It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24, Day 8

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Season 8 starts Sunday with a 2 hour special and returns again on Monday with another 2 hour show. The show has moved to NYC, Renee Walker is back, Chloe is back, President Taylor is back, Kim is, unfortunately, back and a few new characters who will, invariably, die saving the world have been added.

The show has become formulaic but it is still a blast to watch and discuss and, as has been the case in years past, some of the plot lines seem lifted from our beloved forums so, thoughts? Ideas? Predictions?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This show is formulaic alright, but I still watch it. I was going to make a thread for this season, but you beat me! It's okay, though, I still have my 'Lost' thread. Can't wait until Sunday!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Will be fun to watch in NYC a place I don't know well but at least is more recognizable. I wonder how much of Manhattan will be left at the end of the day.

Not a big fan of Chloe..or rather the actress but the guys need a little eye candy I suppose. I will miss Tony, bad or good I liked his character.

Nothing like some good escapist tv viewing after a day/night at work.

There is a short featurette on the fox website that is a bit of insight to the new season.

www.fox.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good stuff thus far! Can't wait for tonight! There are, however, recycling of plots (such as a CTU employee having a troubled past and someone close to Hassan being a baddie), but we are used to that. Also, President Hassan is the president of a fictitious country (Kamistan)! Interesting!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I haven't seen Monday's show but I'm let down by the first two hours. For starters, it is ridiculous that there's another potentially compromised employee in ctu. They are horrific at vetting their employees. Frightening that they continue to dip into the well that provides the most impossibly unbelievable aspect of each season.

Also, as a nyc resident, I find it horrible that they cannot be more accurate in their locations. Jack lives near 18th and Broadway. He was going 5 blocks to drop off the shot guy. They showed them running on up the street at one point, and in the background was the Baccarat store. It's in the 60's. Nowhere near where they claimed to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
For starters, it is ridiculous that there's another potentially compromised employee in ctu.

Yup!

Also, as a nyc resident, I find it horrible that they cannot be more accurate in their locations. Jack lives near 18th and Broadway. He was going 5 blocks to drop off the shot guy. They showed them running on up the street at one point, and in the background was the Baccarat store. It's in the 60's. Nowhere near where they claimed to be.

You may also be vexed since only some scenes are shot on location (in NYC). The rest, I assume, are in California!

Monday's two hours were good. We are (spoilerish) further moving into the plot, and Renee is back!

[edit on 19-1-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Jack lives near 18th and Broadway. He was going 5 blocks to drop off the shot guy. They showed them running on up the street at one point, and in the background was the Baccarat store. It's in the 60's. Nowhere near where they claimed to be.

To me it looks like NYC, from what I know of it. Sure there are a lot of fans of 24 in NYC but more elsewhere and we wouldn't know the location isn't accurate.

So many shows do this. If it was shot in Boston I am sure I would notice such inaccuracies.

Still like it, the over acting and the ridiculous plots. If I want reality I'll watch the news. Mondays show cued up..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

those exterior shots were NYC. the internal shots at ctu were soundstage and the UN? all real exterior, not sure about the interior shots. Since the UN isn't always in session, I'm guessing they used the location when it was available.

The street shots on Sunday were all real NYC shots. The taxis were all a bit too new and lacking in dings, dents, scratches and scuffs but, other than that, the streets were real.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

those exterior shots were NYC.

I know, but I was getting my info from Wiki's 24 Season Eight page, which cites this:

There are certain things you come to rely on with 24, so it's not gonna be a good day for Jack Bauer. It's gonna be a tough day for him, and we used New York as a backdrop and we shot a little bit there. We've also shot predominantly in Los Angeles, but there's a kind of an energy in New York that suits our show.

Also, I am sure that some NYC shots were CGI since they look too fake for me at least.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I wasn't saying they didn't shoot in NYC, merely pointing out that, in the first two hours at least, the exterior shots were from NYC but the addresses given were wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I wasn't saying they didn't shoot in NYC, merely pointing out that, in the first two hours at least, the exterior shots were from NYC but the addresses given were wrong.

I know, I know. Sorry for the confusion!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Last night's episode was just okay. We didn't really move forward in the main plot. Renee secured her cover with the baddies, and that's the gist of it. I am hating Dana's plot a lot (she's the new Kim I guess).

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Dana's story is ridiculous on so many levels.

so far the show hasn't grabbed me like it has in prior seasons. Hopefully, it will pick up the pace.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
the best part of the last episode was no Elisha Cuthbert.

Renee is great, love a hard a@@ woman. Wonder what side she is really on?

A couldn't spot a double crosser if they wore a sign, so I am sure I'll be surprised.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
Renee is great, love a hard a@@ woman. Wonder what side she is really on?

Yeah, I like her too. I am sure, however, that she is one of the good guys. I think she is just very suicidal right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Tonight's episode was alright. Not much action.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

the show is moving slower than normal this year. might be a result of the plotlines all seeming so familiar already. We know that the tech chick is going to have a problem with the break in, we know that she is going to put Jack and Renee at risk as she tries to save her own hide by helping her ex, we know that the CTU head is going to make a wrong decision that will result in Jack being in deeper danger than normal, we know that there's going to be another gov't mole, either with the Islamic Republic or the Americans.

We know it all. We need something different to bring back the excitement.

So far, the best thing about the show is Renee and her dead soul stare.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

We know it all. We need something different to bring back the excitement.

What an interesting job we now have here in this thread! How about you state what you would like to see in '24'!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I would but I want to state now, to the writers who do read this site, that I want some credit in the form of a character named Crakeur or Floogin McNoogin.

For starters, enough with the moles in CTU and/or the government. It cannot happen every year. Second, how about some homegrown terrorists. There's a show on Showtime that is similar to 24 and it centers on a Muslim man who works for the gov't and he infiltrates cells. It ran for two seasons, not sure if it's coming back. The cell he infiltrated was run by a muslim man posing as a jewish guy, a french dude and a couple of americans who converted to islam.

The actual terror attacks are tough to come up with as they've gone pretty big from the start. In the very first episode they blew up a plane. They've had nukes, bioterror etc. They've run out of ideas because they started too high and scaling down the terror, while more frightening (suicide bombers on buses is scarier than plane hijackings), is not going to cut it anymore.

The show is still entertaining but it's lost some of its edge.

Bring back Mandy and all will be right in the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The only way the producers can make this show top everything they did in past seasons is by having Jack save the entire universe from destruction .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join