choice but to ride this thing out with us. It would screw BOTH countries.

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The Chinese are a bunch of morons.

Oh really? Compared to what? The American's?

If they're such *morons* as you so eloquently put it - then why do they OWN the USA?

peace

[edit on 30-1-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You are so ignorant to China's numbers.

geography.about.com...

They have about 1.3 Billion people.

They can take a million people and send them over here and wouldn't even care if they all died.

That is a damn big army.

You need to really check who you are dealing with.

China has some of the best tech on the planet also.

It would be wise just to pay them off and have them leave us alone.

Although if controversy were to be involved.....good luck with that.....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Very true. We also have the ability to print the money and pay them. China does not want this either as it would cause the dollar to fall and then China loses their status as a low cost producer. and what goes for China goes for the rest of the world. Printing the money and paying everyone off would be thebest course for the American people as it would make us globally competitive again. Too much pain for the deep pockets though, so it likely will never happen. We will owe China money beyond when our children are in their graves. And nothing terrible is going to happen because of it. To demand payment would collapse the economic ecosysytem and then everyone loses.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Aint no way 1.3 billion people will be sent over. You mean the coast guard Navy and US customs are a bunch of inepts?

There is no need for fear mongering. Never under estimate China nor over estimate them, more so when it is only an illegal commie govt ruling the masses. The masses may be happy to see the conflict, for there lies their freedom finally to kick the despots out. The only ones supporting them are their bootlickers.

No more must americans be forced and lied to, to appease the illegal govt of China. Brave americans had stood up to England at independence, to Hitler, to the Jap Imperial army, to facists Italy, to Nam commies, to Gaddafi, and to many other tyrants before, at times only backing out due to respect of the amercian masses voice.

Americans must and will stand up to tyranny yet again. It is in the blood of each and every american, never to kneel before tyranny.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am just saying they have 1.3 Billion people. They won't send everyone over, I was giving you a number so you could get a picture of how many people that is and if 1 million of them disappear it would make no difference to China.

They have a few million man army though, which is pretty absurd IMHO.

Hitler was paid to do his war by the very people that run our government.

And pretty much every war has an excuse to why it was started.

This is of course over money, commodities, and population control.

If America would start producing again in someway, then maybe relations would change with china.

Until then be wary of who you think your enemy is, cause the enemy has been and will remain your own government.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Quickfix]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am NOT ignorant to China's numbers there ace. Im very well aware of their population. What are you drawing from that? Their sheer population translates into a big military advantage? How ignorant is that? Look at say.... Israel's population.

"They can take a million people and send them over here"

Ummm exactly how are they gonna do that slick? Do you have ANY idea what it would take to transport a million soldiers overseas? China has NO WAY to do that. Notta. They dont even have a modern aircraft carrier!!!

Please do some research before you speak-you sound ignorant and all your premises are predic ated on falsehoods.

Originally posted by Quickfix

You are so ignorant to China's numbers.

geography.about.com...

They have about 1.3 Billion people.

They can take a million people and send them over here and wouldn't even care if they all died.

That is a damn big army.

You need to really check who you are dealing with.

China has some of the best tech on the planet also.

It would be wise just to pay them off and have them leave us alone.

Although if controversy were to be involved.....good luck with that.....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
then why do they OWN the USA?

peace

Originally posted by Chance321
I'm real surprised that obama's standing by the US pledge to back Taiwan. I didn't think he had a backbone(not that I trust anything he does, I don't). With that being said, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out since china owns most if not all our debt.

They will have to get in line for their pay out.
Right behind Average American Joe Tax payer

This is about as much as many people
here at ATS know about US debt.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9aada34ec057.jpg[/atsimg]

I remember for YEARS everybody saying that Japan so owned the US
because they were at the time the largest investors.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/614bfb34f9ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Who really owns most US debt?
Foreign Investment accounts for only 29% which
includes China, Japan and the rest of the world

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8db83721788.jpg[/atsimg]
Source

China and others are buying US debt because, despite everything, the US is seen as relatively safe investment in uncertain times. (China also likes US debt because it helps keep Chinese exports cheap.) Countries that are a bit riskier will have that reflected in a sovereign debt rating and will have to offer higher yields. But they will still have buyers at those higher yields -- either private institutions or governments that are still net creditors.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

They wont send over a million people all at once. Do you know anything about Tactics?

They have a million people to dispose of though.

China's tech is just as good as U.S. tech.

New tech is developed all the time

www.smh.com.au...

and Tech is hidden from the peoples eyes, there is alot the government is hidding.

The war that may or may not ensue is beside the point.

The government kills people it is a corporation look at my signature it explains alot.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Duh thats because they CANT send them over all at once. And if they decided to do it piece-meal that would spell disaster for them. Thats an even worse tactic!

Im not saying no one will ever have the capacity to invade the US but at the present its impossible. The US enjoys its relative geographic position in the world that places great distance between it and potential adversaries. Plus, with satellites and airborne lasers the US would spot ANY large seaborn troop movements and those positions would be picked off like shooting ducks on a pond.

Originally posted by Quickfix

They wont send over a million people all at once. Do you know anything about Tactics?

They have a million people to dispose of though.

China's tech is just as good as U.S. tech.

New tech is developed all the time

www.smh.com.au...

and Tech is hidden from the peoples eyes, there is alot the government is hidding.

The war that may or may not ensue is beside the point.

The government kills people it is a corporation look at my signature it explains alot.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Source:

'Defensive weapons'

However, Laura Tischler, a US state department spokesman, said: "This is a clear demonstration of the commitment that this administration has to provide Taiwan the defensive weapons it needs and as provided for in the Taiwan Relations Act."

She said that the arms deal would contribute to "maintaining security and stability across the Taiwan Strait".

Tiawan has every right to self defense against China, the worlds 2nd largest military power just across Formosa Strait. We have an obligation from past agreements to help in Tiawan's defense. If we don't help Tiawan goes elsewhere for their helicopters, mine sweepers and missiles.

It's all a part of an ongoing cold war power balancing act, get used to it! We now have another military bully on the block flexing its muscles...China:

Why America And China Will Clash

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join