It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any D.U.M.B's (deep underground militairy base) in europe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
++++IMPORTANT QUESTION++++

Are the Norway bunkers north of the Arctic Circle?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

Yes, some of them are.

However, most of these bunkers are nothing more than that. Simple bunkers built to withstand conventional attacks. The pictures, that was linked to in page one, from the naval base in Bergen (Norway) is nothing more than a drydock carved into the mountain side. Basically, what you saw in that picture is all there is to it. I know, because I have been there a couple of times.

The underground bunkers/bases that I know of in Northern Norway is a lot larger and built to survive nuclear blasts. I have only been inside one of them, and they are nothing like Pine Gap or similar sites. That I am sure of. As for the seed vault in Spitzbergen, I have no idea of what it might be beside it's official story.

As for vast underground complexes i Norway, I have no knowledge of there being any. By knowledge I mean concrete (pun intended) proof.

I hear rumours, but here your guess is as good as mine.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is a D.U.B. in Switzerland. There are many of them - nobody knows where. This one is "private" for Server Data Backups.

From Outside the Mountain look then like that:

[edit on 24-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Kapustin Yar in Siberian, Russia is another great example of a D.U.M.B.

When you start getting that far east of Europe you could say it is in Asia, but it is the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
cushycrux,

Thanks for the extra confirmation about the deep underground bases in the Swiss Alps.

The Swiss started building them in the 1930's because of the fear of invasion from Nazi Germany. These bases--the number of which is a Swiss state secret--are built into many mountainsides all over Switzerland, and many of them have "commanding views" that could quickly pin down any invading force below. I believe a number of them were renovated and rebuilt even further into the mountain to provide protection in case of even a nuclear attack.

To this day, these Swiss mountain fortresses--along with the Mount Weather site outside Washington, DC and Cheyenne Mountain outside Colorado Springs, CO--are probably the only admitted "deep underground" bases in the world.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sorry guys but im new to the site love reading the many things on here. Am very interested in snooping around abandoned places. My life is boring lol but im from the UK and i was wondering does anybody know where there are any abandoned building, bunkers or anything along those lines where you can possibly get into

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

hi there ,

go to this site and you will find lots and some cool people to go with you.:

www.28dayslater.co.uk...

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
SMH @ me really thinking the ROYALS OVER THERE actually had some flying space crafts hidden so they didnt need dumbs. Guess I was wrong

thread dont stop now lol
I am Wrong??? Right?

[edit on 2/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If you are interested in Cold War era stuff, do a google for Kindsbach Cave.

This was a hardened site located near Ramstien AFB Germany. It served as the Air Defense Operations Center for Hq. USAFE, 4th Allied Tactical Air Force, and all NATO Air Operations.

During the 1973 Arab-Israeli conflict, the command post was activated when US forces went to DEFCON 3, and later to DEFCON 2. The advanced defense posture was caused by Soviet mobilization of its airborne divisions and a threat to enter the conflict on the Arab side. It was widely known that with Israel so close to being overrun by the Syrians in the North and the Egypt army crossing the Suez in force, that Israel was planning on using nuclear weapons. The US knew that if Israel used the nukes that Russia would lose advisor's who manned the SAM sites on the southern bank of the Suez and would retaliate.

I was at Ramstein AFB during the war, and I can tell you things got pretty tense for about three days.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Lots of rock with huge skylights to let in as much of the natural light as possible. Moron...this later

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Anyone able to explain what the definition of these bases are to count as B.U.M.B?

I know one that goes down 8 floors in the UK (different to the reported 5) is that deep enough? Also the location of a major cave system in the area has somehow been lost since WW2..

It was also a black ops base in WW2, dug out further and used an HQ in the cold war (before it was dug out yet further in the 80s) currently in use by the police for training purposes.. haha..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Largest secret US military base in Europe:

+35° 39' 51.02", +34° 32' 17.66"

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The Cannersberg, Limburg, The Netherlands.

It was a big underground NATO base that was used as a Joint Operations Centre for the allied forces. In case of war, all airdefence coordination for North West Europe would be done from here.

It opened in 1954 and was closed in 1992. Lots of milltairy personel complained after the discovery of asbestos in the isolation material used in the caves.

For more detailed info and pictures from inside, check the link
Pictures from inside

This guy got a tour in the base and took some pictures. Very interesting read ( Its in Dutch only, Use google translate
).

After the base closed they moved to somewhere in Germany.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join