It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS being used to spread Anti American Propaganda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yes, I believe it is being used to spread anti American propaganda, there I said it.

Would all of your anti AMERICAN president propaganda threads be part of this tally?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

so you are saying that you wouldn't back up your family in a fight.
your mother and any of the possible fathers must be proud of you.
people like you are why birth control is so important.

seriously,read my posts then read yours.
post something intelligent next time please

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is such a typical American response.
Firstly we have all seen headlines on this site claiming (insert country)trying to murder all (insert religion), i have seen some pretty amazing stories posted. Once it turned towards an American accusation you start calling for the people IP address to be tracked? Are you serious?
How can one argue on one instance a "parent state" or "evil agenda" and on another start pointing the finger towards those that arent American minded enough for you.
McCarthy hearings much?
Your becoming a whistleblower for the very powers to be you are opposed.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Hack28]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

right on! ya can't have ya cake and eat it to, (unless it's chocolate, then it's mine!) I say to the original, get over it, and get the wee chip thats beginning to grow off your shoulder, we came here so we could express our thoughts, not have big brother monitor them as well. Perhaps what you should be doing is asking yourself why there's so much so called anti american feelings about at the moment and then ask yourself what positive things you can do to change it, instead of whinging about it. And as for everyone wanting to be America, I suggest you leave your country and go for a long hike around the world, might open your eyes my friend, and no I'm not anti american, i spent a long time there and love it same with every country i've been to (and thats alot) I just think more of you should read what's on web sites like here instead of believing your media.
big hugs

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I know what topic you're talking about. some of those videos were also made up, and the one with the grenade and a chocolate is a joke that was not a threat. Everyone laughed. My chem teacher did something similar with alkalines and water.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
No country is perfect, if you look close enough you'll find some truly horrible things about any nation, I created what to some might be considered an "anti-American" thread but noted several time I was NOT., and pointed out that these soldiers were not only US forces. That aside...

The ability to criticize you government should be a right for all us who live in the the "free world" with every pro-government image we are flooded with everyday it's good to have one area that balances it out. I thought America was founded by great men who fought against the injustices their nation was doing, despite the popular beliefs at the time. How quickly we forget our heritage.... America is a great nation, it is a major exporter of scientific breakthroughs and a cornerstone in the worlds entertainment.

Seriously, criticizing your government is the exact opposite of being anti-american.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Sorry to go off topic, but that video might be a joke to you or me, but these children have been in constant fear of grenades and guns their whole life, for them tomorrow is never assured. And it might seem funny to us, but imagine if grenades and suicide bombers regularly destroyed your country.

Also, no those videos were not fake.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

too true, but I agree with the OP. Specifically the topic he cited. There's a difference between questioning your government and flat out lying to make it look bad.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Exactly, good call. And whenever there is a pro America thread an anti American mod like "Gemwolf" moves it to the rant section so that nobody can see it.

In fact if you want to see anything written that's good about America or American soldiers, you'll need to go to the BTS Rant section where stars of agreement are not allowed.

It is sad though because these anti American mods are going to take any possibility of making this site profitable and throw it away. The Gov. doesn't need to do a thing, ATS will allow itself to be destroyed by these people.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I'm Australian, apparently considered a "tiny" America, in the way of culture and TV etc. Im going to give you my utmost honest opinion about what i think of your "anti-american propaganda". Please try and understand i am going to be as unbiased as possible. Please try not to take what i say as an attack, just purely observations.

I dislike your politicians and how they run your country and how they force their opinions on the rest of the world, not to mention brainwash their own people into doing their own terrible deeds - after all, it's your friends, monthers, fathers, sisters and brothers doing the dying wherever they are - not the fat hungry politicians who are only too happy to send you off to your death.

I do not disslike American poppulace, as you are as powerless to mainstream media and propaganda as everyone else when it comes to making an informed decision.

What you must face, is the fact that Atrocities are being commited on all sides here, not just by Yanks, but by ANYONE supporting their oil hungry regime - though this regime is not soley American, as i see it that most nations are willing to sacrifice their own people to get where the 0.05% of the poppulace (oligarchy) want it.

The concencus here in Aus, not to mention many other places on the planet is that the war in Iraq, and the war that occured in Afghanistan was for and is for nothing more than gaining and retaining your world power title through WAR and attaining more resources.

If hitler used false flag tactics (Chrystal Nacht) what makes you think that similar powre hungry politicians are not doing so in your own country. (My country is no better, for they are supporting the regime with our own people, utterly disgusting)

I am not interested in Obama, as i see him continuing on what Bush did, no im not a racist either - i just know you get liars and cheats in all colours and creeds, playing the race card doesnt work for me as it is always used as a diversion tactic to take away from something that has been done.

I was incredibly upset learning that he has apparently shredded the constituion by implementing this and that and taking away common civil liberties, apparently moreso than bush too.

You know what is going to happen to America eventually?? Let me tell you - i might add that it is somewhat frightening. You will be forced back to your borders, probably having to defend your own country from people who you have alienated through the actions of your leaders and you will be decimated, raped, tortured and utterly weakened - see History books for all previous "world Powers" and their subsequent demise.

Im not saying i will be a part of it, No, not in the slightest - in fact id be completely adverse to it as i value all human life and life in general - but i see, using history as a reference, that America too will fall, allowing for some other power hungry p.o.s to rise to the top and start their own regime of BS and disinfo..

It happened to Rome, Spain, France, Germany etc etc etc..

Where will it END? I truly hope that we can all come together as a race of intelligent beings and surpass the need for War and destructive tactics that have plagued our existence for the past millenias.

It sucks, but your politicians have done this themselves. If you don't like it, gtfo of America while you still can. Who knows what will happen. I fear for my family and friends here in Aus as well as my mates in America - i don't want harm to come to any of them, as they are as against the war and are incredibly intelligent loving human beings themselves..

Just be willing to listen what others have to say when it comes to your country, as an outside perspective can sometimes reveal some less than pretty or nice truths.

I understand patriotism, but i dont believe there is much to be patriotic about America anymore

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

America is still and always will be the place everyone tries to emulate.

Well if there IS any anti American sentiment, this is just the sort of delusional statement that is guaranteed to inspire it!
OP, I am sure there is some anti American sentiment. If only because there is a lot of strife on the planet just now and some people see America as one of the main culprits. But I don't think there is any agenda. There are some wonderfully wise people on here and others just launch in without engaging their brains. This is the internet. It's easy to say anything when you are not face to face. And when you are the object of criticism, it's easy to feel that everything is directed at you. Like when I crashed my car last year, I started noticing every other car with a dent and it began to feel like half the population had had a shunt!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I am telling you as an alli from Australia the USA is the most corrupt counrty in the world and we are not far behind you.
What I should say is the USA Government is the most corrupt not your everyday run of the mill American

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

First off, I love the American people as a whole and I love the American land as well. I have nothing against the general population or land. However, over the last decade in particular, certain elements in the US government have worked extra hard at alienating the US from the rest of the world. The New World Order agenda mentioned by Bush senior is being implemented and it isn't pretty. The US has indeed deceived the world and its own people about the events surrounding 9/11. They have done anything and everything to extract oil from the world because of their extreme thirst for the stuff, and they have killed millions of people throughout the world in order to do so. They foment war all over the place, all under false pretenses.

What exactly is it that you don't understand about this? The USA of years gone by is no longer. It is now a tool of the world elite to try and enslave the rest of humanity. The very best thing that could happen is for all the rogue and corrupt elements in your country to be brought to justice. Only when you figure out how to fix the messes your government has created all over the place, will the people's of the earth once again look favorably upon your government. You are no longer the bastion of freedom you may have been at one time so many years ago. You, the self-appointed protector of the world may indeed be the biggest "wolf in sheep's clothing" yet to appear on the world stage.

And, let's assume you are right, and there are people here who are doing propaganda against the USA. Given the fact that the CIA and others of your government regularly engage in those types of activities in order to accomplish their goals, why shouldn't the same thing be done to you? You are at war, at least in the minds of your government, and propaganda is a common tool of warfare. I mean, just turn on your mainstream news and you will hear propaganda in virtually every story.

Maybe some people would like to light a flame under the butts of your citizenry so you will actually get up and do something to try and save your republic, if it indeed is not too late, which I have my doubts about.

Instead of complaining about supposed propaganda, perhaps you and your countryman should start complaining where it may do some real good... in the offices of your representatives. If enough of you do it, you can put the fear of "voter revolt" into them and you can get them to start changing things back to a REAL republic. How can you say you have a government BY the people, when the people refuse to govern? I know that football, and basketball, and American Idol is more fun, but are those things really more important than your nation's survival?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Another problem is that when it comes to conspiracy boards, very rarely do you get positive threads about what is going on in the world.

In my very limited opinion, the good people from the US are still great people, and the US is still a great place that has much to offer, be it for business, pleasure or whatever. Same with the Brits.

A very tiny minority are responsible for the more negative issues brought up on this site, i think as long as people keep their minds open and blinkers off, we can get by here without the place descending into what the OP is describing.

As already stated, the latest issue is still under investigation, so unless anyone has first hand knowledge of the incident, maybe it's best not jumping to conclusions yet.

Either way, a few bad apples does not make a whole country bad.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

I reluctantly say that many of us, the Teabaggers, Patriots, and silent majority do agree with you on these things. We feel a heavy weight upon us because we know that the deauchbag international bankers pull the strings of these fools that are supposed to be representing us.

Don't resent or give up on the actual American people, we are a bunch who have been deceived and raped by these few aristocrats. Those of us that are here, on ATS, and who have been aware and witnessed this happening have not been silent, but have only been virtually invisible.

Do not count us out just yet. We Americans who are aware have been trying to make the rest aware since the days of Chuck Harder and the Peoples Radio Network way back in the 90's and everyone said we were crazy for saying what the future would bring. But you know what, we were all correct.

Right now in America we are finally, after so many years, waking these sleeping bastiches up. It takes a long time to wake up 300 million people. But now for the very first time we have average everyday people who are becoming aware of the fed, looking into 911 and the Bilderberg and becoming generally awake enough to realize that there is in fact a puppet master and we are not it.

The good people of America, the normal people who would always come to the aid of our brothers anywhere in the world are NOT the politicians we have in Washington D.C. and we are very much now moving in the direction to change that.

It takes a lot of effort to move a mountain, but once it starts moving, God help the fools who get in its way.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by factbeforefiction]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

i agree with you.

If so much as anything happens now the CIA did it or such.

its one thing to critisize but making up these outright lies is different.

yes,i know the US has many faults and made mistakes.

but i have noticed this also and Its starting to get extreme.

huggs everyone

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Its a shame that its not actually propaganda !

Face it , the entire world are always going to be against america and its growing empire considering the way they treat the rest of the world.

Its no surprise

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

If we are going to stop the wars USA is involved in we really need to reach people like you my friend.
It is NOT about your country it is about your government. This is essential, it is important you understand what your army is doing in your countrys name and what it is doing to you. If you are going to understand this you need to let go of your ego.

Best regards from sweden.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
When you murder 3,000 of your own citizens as an excuse to start a couple of genocidal wars that have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, don't be surprised if you get accused of all kinds of >SNIP< -- and with good reason.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by GoldenFleece]

Mod Edit: Please don't circumvent the censors.

[edit on 1/12/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join