It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP made earthquakes: Speculation or truth???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ALL weather is a direct result of heat exchange; that is, heating and/or cooling. Redirecting the jetstream, if it causes air masses of differing temperatures to collide, then you will in fact alter the weather.

Have you ever heard of the "Butterfly Effect"? Look it up then tell me that altering the jetstream can't alter weather.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Actually it's more a matter of the jet streams being affected by weather. They form at the boundaries between air masses of different temperatures (arctic vs temperate). It so happens that those same boundaries also cause low pressure areas so knowing where the jet streams are can help in weather forecasting. They act sort of like sign posts.
en.wikipedia.org...

But the area affected by HAARP is 10's of miles above the jet streams. It cannot affect them.
edit on 3/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The notion that HAARP could effect tectonic processes is preposterous. Most earthquakes originate many kilometers below the earth's surface. How can a wave of any kind of energy penetrate that deep? Oh wait, it can't.

The earthquake cloud thing is weird. I've been studying earthquakes off and on for decades, including several research papers on advance warning methods, and the first time I've heard of this is here on ATS. Funny that.

People who believe this may be true (HAARP/earthquake clouds) need to learn about the physics/geology before making their conclusions. Drat, I forgot that all scientists are controled by the elusive "powers that be"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join