It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nude Protest Against Airport Body Scanners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think that the protesters certainly got their message across. How long before they go from performing a strip search essentially on every person with this new technology to a cavity searching device? This is so disgustingly wrong and is only going to lead to more invasions of personal privacy. Come on when does it stop?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

It appears Australian comedians saw this coming 3 years ago....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Guys, better have the body scanned, than exploded. Do these protesters have ANY better idea to stop terrorists getting on board of airplanes???? I'm listening...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Guys, better have the body scanned, than exploded. Do these protesters have ANY better idea to stop terrorists getting on board of airplanes???? I'm listening...

You didn't read my earlier post.
No second line..

[edit on 13-1-2010 by noconsequence]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

well the last bomber at christmas got on the plane without a passport.

how about we start with the most basic procedures before we get to draconian measures such as full body scanners, So heres a novel idea, DON'T LET PEOPLE ON PLANES WITHOUT A FRIGGIN PASSPORT!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuzzlePieces
I think that the protesters certainly got their message across. How long before they go from performing a strip search essentially on every person with this new technology to a cavity searching device? This is so disgustingly wrong and is only going to lead to more invasions of personal privacy. Come on when does it stop?

ANS: It won't ever stop. TPTB want to make us all willing pawns ready to accept any and all demands made of their sheeple. The simple solution is this: Don't fly! Only exception is if you must for business or emergency. That would still be enough to break most airlines. There are other alternatives in most all situations. Sometimes it is quicker to take a train or even a bus. As long a people continue accepting the increasingly demeaning intrusions into their privacy, TPTB will probe deeper, so to speak...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As a flight attendant who normally goes through TSA between 1-6 times a day I would like to comment:

Everyone needs to get over themselves.

Yup, I said it. You see, air travel and what it encompasses is a "routine". Why is it that experienced travelers such as business executives or frequent vacationers seem to be less stressed; and dare is say it...more composed...than joe-six-pack? Because joe six pack isn't used to a day-in-day-out way of life routine when it comes to navigating airport travel.

I had someone the other day, obviously opposed to body scans, ask me if I was really comfortable "AS A WOMAN" (mm hmm..) getting scanned. I was shocked by the question..."Um, yeah. Why does that make a difference? Because I have breasts?"

Seriously...once that plane gets up in the air I have enough drunks and scum to deal with whilst looking for actual terrorists. Scan everyone to bits please.

Not to rant, but I am also sick of those who want to "racially profile like the Israelis". Well, as someone who has flown on El Al a good fair amount I can say the following:

Its really not racial...its behavioral.
We look at visas now...that is nationality- not race.
Richard Reid (shoe-bomber) is not a typical sounding Islamic name.
And I can't tell the difference between a Puerto Rican and a Muslim...so you think TSA will?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What I'm saying is that cumulatively, we allready have the answers; and that nobody is acting upon them, cause you're not, "allowed" to cumulate.

Here's another fine answer:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by noconsequence]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Spoken like a good little sheeple...
I am sure Big Brother is proud of you.
Do you fly for NWO airlines?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Again, there are no terrorists other than those employed by the government, let's get it straight people, come on already.

When was the last time you personally saw a terrorists, what does one look like? This is all BULLCRAP!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Maybe you are just used to having your dignity stripped away from you 1-6 times everyday. Now you are BLIND to it, just like TPTB want you to be. Where as the everyday "Joe 6 pack" isnt used to having his privacy, dignity, and pride stripped away that easily. Some people need to wake up and smell the BS. I got my rubber boots on. Do you?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Nope buddy, 4 inch heels.

Again, on behalf of all pilots and airline personnel, I'll just share with you what we find ourselves saying every day amongst each other for numerous reasons:

"Theres always Greyhound...."

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The idiots at TSA have in their infinite wisdom come out with a device that no one in this puritanical society would ever submit themselves being scanned by.

instead of doing something like was in Total Recall.

That just showed bones for the persons body. and then if the computer software saw something illegal it would outline it in red.

That would make sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Always Greyhound huh? That is a little selfish now isnt it. Its not like there are an abundance of different airlines that us average folk are able to pick from. Or an Airport that wont, basically, strip search you for any reason.

Thats like me, for instance, being the only person that manufactures and distributes cars, then when people get tired of my outrageous prices i say "They could always walk". Kind of Jack-Assy if you ask me.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ahhh... these German anarcho-autonomous still do it right! Not very threatening to Big Brother's plans, but still effective as political subversion. And at least they ARE doing something substantial about the issue...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
As a flight attendant who normally goes through TSA between 1-6 times a day I would like to comment:

Everyone needs to get over themselves.

maybe for someone that does this every day and it is part of your job you see it like this and accept it.

But let me ask you this, if a terrorist bombs a restaurant, would you accept a full body scan in order to be able to go into a restaurant to eat dinner?

after all, a large restaurant has the same capacity as an airliner...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

Yes, hypothetically if all restaurants had a full body scanner and I really, really wanted to be inside, I would.

Of course, if I didn't want to be scanned I could always eat at home.

That being said, it would scare you to death to see some of the weapons and possible explosives that are capable of blowing up an aircraft and how easy they are to conceal. I'm seriously not going to go into detail because I do not want to draw attention to their existence.

I'm a mother, and a wife, and believe me they train us, along with the federal air marshalls, very well as to how to stop a terrorist in action (I also can't elaborate on this). But, when I'm just trying to do my job and everything...every person I have to examine their behavior and actions...I really can use all the help TSA can give me because I'd like to go home at night.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, every time I tell myself it couldn't possibly get any more insane, someone comes up with something more insane.

In my mind I would have these devices in use at every prison so the convicts don't pass drugs, weapons, etc., but of course that makes sense. I would first test on prison populations and see if can rid the prison system of all the drugs, guns, knives and or whatever contraband is in demand. Use them in federal prisons and use them on all prison guard personnel to ensure they know that criminal behavior will not be tolerated. Then I would use them in federal service to prevent federal employees from sneaking out classified documents and the such that protects our national security.

We could use these scanners in any number or areas in our society, but to expect the flying public to "Strip" for the benefit of the TSA perverts salivating and mumbling in a foreign language that they love your butter dish and peaches is a testament to an insane government gone mad with insanity of the mind. We can do better and the public deserves better. Our children and our elderly wheel chaired grandparents deserve better than to be viewed as some viable terrorist.

Not until the top levels of our government begin acting like adults will we the angry public ever begin to calm down. But, oh yeah, I forgot, we don't matter and they don't listen. That is the way of the insane Klowns in Washington D.C.. (District of Criminals) Circus Central Zone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join