It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you in relationship? Money, Sex, or Love?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, we don't have money, we don't have sex....

So it must be Love.

(We've been close friends for over 16 years - still going strong.
)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is why.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb4da6e3f76d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a395c15de19.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3eb5f8308ab5.jpg[/atsimg]

Just having fun together, working hard together. And protecting each other.
No other reason, other than...we are right for each other.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I married for love, she divorced me for spite.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Women I've dated and the reasoning:

Money:0
Sex:5
Love:0

Of these 3, what am I looking for? Love of course. But living in Indiana and being so particular about the kinds of girls I would date (especially fall in love with) brings some challenges to that table.

Money is a non-issue. I have dated the highschool dropout without a job or a car and I have also dated the girl in med school to become a doctor and start her own practice.

[size=-4]mmm, That med school chick was a BABE!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by frami12

For love and trust. Its hard to find a lady with both qualities when your overseas do to the fact that they get lonely and tend to be unfaithful due to the nearly year long detachment. Thats why ill wait till im out of the army to find true love.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm with my fiancee for love, companionship and sex.

Financially we were both very independent before meeting each other, but because we are good earners and are both professionals in our industries we never considered money to be a basis for anything other than what it is; a salary and something to play with.

We are both quite physically needy people, but we've learned that physical contact comes from the desire to embrace what makes you feel comfortable with the person you love. We're both independent socially so we take company with friends and family moderately without the requirement to be surrounded by peers or the assurances that come with having constant attention.

If under different circumstances I was single, the same principles would apply to anyone I met: love, companionship and sex. In that order too.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by BAZ752]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by BAZ752]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I love my wife.
I was a caretaker and she needed care.
Now sometimes I let her care for me.

I love playing guitar.
There is simply no way to describe the feeling.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
if anyone is in a relationship for sex its the wrong reason, if anyone is in a relationship for money its for the wrong reason, being in a relationship is to be connected with another view on life, to feel connected, loved. if anyone in life wants to succeed in life in any direction, they need to have love, only love can clear your mind of negative thoughts, to be completely loved and adored by someone, you will be given a feeling that drives you to be better in evertyhing you do ,being in a relationship that you are not sure about or have trust issues, you will feel a feeling of upset which is a negative feeling, which means you will never relly succed in anything ,wether it be with the relationship or anything else you try and apply yourself to.

Being in a relationship should be for one reason and one reason only , to make the other person feel so love and adored that it will automatically be retured, no hidden agendas, no secrets, no lies or deceit, no want want want, but caring ccompasion and trust

If you are in a relationship that doesnt feel right sit down with your partner put everything on the table, if the person fees completely comfortable with you and says they love you they will open up to you and tell you everthing and everthing you want to hear, if not you are wasting your time, nothing will ever materialise from a relationship that is based on sex and money

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

if anyone is in a relationship for sex its the wrong reason, if anyone is in a relationship for money its for the wrong reason, being in a relationship is to be connected with another view on life, to feel connected, loved. if anyone in life wants to succeed in life in any direction, they need to have love, only love can clear your mind of negative thoughts, to be completely loved and adored by someone, you will be given a feeling that drives you to be better in evertyhing you do ,being in a relationship that you are not sure about or have trust issues, you will feel a feeling of upset which is a negative feeling, which means you will never relly succed in anything ,wether it be with the relationship or anything else you try and apply yourself to.
reply to post by xeroxphaze

Well I have to be honest, as I said in a different thread.

I like to eat out a lot.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I like to eat out a lot.

WTF??? :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well I have to be honest, as I said in a different thread. I like to eat out a lot.

Well Well Well what can i say , this is exactly why the world is the way it is today, because of people like you and always wanting to find something better, wanting more, clearly you have no understanding at all, anyway, we avoid people like you and try and steer away from people who are only concerned about lust and momentary satisfaction

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
love....wouldn't have put up with him for so long if it wern't love.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
To ease the pressure of the world, i have an extra set of shoulders now

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by frami12

How about blackmail... I wouldn’t marry my husband until he bought me a dishwasher. lol within two days I had a new shiny dishwasher

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

How about blackmail...

LoL, thats just wrong, but funny if you meant it in that respect..., but if that is seriously the reason, then thats just wrong

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

you rock Drums
but not all women are out to "change" their man. I do get what you are saying though and I know a couple people that feel the same way and they are happy. I dont think you have to have someone to grow old with, if you are happy with yourself and your own life the way it is then why even bother with someone else. Personally I like relationships but that is just me, although the single life has been fun, yet confusing!

I personally do relationships for love and nothing else....well sex is good too
but I prefer love over money and sex. Money doesnt make you happy, look at all the miserable billionaires and millionaires and sex well it makes me happy but if I dont love the person it's not the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It was humor first as he was the first person to make me laugh in a long time. I would say love next. Sex gets to be an "Oh whatever" thing after years of being together.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well this has to be love because this girl asked me out.

What happened was when we were away at the school trip i think she was looking at me and what i do to one of my friends which is being funny and respect eachother and caring oneanother
she thinks im the right guy for her and she told me the reason why because her ex boyfriend tell her not to hang out with her friends. To me i was shocked when i heard that cause thats not right, even though your going out with someone they can still talk there friends i'll let anyone do that. And it doesn't bother me.

So we dated for 3 weeks now lol and the strange thing is that im shy it must be that im new to this cause i used to have a girlfriend before.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I married m'Bride because I love her. She married me for the same reason. Sex is a grande bonus that keeps on giving. Money?
We do fine now, live simply, but struggled for years; they were never unhappy years.

She is outside right now, tending the burn pile. MAN! How that woman loves to burn. I've been clearing land for rock and concrete raised beds, and she is wanting me to clear more.

I am inside watching the world cup. There is no ISS flyby for us to watch tonight, but the stars are enough.

edit fer spelin'

[edit on 12/6/10 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I Love this thread! and some responses are a pleasure to read!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join