It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nude Protest Against Airport Body Scanners

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The underwear bombers Christmas Day attack has prompted calls for the increased use of full-body scanners at airports that would strip-search passengers down to their naked bodies.

So to protest the use of the so-called Nacktscanner (naked scanner), members of the Pirate Party in Germany organized a fleshmob of people who stripped down to their skivvies last Sunday and converged on the Berlin-Tegal airport.

The protesters marked their bodies with a number of messages such as, Something to hide? and Be a good citizen — drop your pants.

One woman has the word diaper scrawled on her lower back with an arrow pointing to her underwear and the word prosthetic printed on her leg. The word piercing and an arrow point to one of her breasts.

The full-body scanners use high-frequency radio waves to produce an image of a passengers naked body beneath clothes. Anything a passenger is carrying against the body — weapons, drugs or explosives — would be exposed. The scanners would also reveal the presence of prosthetic devices and breast implants.

As such, there have been privacy and legal concerns raised about the invasive equipment, particularly because its unclear if the scanners would be able to detect explosives hidden in body cavities and would therefore likely provide only minimal security.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As long as they're girls and they look good they can protest all they want. I'll support them by watching.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Isn't that like committing suicide to protest concentration camps?

Just askin'.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Fleshmob...like it.

As for whether or not it's like committing suicide to protest against concentration camps - it's not really so severe is it?

Reducing peoples liberties in the sake of safety whilst ignoring genuine pleas from those who are concerned about their children becoming terrorists is administration and conditioning taken too far by the authorities. What's it really for? to check we've all got our RFID tags implanted??

Having a spellchecker verify suspected terrorists names would be far more resourceful than this body scanner and would cost everyone infinitely less.

I suppose it's Murphy's law that when the father of the bomber emailed the FBI et al. he was emailing as the president of the first bank of Nigeria, automatically 419 spam filtered!!

-m0r

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
These Body Scanners are crossing the line of personal freedom and privacy. Come on people, just look at the measures taken sine 9/11 and you can see a pattern. You aren't even allowed to carry a bottle of water on the plane any more. You cannot carry a bottle of shampoo or moisturiser if it is deemed "too big". If these Airport Body Scanners are introduced, where will it stop? Where will the line be drawn between being just an average citizen getting on a flight and a potential terrorist that wants to blow up the plane?

Nice video and good on them for protesting against this grossly unnecessary form of control. There is nothing wrong with taking precautions to ensure the majority of people are safe, but this is crossing the line by far...

[edit on 13/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That's great. They need more older and fatter people too.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
No way somebody took my advice.
That is very cool.

Advice

[edit on 13-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
lol great idea,

Spectacle = Main stream media

The trouble with a lot of protests these days, is they dont stray away from the norm, and people are bored with that, what you need is something that the MSM will report on. In Australia recently, the years budget did not include seniors, so they all got out into the street with their bras and panties, it was all over the news for days...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pan7her
lol great idea,

Spectacle = Main stream media

The trouble with a lot of protests these days, is they dont stray away from the norm, and people are bored with that, what you need is something that the MSM will report on. In Australia recently, the years budget did not include seniors, so they all got out into the street with their bras and panties, it was all over the news for days...

Yes, but my eyes have been soiled for eternity...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

I gave you a star and flag for the thread. Even though the title is incorrect.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
reply to post by Sianara

I gave you a star and flag for the thread. Even though the title is incorrect.

there was another video around that had some completely nude people protesting, but it got removed, i presume the video maker edited them out so that it will stay within youtubes terms of service.

so i dont think the title was misleading, unless you were really wanting to see some T n A

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
About this idea, I think it's mildly clever. It certainly gets a lot of attention, which I suppose is the point of any protest that wants to succeed.

In America, we should really consider removing the government from directly manning airport security. If it was done privately, there would be no claim to violation of rights as you have no rights to speak of on private property.

That the theory anyway.

I don't care about the scanners. I don't fly unless I absolutely have to. I really don't see anything to get all bothered about if it isn't the government mandating the machines or manning the airports.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh my goodness I ddin't even think of the poor people who must wear nappies/diapers all day every day....

How humiliating for them... how will they be handled? I mean it would show up on the scanner as either padded crystal filled area or gell filled depending on wet or dry... and even if the person doesn't mind admitting it is a nappy HOW will the authorities diferentiate between an adult nappy or an adult nappy filled with explosives?

Sheesh.......

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
Oh my goodness I ddin't even think of the poor people who must wear nappies/diapers all day every day....

How humiliating for them... how will they be handled? I mean it would show up on the scanner as either padded crystal filled area or gell filled depending on wet or dry... and even if the person doesn't mind admitting it is a nappy HOW will the authorities diferentiate between an adult nappy or an adult nappy filled with explosives?

Sheesh.......

I made the same point a few days ago... it seems all disability appliances will show up on the scanners, some may mask the skin area beneath them, how can the security staff tell the difference between filled urine bag and a urine bag filled with chemical explosives..

Are they going to strip search everyone who's body type does not match their passport (transsexuals, intersex) and those with disabilities..

How can they tell if a breast implant is not filled with explosives??

How will they deal with those in a wheel chairs.. who probably may use multiple disabilities appliances and more importantly will staff be trained in gender and disability awareness? will they have the time to be able to deal with these things sensitively and discreetly.

For me this just opens a whole new can of worms..

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Man no joke.... prosthetic legs filled with explosives... didn't even think of colostomy bags! My friend has one

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

Why do I miss all the good protests?

The protest is certainly full of tastey Irony!

Mmmm, yummy naked irony.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

How can they tell if a breast implant is not filled with explosives??

Oh, you didn't go there!

See what you made me do!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Man no joke.... prosthetic legs filled with explosives... didn't even think of colostomy bags! My friend has one

Certainly an unpleasant can of worms to say the least.. It is not just colostomy bags but tenns machines and insulin pumps.. any of which could be jury rigged for other purposes..

Since all these things now show up, what do they do when they see an anomaly, how do they tell them apart? do they search all anomaly's, or use some form of profiling system.

Either way, not a good day for those with disabilities or gender issues.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
so now alex jones got what he wanted

and those guys are going to get the $10,000 reward

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
ProtoplasmicTraveler said it better than any-one I have seen; his words, "after" article:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to add: To me the sum-total of events clearly implies that many, if not most times these, "terror" events are an inside job; and these, "safety measures" are for nothing more than making sure you are, "use to being under their control".

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by noconsequence]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join