It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24, Day 8

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

sadly, I think you might be right. I know this is Kiefer's last season under contract and I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him before the end of the run. Go out in style so that, when they try to reboot the show with Renee or Freddie Prinz (I hope not), he won't be part of the failure.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I finally watched the last 24. It certainly wasn't very exciting.

Chloe is still making weird faces at everyone, Dana is still worried about the ex [whatever thats all about] and then the drooling guy after Dana needs to get laid.

Renee is still BA and after cutting the guys thumb off is my fave. She showed her sensitive side as well last week, but who wouldn't be worried about being used as she was.

I would like to see more action. Come on Jack there is a lot of NYC to blow up.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I meant to link an opinion piece on the show and how it was too same old same old, with some interesting thoughts on how to correct the issue but I lost the link and cannot find it.

Last night's show started out like the others. slow, mundane, repetitive and a bit boring. Then Renee flipped out and the show righted itself.

Jack's back where we want him. Sure, we know he'll be ok but, still, we want the excitement, regardless of the knowledge of the outcome.

The dana walsh storyline can't end fast enough and I can't find anyone who likes it.

www.lehighvalleylive.com...

One article I read discussed making toast and doing the laundry whenever Dana came on camera.

She's bringing down the show and her stone faced acting is making chloe look like Streep.

Viewers are down 10% and there's a movie being worked on. The show's writers want a movie deal in place before they write the last two episodes. I wonder why? Will they be killing off Jack if the ratings don't improve?

No worries, if he dies, like in seasons past, he can always be brought back to life.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I know this is Kiefer's last season under contract and I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him before the end of the run.

Whoah, I didn't know this! I would have liked the way he would have died last season. Being killed in a shootout could have been done many times already, so it wouldn't be that shocking (plus we would have been waiting for it).

Jack's back where we want him. Sure, we know he'll be ok but, still, we want the excitement, regardless of the knowledge of the outcome.

I liked the episode towards the end. Yes, we know Jack will be okay, but we still love the excitement of his predicament. What shocked me was that the Russians used the sewers to get around, so CTU couldn't track Jack. Very smart!

What's not smart, however, was Renee's Russian partner using the phones to call asking for weapons of mass destruction! Come on, even mechanics who illegally pass cars during inspection tests don't use phones when discussing such illegal things! Shouldn't the baddies be more smart? I understand, though, while talking on the phone is needed for the show, which is to make sure this particular plot development fits into one episode.

One article I read discussed making toast and doing the laundry whenever Dana came on camera.

Very funny!

Viewers are down 10% and there's a movie being worked on. The show's writers want a movie deal in place before they write the last two episodes. I wonder why? Will they be killing off Jack if the ratings don't improve?

Interesting!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

She's bringing down the show and her stone faced acting is making chloe look like Streep.

That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time, esp since she was just in a movie with Streep, Julie & Julia. She made all the same faces as well.

Renee is great, she is so over the top I love it. If they kill off Jack she should be the new lead. She could have a break down every hour and cut people up and kill.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I thought Jack was dying from his exposure to the nerve agent last season. I missed it if he got cured somehow. I wouldn't be surprised though, considering the light speed recovery he made from the stab wound he got from Renee. One second he was down holding his stomach and a split second later he's killing bad guys again.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

they treated him at the end of last season and this season, apparently, takes place far beyond that as Renee is damaged goods as a result of 6 years of undercover work with the russian who raped her.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just watched the most recent episode of 24 and had trouble staying awake. Not sure if it is because I watched it after my night shift or because of the show itself.

There wasn't much Renee, she's just waiting around for Jack who miraculously escaped from his captors.

Dana was plotting her revenge, I'm hoping she gets shot in the melee.. Hey it's possible.

Not much NYC backdrop which was one reason I was looking forward to this season...

There is always next week... I hope it gets better or I think they should quit while they're ahead. In any case I still have some old seasons to watch.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would also like to thank "Jack" for keeping his shirt open for half the episode. Who knew what was under that jacket he wears all the time. Certainly brightened up the show for me. Here's to more

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Would seem the new 24 is as exciting as this thread. This Mondays was ok.. Didn't know air chambers in hospitals were bomb proof. Must find the one in the hospital I work in if ever needed.
The FBI has the prints of everyone in our dept. so you never know who might come after us. Kidding...not about the prints though.

Still disappointed about the lack of NYC scenes but maybe as the location of the target is revealed it will be spotlighted more.

Anybody have any ideas? I have some places I might like to see bombed but who knows what the writers picked.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
Would seem the new 24 is as exciting as this thread.

Haha! Haven't been here in a while, but I've been keeping up with the episodes. The most recent one was okay. The last minutes definitely made up for it (although the last parts of the guy with the bomb vest was straight out of "The Hurt Locker"). I thought Tarin was a bad guy, but I dismissed the thought after seeing how he was with the daughter last episode, so him being a baddie was a bit shocking.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Tarin being the bad guy was a surprise to me as well, and of course they will be gone from the hotel before Jack gets there.

I do think Freddie Prinz jr is doing ok, but he has to dump the gf.

And from Perez Hilton [I know great source] seems 24 is being canceled, maybe. The link within the Perez post, says after the end of this season..

perezhilton.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well now wasn't that an interesting surprise about Dana at the end of the show....go figure. Wonder what her fiance is going to think of that.

The repair guy the Jack "sent" I don't believe him for one minute.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
Well now wasn't that an interesting surprise about Dana at the end of the show....go figure.

Yeah, but it is way overplayed (unless you are new to this show). CTU moles are a thing of the past. No wonder this show may be canceled! Her being a baddie does, though, give her more importance now. At first, I just thought she was white trash, but now she has been upgraded to terrorist!

Also, Jack and company were stuck in the corner for way too long this episode!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

the ctu mole thing is moronic at this point. for the absolute best bet in securing our safety, their employee screening process has more holes than a seive.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

the ctu mole thing is moronic at this point. for the absolute best bet in securing our safety, their employee screening process has more holes than a seive.

It's not the show's fault, I guess. Fox must want (or wanted) the show to keep going on, so the producers were forced to keep milking it. Sure, they could have thought of new ideas, but it is very hard at this point. This show should not have been on TV this long. It's exciting, but repetitive to the point of suicide.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

agreed, which is why I'm sort of hoping they kill Jack off at the end so they don't feel obligated to regurgitate the same thing next season.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

agreed, which is why I'm sort of hoping they kill Jack off at the end so they don't feel obligated to regurgitate the same thing next season.

Is next season a definite? Even if a new guy (or woman) replaces Jack, the show will basically be the same. What they could do, which would be a bit different, is have an entire team on the field save the day, and not simply have just Jack always doing things.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

not definite at all. Fox renewed their hits already but 24 hasn't been picked up and there's been talk of NBC taking over if Fox doesn't sign the show up.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

not definite at all. Fox renewed their hits already but 24 hasn't been picked up and there's been talk of NBC taking over if Fox doesn't sign the show up.

Very interesting!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join