It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP made earthquakes: Speculation or truth???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
with its sister facilities, of which one is located in Austrailia.

Wrong there, there is nothing like that in Australia

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by RussianScientists
with its sister facilities, of which one is located in Austrailia.

Wrong there, there is nothing like that in Australia

Wrong. There are!... In Australia!

Read This one... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

WRONG

Those images have nothing to to with the facility(s) you speak of.

Try these links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Imagir

WRONG

Those images have nothing to to with the facility(s) you speak of.

Try these links:

WRONG!
Those facilities are all in Australia.

The thread links are goods, and inside them there are many HAARP facilities in Australia! (ALICE SPRINGS)

However, chadwi, You are annoying like a louse whit your behavior.. really!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

There are many communication and radar facilities all over Australia, just because it has radar or a communications tower does not make it HAARP.

The two facilities that I linked to, that Zorgon posted are the only facilities capable of doing what HAARP does.

The photos you posted are parts of the Harold E. Holt communications base and an old antenna at Emu downs wind farm.

What behavior? I'm just correcting your disinformation.

Hey you want to know about another interesting place? (not HAARP related though)

The Australian Defence Satellite Communications Station (ADSCS) is located at Kojarena, inland near Geraldton. The ADSCS is part of the US signals intelligence and analysis network ECHELON. The station has four satellite tracking dishes which intercept communications from Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Pakistani regional satellites and international communications satellites (INTELSATs and COMSATs), throughout the Indian Ocean and South-East Asian regions. Staff are drawn from the U.S. National Security Agency and the Australian Defence Signals Directorate, and the site is operated under the UKUSA Agreement. On 15 February 2007, it was announced that a new US military communications base would be built in Geraldton, after three years of secret negotiations between the US and the Australian Federal Government. *

28°41'41.04"S 114°50'34.96"E

Who would have thought a louse would be so helpful?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

Ain't that the truth!

Pay no attention to this poster who spends the other half of his time trying to convince anyone who'll listen that there's no such thing as chemtrails.

Instead of annoying disinfo trolls, I recommend a book like Angels Don't Play This HAARP -- Advances in Tesla Technology or HAARP: The Ultimate Weapon of the Conspiracy if you want to understand the startling capabilities of this technology.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Your bias and stupidity is astounding!

I was correcting a mistake Imagir made and provided links to the actual facility he was trying to talk about.

So go ahead, ignore actual facts and continue to live in your ignorance filled world.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

HAARP is an Ionosphere research site.

HAARP bounces HF radio off the ionosphere. Basically the same thing that ham radio operators do.

HAARP is located in Alaska, so it is difficult to believe (to anyone that understands RADIO and has more than 2 brain cells) that an experiment in Alaska can cause an earthquake in Haiti or rain in San Diego.

Perhaps someone might point to Chavez as being technologically impaired.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here is a good video I just came across

[edit on 28-2-2010 by (C2C)]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by (C2C)

"Brooks Agnew (Earth Tomographer)" is full of crap.

He is either a fool or a liar. Radio waves do not cause the ground to vibrate. Earth tomography works the same way all radar works, a signal is transmitted and its echo is received.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't know alot about it, but what seems plausable to me is that if they were to get the harmonics just right, they can make a quake happen.
More is said about this in this in this video

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Some scientists have become aware of a correlation between sunspots and Earthquakes and want to use the sunspot data to help predict earthquakes. The theory is that an intensification of the magnetic field can cause changes in the geo-sphere. The NASA and the European Geosciences Union have already put their stamp of approval on the sunspot hypothesis, which suggests that changes in the sun-earth environment affects the magnetic field of the earth that can trigger earthquakes in areas prone to it. It is not clear how such a trigger might work.

In the Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 37–71, 2003, there is an excellent report that addresses the more down-to-earth problems facing geophysicists trying to understand earthquakes. The paper is titled, Rocks That Crackle and Sparkle and Glow: Strange Pre-Earthquake Phenomena, by Dr. Friedemann T. Freund, a professor in the Department of Physics, San Jose State University, and a senior researcher at NASA Ames Research Center. Dr. Freund writes, "Many strange phenomena precede large earthquakes. Some of them have been reported for centuries, even millennia. The list is long and diverse: bulging of the Earth’s surface, changing well water levels, ground-hugging fog, low frequency electromagnetic emission, earthquake lights from ridges and mountain tops, magnetic field anomalies up to 0.5% of the Earth’s dipole field, temperature anomalies by several degrees over wide areas as seen in satellite images, changes in the plasma density of the ionosphere, and strange animal behavior. Because it seems nearly impossible to imagine that such diverse phenomena could have a common physical cause, there is great confusion and even greater controversy."

Freund outlines the basic problem, "Based on the reported laboratory results of electrical measurements, no mechanism seemed to exist that could account for the generation of those large currents in the Earth’s crust, which are needed to explain the strong EM signals and magnetic anomalies that have been documented before some earthquakes. Unfortunately, when a set of observations cannot be explained within the framework of existing knowledge, the tendency is not to believe the observation. Therefore, a general malaise has taken root in the geophysical community when it comes to the many reported non-seismic and non-geodesic pre-earthquake phenomena… There seems to be no bona fide physical process by which electric currents of sufficient magnitude could be generated in crustal rocks."

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting how all the professional debunkers have gravitated towards one thread in a desperate attempt to convince anyone who'll listen that HAARP is incapable of causing earthquakes, even though it's based on 100 year-old Tesla "earthquake machine" technology which most certainly could (and did!) create earthquakes -- one of which shook Tesla's lab to pieces and shattered windows for blocks in every direction?

I have a question for my fellow ATSers. If you didn't believe in something, would you spend all your free time trying to convince others that it wasn't true? Of course not. Take a note of the professional debunkers on this thread and remember them the next time you're seeking the truth about any given subject.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Really? HAARP uses steam power? From your source:

Tesla's oscillator is purely mechanical. Steam would be forced into the oscillator, and exit through a series of ports, the net effect of which was to cause the armature to vibrate at high speed, within its casing. The casing was by necessity very strong, as temperatures due to pressure heating in the upper chamber exceeded 200 degrees, and the pressure reached 400psi. Other versions of the machine were created, designed to produce electrical power, both alternating and direct, (without the need for rectifiers). Another variation used electromagnets to control the frequency of the piston's oscillation.

Here's his patent:
helpinghandconsulting.com...

Telsa's "earthquake machine" was a mechanical device. It did not produce earthquakes for him and it did not work for the mythbusters.
mythbustersresults.com...

I can't speak for others but I have an interest in "denying ignorance". The idea that HAARP can produce earthquakes is based on ignorance, fear, and speculation. Not science.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you're going to quote my source, at least be honest enough to quote the first and most significant portion of it:

The machine which Tesla tested was small, around seven inches (178 mm) long, and weighing only one or two pounds; something "you could put in your overcoat pocket". In 1898, Tesla's New York lab was nearly shaken to pieces with this little device, operated by only five pounds of air pressure acting against a special pneumatic piston device. The whole assembly was designed to be powered by steam pressure.

I never said HAARP was steam operated. I said it was based on Tesla technology, which is indisputable, based on HAARP's patents:

Angels Don't Play This HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology

Holes In Heaven: HAARP and Advances in Tesla Technology

Is selectively quoting links and using TV shows as sources of information what you consider "denying ignorance?"

[edit on 3/1/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

From your first link (which you conveniently removed, apparently after you actually read it):

Enter HAARP. The assumed notion that the project known as HAARP (High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Project) is descended from Tesla's work, is something of an absurdity with reference to Tesla's previous affirmation. Since the HAARP Project's exclusive purpose relies on the existence and function of the ionosphere, and has nothing to do with the grounded circuits of Tesla — it is clearly NOT Tesla technology.

www.borderlands.com...

HAARP has nothing to do with Tesla.

So how does his "earthquake machine", the mechanical oscillator, have anything to do with HAARP?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Oh, you added another one. But don't you understand that the first one you posted explains exactly why HAARP is not Tesla's? Tesla did not believe the ionosphere exists. He didn't think radio (Hertzian waves) would work.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What does HAARP have to do with Tesla technology? You're kidding, right? Ever hear of Tesla's wireless Wardenclyffe Tower? Ever read the references to Tesla in Eastland's patents, which HAARP is based on? Ever read a book like Angels Don't Play This HAARP -- Advances in Tesla Technology by Dr. Nick Begich or HAARP: The Ultimate Weapon of the Conspiracy?

I've done all of the above. Instead of quoting TV shows, get back to me when you've done some real research.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Research. Ok.
"Dr." Nick Begich. Let's see. Where did he get his degree?
From his own website:

Begich received his doctorate in traditional medicine from The Open International University for Complementary Medicines in November 1994.

Sounds good. Lets find out something about the institution.
From 1998.

The University readily agreed to award a doctorate on Falguni Mehta soon after receiving her application and subsequently conferred it when she paid $195 as legal notarisation fee.
www.expressindia.com...

"A colleague determined that there was an 'OUI' in Sri Lanka, but it is called Open International University for complementary medicine, and it is not an accredited medical school.' For an additional fee of $400-US, outstanding students are awarded an M.D. (which is their abbreviation for Masters Degree) or other degrees such as B.Science, or extra credentials. (Parenthetical comment his.)

"We were told that 'OIU' has additional prizes such as 'the Albert Schweitzer Award and Knighthood' (for an additional fee of $400-US)." (Parenthetical comment his.)

www.chiroweb.com...

Oh my. It seems the good "doctor" may have gotten his doctorate by mail order. He's a snake oil salesman. I'm glad I did my research.

[edit on 3/2/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
yea HAARP has the power to shift the earth 3 inches off of its axis.

geez Im starting to think you guys just make this stuff up as you go along.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join