It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend JUST sent this pic. Ghost at her work (Nursing home)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My Friend JUST sent this pic. Ghost at her work (Nursing home)

So she totally believes it is real. I do not.

She is still at work as I type, she's an STNA at this Nursing Home/(Insane Asylum).

The picture was taken tonight and quickly spread between employee cell phones.

Here's what my friend says. A lady was in the kitchen area and seen the ghost in the pantry, (everyone knows of the ghost rumors there), So the lady told a fellow employee, and he took the pic with his cell phone. Then it was spread around to other employees, whom are kinda freaked out now.

So My friend just sent it to me, phone and email, then called me and told me the story, I just kinda laughed and said wow, it's definitely fake if you ask me, she
said the lady who took it is still there so she couldn't have used PS or anything because she just took it tonight. I said maybe her son did it at home with PS or something. I think she kinda got offended that I was saying it was an obvious fake.

She and others also thought the ghost lady was looking into the pantry, to me it looks like she is facing out towards the person taking the picture. I could see how they think that because they are at work and probably viewing it on there little cell phones.

My friend's not one to make stuff up, but I do believe it's more than likely fake and she and others are falling for it.

Why? It just looks to perfect. I wish I were wrong though, haha.

Anyway, just want some other opinions since I'm not experienced in analysing pictures or ghosts.

Anyway to tell if it is an obvious fake, or is it a good fake or could it be .... uhh.. REAL!??

Here is the exact pic I was sent. It's decent quality for a cell pic I think because I am able to zoom in and not loose much.

I look forward to opinions.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

Cool pic...

My first impression is the same as yours, that it's fake. I'm no photo expert but in this day and age with photo-editing being so easy. I'd need to see more photos and maybe some audio evidence to be convinced, one piece of evidence isn't enough to call it... science needs the experiment to be repeatable

One thing I do find freaky though... her hand doesn't appear to have a thumb

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
i hate to say it but that image could be easily duplicated using photoshop or even ms paint.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

Oh WOW!!

I truly believe this photo is real, based on my own past experiences from seeing shadow apparitions. One thing I have always wondered about is why they seem to always look like they are kinda "flat" you know? Like as if the ghosts are in 2-D or something. Makes me think about the whole concept of a holographic universe.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
i hate to say it but that image could be easily duplicated using photoshop or even ms paint.

I spy with my little eye something on the door to the left.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/937ab4c9c121.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I am no photo expert, but I do have PS. I did an invert for you and usually you can see any crop lines. I do not see any. No legs either??? If it's a fake it's a good one that they took a little time to cut out and layer. I do see a slight outline in both pics around the body, that makes me question if for sure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f4f0aae038c.jpg[/atsimg]

Also I think the transparency would be hard to do. Like I said I am no expert. I can barely use PS

[edit on 26-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm no image expert by any means, but I zoomed in and there is a clear line where it looks like the image of the girl was sloppily cut out.

I marked it with a red line in this image.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I just thought about this, If it was me and I seen a perfect ghost image like that, I would have taken as many pics as my phone would hold, trying different angles.

Not just one. I'll ask if there are more but seriously doubt it. I'll point that out to her.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It looks really fake to me too sorry. I'm no expert, but my first thought was a big massive FAKE!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyPete

Ahh, ok, that proves it. That's all I needed to show her it's fake and now her and everyone there will know the lady who it originated from is a fraudster.

Thanks, I guess I will know how to spot an obvious fake next time.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well, honestly, I don't think the photo is real.

However, with that being said, some of you are convinced that photos of ghosts that were taken in the late 1800s and early 1900s are "fake," so, there is nothing that would convince some of you.

I can understand being skeptical of any photograph in today's age, but to be skeptical of one that was taken well over a hundred years ago is a bit overly zealous in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I can understand being skeptical of any photograph in today's age, but to be skeptical of one that was taken well over a hundred years ago is a bit overly zealous in my opinion.

Just because they didn't have Photoshop back then doesn't mean there weren't ways to doctor photos or fake ghost photos.

One technique was to put a piece of clear glass between the camera and the subject with the lighting just right so that only the reflection of a person was visible from the glass..did that make any sense? I'm having trouble articulating it.

Using long exposure times can also produce interesting effects.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by DirtyPete]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyPete

I have a degree in Media and Information technology, so I know what you are referring to, yeah.

I still stand by my original post though.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
FAKE, ... maybe she did take pictures, ... and her son thought it would be a fun idea to throw the ghost in to scare mom.

Why would she be taking pictures in the pantry anyway ?? to capture ghost activity ?? perhaps she wasn't happy with what she found, Nothing .... so she cooked these up.

Probably a dumb, attention seeking scumbag with no life, haha.

why is the figure reflecting light off the left side ?? there is no light source there. It's so obviously fake you should print out a big copy of it, .... stack a big pile of fishing weights on it ...... wrap all of this up, and throw it at this lady's face.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
ghoulardi, love your profile pic or avatar or whatever. It is tight. I am with you, as soon as I saw the picture I knew without a doubt it was fake. Thank you for posting though. I am sure the place has it's ghost's, but this isn't one of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Fake, I am an expert- and no shadow person looks like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey that was pretty good Slayer. It took me a few minutes to see what you were talking about. It must be getting late.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The girl certainly looks a lot clearer than the rest of the image. In internet fraud often people take an old photo and add something in to it, because it seems more 'credible' because it looks older. In this case it looks like a grainy photo with a clearer image overlayed.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have never figured out why ghosts always have clothes on.

I mean really, does a ghost have baggage and a wardrobe? I think not. I have often wondered when or if the people who fake these things would figure that out.

So now we will see lots of hot looking naked female ghosts.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

It must be because i havent figured it out. WHat is it?

reply to post by Watcher777

Ok, please explain. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join