It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any D.U.M.B's (deep underground militairy base) in europe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Are there any D.U.M.B's (deep underground militairy base) in europe?

I can understand that an european nation also wants to protect itsself against an a-bomb, solar-flare or whatever that can delete everything living on the surface.

But if I should belief what in America is going on these DUMB's are wide spread over the country and is the american government digging like moles on streroids. I read little about these facilities being made in Europe or what is going on in them. Anybody?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
theres a masive one in norway and they say its for storing seeds me my self didnot think seeds would take up that much room

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Russia has what some call their equivalent to AREA 51 in the Ural mountains called the Yamantau Mountain Complex!

truthseekersmidlands.tripod.com...

More info there.

There are underground sub-bases in Norway built into the sides of mountains.

rides.webshots.com...

More info there.

I'm sure there are many deep underground command and control facilities scattered all around Europe as relics of the cold war. Europe would have went just as America and Russia would have as well, so their security was vital as well. England I venture to guess has the most out of any European country.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There are several in Norway. I know the location of some of them myself, and Project Camelot reported some on the underground bases in Norway here: projectcamelot.org...

And here: projectcamelot.org...

I am personally familiar with these bases and know they exist and I have been inside a couple of them, large underground complexes, mostly built into mountains.

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

What was the decor like?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There is one Underground Facility in Germany nicknamed "SIII". It was built by the Nazis during WWII, and rumor has it that, they were developing nuclear weapons there. It is said to have 5-6 stories, and it was blasted into the Harz-Mountains in Thuringia, germany.
After the war, the russians occupied it, and since the 60's or so on the Bundeswehr (Ger. Army) have taken the property, and closed it for the public.
You even get arrested if you get caught anywhere in a diameter of 5 kilometers around it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It is all Norway that has been building these underground facilities. It is not said they are militairy. Furthermore it is all old stuff in Germany and probably France. So nothing new and militairy? Why does the US goivernment do these things so secretly and with their tax-payers money? For these answers I must surely read this threads about US DUMB's.

Anyways the US government is spending a lot of public money on stuff that is kept secret from them, even denied. When will the people say it is enough? .......I know....off topic.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanLA123
England I venture to guess has the most out of any European country.

There is a very very large and deep military underground facility in Norfolk in England. This information comes from a military person and for obvious reasons I cannot disclose any names. But it is definitely there.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Here is a underground Swedish Naval base
english.pravda.ru...

underground Swedish air base
ac-frieden.travellerspoint.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Why does the US goivernment do these things so secretly and with their tax-payers money? For these answers I must surely read this threads about US DUMB's.

Anyways the US government is spending a lot of public money on stuff that is kept secret from them, even denied. When will the people say it is enough?

I'm with you! How can the U.S. be building so many underground bunkers and keep them secret from us, the ones that pay for them? How is keeping secrets in the publics best interest? How can they even argue for that?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I'm with you! How can the U.S. be building so many underground bunkers and keep them secret from us, the ones that pay for them? How is keeping secrets in the publics best interest? How can they even argue for that?

So, you're thinking that there should never be any classified information in the US Government or Military??

To everyone: Thanks for the links. Very interesting reading!

Oh, and everyone forgot Doctor Evil's secret volcano lair!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So, you're thinking that there should never be any classified information in the US Government or Military??

Absolutely! What is the point of keeping secrets from the people you are suppose to serve?

It is only hindering our development and keeping the know-it-all government above us.

Obviously, it would be bad if everyone knew how to make nukes. But would we need nukes if we found out all of our governments secrets and false wars?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Absolutely! What is the point of keeping secrets from the people you are suppose to serve?

And you think that this info wouldn't reach the ears of the enemy, or just other countries you want to keep secrets from?

It is only hindering our development and keeping the know-it-all government above us.

And keeping safe the people that have to work on a secret project.

Obviously, it would be bad if everyone knew how to make nukes. But would we need nukes if we found out all of our governments secrets and false wars?

It's not the governments I worry about. It's the unknown crazed group of people that I have concerns over (AQ, IRA, or any other terrorist group out there).

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Subterranea Britannica is a fantastic resource for underground military facilities in the United Kingdom.

Here's a link for you.

www.subbrit.org.uk...

My favourite British bunkers are the 600+ Royal Observer Corps underground monitoring posts that were built to detect nuclear explosions & estimate the weapon yield. They're dotted all over the countryside and in major cities (targets ?) too. The ROTOR nuclear bunkers are awesome too, I've been lucky enough to visit a decommissioned one in Scotland.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
First of all, The continuety of any government is essential if a coventional or heaven forbid a nuclear war were to erupt.

The Greenbriar bunker was a perfect example of one such bunker here in the U.S. . Some dickhe@d journalist exposed the whole complex requiring the government to close it down and turn it into a tourist attraction.

The word SECRET means what it say's. Secrecy is necessary inorder to hide things from your enemies or potential enemies, there by giving you the upper hand in any armed conflict obviously.

After 9-11 cowboy Bush flew to Offeut Air Force base in Nebraska because of the fact it had underground capability in case something more severe were to happen on that day, but hey they caused it anyway in my opinion so no worries there.

Check out A.U.T.E.C. as well my man!
rides.webshots.com...

More info there.

It is an American run facility but it is in the Bahama's. Some say it is the Navy's AREA 51, though I tend to lean more towards China Lake Weapons facility in California.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

And you think that this info wouldn't reach the ears of the enemy, or just other countries you want to keep secrets from?

Would We the People have any enemies if we were in control of the government and we knew the truth about our enemies? We the People don't want war, the government does.

I think knowledge should be share not suppressed. We can't learn from our mistakes if we don't even know what was mistaken in the first place.

Now staying on topic, tell us where those D.U.M.B.S. are located!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the most obvious DUMB's in Europe: the Swiss military bases carved into the mountainsides of the Alps.

And they were built for very mundane reasons: as natural fortresses to repel any possible invasion by Nazi Germany. Indeed, the German High Command actually studied if it was reasonably feasible to invade Switzerland and concluded it would not work because Switzerland's extensive system of underground bases would have effectively bogged down the Wehrmacht from commanding positions high in the Alps.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanLA123
The Greenbriar bunker was a perfect example of one such bunker here in the U.S. . Some dickhe@d journalist exposed the whole complex requiring the government to close it down and turn it into a tourist attraction.

But the fact that the US government didn't take action against the Washington Post reporter who revealed the bunker underneath the Greenbrier Hotel means that the US government may have concluded by the early 1980's that Greenbrier bunker was not deep enough into the ground to protect against a nuclear attack--remember, by the early 1980's the Russian R-36M (SS-18 "Satan") missile that could lob a circa 20 MT nuclear warhead had achieved a CEP of under 1500 feet, and with that CEP even if that warhead detonated 1500 feet from the Greenbrier bunker the blast effect of a 20 MT warhead would have destroyed the bunker anyway. It's more likely that the current bunker to protect members of Congress is the Mount Weather facility in Virgina, which is probably built far deeper into the ground so even if there is a near-miss of that 20 MT warhead I mentioned the facility will most likely survive the blast effects.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And keeping safe the people that have to work on a secret project.

It's not the governments I worry about. It's the unknown crazed group of people that I have concerns over (AQ, IRA, or any other terrorist group out there).

For a country at war it is the number one objective to take out the leaders, the generals........I think that a serious oponent of the US knows where those 'secret' places are. Especially those in the US...if you only knew how much people love money. And the intelligence apparatus these days can discover a lot of hanky panky going on too.

Don't you think that it is a 24/7 job for an army intelligence to find where those 'secret' places might be......being a primairy taget that can end (read win) the war with one or two bulls eye shot?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is no use to keep DUMB's secret from an enemy country...but it can be for the population......they might come knok on the door for help....those being save and well fed in the bunker do not want to give.
================================================

There should be someone or an office appointed which investigates the spending of the tax payers money on 'secrtet' constructions like DUMB's. Is it needed and is its purpose justified.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The British main bunker is at Northwoods in far north-west London. It is the reason also why the Victoria Subway line was built. This actually runs under Buckinham Palace, Downing Street, Parliament etc hence if ever there is a nuclear strike imminent, a train kept in a siding will pick up all the Government people and whisk them up to Northwoods.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join