It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Powerful Speech - A Call for Revolution {Great Speech}

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Mykey420

lol, like Mao said politics is done at the barrel of a gun. I hate this quote... but feel compelled to agree with it.

And no matter how many guns you have, they'll be useless without someone to direct them in the appropriate direction, someone to lead the armed men.

America possesses no such leader.

Get Angry - Make Signs!

*Exubie works self up into a Sign-Making rage. Prepares to take the country back - with his well-crafted sign*

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

And if we did he would probably be killed long before he could become a threat...

Which leads me to believe it would take millions rising up simultaneously, no easy task to engineer, especially if the elite are willing to nuke everyone who finally does stand up, maybe the non-violents are unto something.... I think the plan, if there is one, is to get enough people to suffocate them or make them insignificant.... This will take centuries....

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Oh no, not another, "Let's rise up and start shooting people!" threads.

:Sigh:

And people wonder why the government is looking at these sites like they are harboring extremists.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykey420

The whole country will go through a catastrophic economic collapse soon enough. The dollar will be worth bupkis.

That'll motivate a few million people.

Wait until the thirty million Americans on Foods stamps stop receiving them - there's a few million more.

Nobody knows what the neap tide will bring.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Not another person who jumps to conlusions and doesn't read posts.

We are talking about why an organized armed uprising won't happen. And then why again..

Edit:

Signs will save us. If we make enough signs and march around with them - we'll take the place back.

The ballot box and the crayon box - that's what it's all about.

*Exubie stops mocking the culture now*

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Not another person who jumps to conlusions and doesn't read posts.

We are talking about why an organized armed uprising won't happen. And then why again..

You got a good point.. I just see it failing. Some rising up seems inevitiable, I hope they succeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I would rather see millions of signs and angry protesters than a group of idiots toting rifles headed towards Washington.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Some rising up seems inevitiable, I hope they succeed.

It will be crushed.

But there'll be no uprising anywhere anyways - even if there is an uprising...

If it ain't on the TV it won't have happened.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I would rather see millions of signs and angry protesters than a group of idiots toting rifles headed towards Washington.

So would I... if their demands we`re multi-faceted, addressed the root causes of the problems they wanted dealt with, AND actually accomplished something.

No one ever suggested peaceful revolution isn`t preferable. I only questioned it`s effectiveness, it almost never works.

The fact Martin Luther King Gandhi, Mandella succeeded is suspect to me...
It would seem like a psy-op to get us to believe it works.

George Washington didn`t lead the revolution with signs and sit-ins. Just saying...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I think that the Tea party protesters worked, we will see, but my prediction is that any politician that ignores them will do so at their own political peril.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I think that the Tea party protesters worked, we will see, but my prediction is that any politician that ignores them will do so at their own political peril.

I don`t know of any meaningful legislation enacted because of them, I`d love to hear of some.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I don`t know of any meaningful legislation enacted because of them...

Well they sure did make some Neat-O signs.

That's one thing that can't be denied about those Tea Partiers.

Edit:

How about when Glenn Beck restored the power to the people with his 9-12 movement?

That was something else. What a great American Patriot.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Sometimes, it's not what is done, but what will happen, 2010 election is coming up. People are still angry, people will remember those politicians who didn't listen to the people.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I think that nothing will change for the average person until a state secedes.

Several states have passed 10th amendment legislation to reaffirms their power.

Any state that succeeds will attract business and people. Taxes will be lower and people will be more free without the federal DC bureaucracy in their lives.

The state will be separated from the debts incurred by the DC regime.

Once one secedes, plenty will follow - then a new economic prosperity alliance would probably be formed.

*But I wonder what would happen if the states that secede had nukes. That'd cause trouble. Or maybe it would keep things friendly?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
There are few things and even fewere people I actually trust and believe in nowadays but Ron Paul is one of them. If this man were to rise up and really demand a revolution by the people and was willing to stand up and represent us I would rise up and fight right along with him willing to lay down my life for a cause like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
If this man were to rise up and really demand a revolution by the people and was willing to stand up and represent us I would rise up and fight right along with him willing to lay down my life for a cause like that.

Haha, if you weren't on one before - you probly are on a watch list for sure now.

I bet you'll be on a no-fly list for saying that.

*An NSA computer probably picked up what you just typed and flagged your post for an analyst to review.

Welcome to 1984 - thought criminal

But hey - by posting here, we are ALL (all of us) now probably 'associated with a person under investigation/who was investigated by the NSA for possible terrorist/anti-governmental group sympathies' - You.

It is like East Germany.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

An echo from the past, as the souls of all those Romans and Greeks who saw the same happen to them now watch, without any ability to change, th inevitable repetitious nature of history.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Where in my post did I talk about using violence against my government? The NSA and whoever the f'ever can interpret that however they want. Protesting is a very dangerous thing with police using tasers, tear gas, wantonly. But I would die if I had to with a picket sign in my hand demanding change.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Yeah it is nice to see some states have reasserted the tenth amendment

I think any nukes would be under federal control, I have to admit I`m ignorant to whether states can posess them or not... ( I would suppose they would have to take control of federal bases in their land.)

States did try to secede once, it would seem from history books it didn`t go well and is mostly blamed on one issue when there were bigger issues.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

OMG!!1!

You did it again. Dissenter!

You are asking where you said something in your own post.

*Anyhow, I didn't say what you implied when you asked where you said something in your post.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

American has never invaded a state/nation that has nukes.

And a large percentage of nukes do not need the president to turn a key to be armed (ie. Tactical nukes)

Many states probably have tactical nuclear weapons.

*The nuclear issue would be something a seceding state would have to consider.

They would have to take a hardline and be ready to use 'em or lose 'em so to speak. Otherwise they'd be invaded and taken over in a heartbeat.

Washington would then have to consider pre-emptive strike on seceding states because of the nuclear issue.

What a crazy mess that would be! I bet not many supporters of secession have considered it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join