It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you in relationship? Money, Sex, or Love?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm working in human behavior and found that almost all the relationships I working with address these issues.

Other interesting aspect was that one of this issue discard the other two. Some of them may have just a little of them.

What is your own experience?

Frami

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm in it for the Love, I get my sex elsewhere.

JUST KIDDING.

Seriously, I have always gotten into relationships to feel acceptance because I fell victim to the reality that this world is full of rejection. I wanted to feel accepted.

After my awakening, I learned that I'm worthy to MYSELF because I was made in the image of Love itself. By letting go of my quest for acceptance, I was able to begin the work of loving others and accepting them despite who they THINK they are. That is the only way we can heal this world.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was lucky enough to find someone who will put up with me. And vice versa. Taking the good with the bad. Sounds cliche but that is true love.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Love, sex, common values, common goals. Compatible and desirable genetic and familial goals.

I am not in for money. I make my own. We do not have significant monetary incompatibility, which would be seriously problematic. I'm not in this life to fix someone elses mistakes constantly. I have other things to do. I am not in because it is easier. Frankly, I usually find a goodly number of things are easier without him.

link   
I don't know.

I think I will pick # 4.

Bad Luck.

link   
reply to post by frami12

This Saturday, I will be getting married and it's for love. I wouldn't have moved halfway around the world if it wasn't.

link   
For love and sex. Money was never an issue. My wife was a stay at home mother for all three of my children. She now has a great job and makes more than I do. You can't base a relationship on money or you'll never be truly happy.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by I See You

For Love. Though I have had many a relationship where the Female concerned was in it for either or the other only

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thank you Friends!
Some other observations are that it doesn't matter which issue is better, it's fine for Money or Sex!

We imagine that Love is the Best. It is good we know that!

I found people completely happy with money instead of Sex and Love in their relationship.

How honest can we be ourselves?

Frami

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by frami12

It's for love.... I LOVE THE SEX! And she's hot! It's not about the money, that's for sure, cuz she spends all of that. We made great children, that is the super fringe benefit!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Love. We have had our rocky times and i can be quite hard to deal with and i've never met a more patient, caring person in my life, the sex is just an awesome bonus!

Money - HA! we have enough to get by, but it's not important whatsoever. We've been through bankruptcy and the prospect of living in our car and made it through so Love love love

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ooooooh...This might be a little too revealing but I will say my piece anyways.

I don't do relationships in almost any form when it comes to women.(no men either sorry)Even friends is iffy...I recently had one girlfriend who I thought was cool try to cross the line.So usually I am careful but I didn't see that one coming.

When I feel like sex then I go and have some but I always make sure they know I am a good time and not a long time.

I think having a spouse is more trouble then its worth.
The last thing I want is someone to ask me if I am gonna wear this shirt or someone having my Saturday planned having dinner with her family or someone that wants me to take her out more.
I don't need or want someone to change me.
I can cook my own meals and do my own laundry and make enough money to be happy.
Why would I want all the hot air that relationships carry?

I don't think love exists...I think it is just another decision humans make based on wants and needs.I think alot of it as well is insecurity and fear of being alone.Therefore it is not a genuine feeling to me.

If I need companionship I will get a pet.

I NEVER want kids or a family so thats my approach to it all.

Theres my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I used to think that way. One day my friend you are going to turn 50. And you will look at your life in an entirely different way.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

just so you know - not trying to be rude, but not all spouses are as you described. Personally I couldn't give a stuff about what my partner chooses to wear, it's his body, not mine, because i wear some daggy # around the house too!
I HATE night's out with a passion and would love nothing more to sit around online while he plays playstation, or watch a box set, I dislike my family more then he does, and he does not force me to see his family (thank god!) And as for cooking his meals - HA! you eat what you want, when you feel like eating it! Unless you would love for me to cook my special - burnt toast.

Love does exist, you just have not found it yet
, i'm only telling you this because you seem quite negative towards it, not every woman is looking to mould her man into the 'perfect husband' stereotype. Nor is every man looking for a stepford wife.

I hope one day you find what you are looking for

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'd say I'm in it for the companionship. To share experiences. But I'd choose my companion because of love.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm in it for love. I feel so fortunate sometimes when I realize what great friends my husband and I are. He's my very best friend and I also happen to be head over heels in love with him and he adores me... We are in our 50s and we act like newlyweds (17 1/2 years). My relationship is definitely one of the best things in my life!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I don't see it as me being negative towards it so much as I see the single life as the more fulfilling lifestyle for me.(to each his own)
If love does exist then its like a bad steak in a bad restaraunt...rare and tough and yet you still have to pay for it.
I'll stick to the salad bar.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks again friends!!

I would like to know what have you seen in your parents relationship, friends, siblings?
Did you see any of this three aspects prevalent on them?

Frami

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Love, we started out as best friends, and have remained so throughout the marriage....

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by frami12

I'm in my current relationship for the pain, humiliation and emotional abuse. Not really.....

She's beautiful, mensa, rich, sexy, talented, carries a .38, and thinks I'm funny; what's not to love?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join