It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli general Brigadier-General Uzi Eilam denies Iran is nuclear threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Israeli general Brigadier-General Uzi Eilam denies Iran is nuclear threat

www.timesonline.co.uk

A general who was once in charge of Israel’s nuclear weapons has claimed that Iran is a “very, very, very long way from building a nuclear capability”

Brigadier-General Uzi Eilam, 75, a war hero and pillar of the defence establishment, believes it will probably take Iran seven years to make nuclear weapons.

Eilam, who is thought to be updated by former colleagues on developments in Iran, calls his country’s official view hysterical. “The intelligence community are spreading frightening voi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Courageous man right here ladies and gentlemen, I hope Mossad doesn't try to put a hit on him or Israel putting him in jail for "treason".

Israel has cried wolf many times before, then they made that fake document and now a retired general with many inside contacts is saying that Israel's claims are ludicrous.

I'm sure some will label this man as a self-hater, but he is a brave man during these times when truth is treason in the empire of lies!

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The propaganda assault on Iran is currently set to Mega-high. I mean, folks going from person to person in an American city with a video camera asking if we should attack Iran only hear responses like "Let's go ahead and attack Iran", or "Use more sanctions then attack Iran".

This guy may be trying to sound like he may possibly be in the "don't bomb Iran" crowd, but it looks more like he's trying to appease the crowd opposed to a strike on Iran. Then, if people take the bait, all he has to do is a bait and switch and even the opposition is now ready to bomb Iran.

All he said was that "Iran does not have nuclear capability" (which everyone is saying since there is no Iranian nuclear bomb that we know of, anyways), and that they are "years away" from it. So he has left open the option of bombing Iran by not acknowledging that Iran has publicly declared that they do not intend to build an atomic bomb, and by instead indicating that they are building an atomic bomb, but just not right away.

All that we would need is another fake document for him to bait and switch folks.

Don't buy the bull.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by MegaCurious]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I give it two maybe three months and israel will attack Iran. In return iran will attack israel and us bases in the region as they have stated they will . as for the dude i wouldnt put it past them to call thier own ant-sametic. this is not fact just my opinion based on what i'v heard from both sides thus far.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
I give it two maybe three months and israel will attack Iran. In return iran will attack israel and us bases in the region as they have stated they will

I'm not sure about this
I think Iran talking though is jsut Iran talking tuff
they have no military budget, Russia will have to help
and who's side will Egypt be on, Israel of course

it's clear who will be the winner and who will be the loser
Israel is stockpiling all sorts of weapons a la american taxpayer gratuity

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Whistle Blowers in Israel are due to fears from Moussad reprisal .

This General , at the ripe old age of 75 , is probably not so easily scared.

I'm sure , he, if anyone is aware of the reach of the Pro-Israel camp,

and already figures his days are numbered .

A Patriot for Israel is what he is, Not Zionist Israel.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is one perverted view on Israel you have. Nothing will happen to him. There are people who say things that are even less hawkish ,and they are still alive.
Imagine that...

There is freedom of speech in Israel. It is a democracy. You should visit this scaaaary place sometime. Now ,it is not as free as US or majority of Europe. There are problems with discrimination and intolerance. Authorities/secret services/military have lots of power, but there are counterbalances. Not always adequate.
So just as NASA is not going to force you to call Neptune whatever it was (i forgot myself) in Hebrew, nobody will shut this person up. Reality about Israel is very different then what you think about it. Not that there are no problems, serious problems exist. However someone did a pretty good job demonizing the country.
As for war - there are people high up who call for attack on Iran. No doubt. But i fail to see how it would be executed without coalition government and without preparedness for attacks from all the sides. Do not see it right now. Attack on Iran would cause a war in the region, with Surya, Lebanon and Gaza involved too and so far Israel is not prepared, at least in the rear.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Have a plate with crow.

Here is a example of free speech Israel,

These Orthodox Jews held a peaceful protest against Zionist Israel.

I believe these guys are the most Passive Jews.

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Actually that’s not true many members of the Neturei Karta sect of Orthodox Judaism have been imprisoned and tortured within Israel for speaking out against the Zionist regime and its policies.

So yes if you consider free speech the right to say what your interrogators are torturing you to say then yes Zionist Israel has free speech.

If you mean free speech where you can’t be imprisoned or tortured for saying things then no, Zionist Israel does not have free speech.

Zionist Terrorists killed just as many recreant Jews opposed to their plans for independence and a Zionist state as they did British Soldiers and Diplomats, U.N. Diplomats and indigenous Arabs opposed to their plans, agenda and rule.

I know you would like us all to have zero knowledge of these well documented occurrences but some of us do have knowledge regarding them!

But hey acting angry and indignant will always get you some stars from the Israeli Internet Defense Forces when espousing those falsehoods!

[edit on 10/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Have a plate with crow.

??? Crow is not Kosher.
If it was an attempt to insult me, it missed. English is not my native language, so sorry, have no idea what i should do with a crow. On a plate. Or on an internet forum.
As for video - where do you get that it was against freedom of speech? I do not see crows on the plate, but i do see cops arresting two guys out of several dozens. Maybe these were Evil Zionists Who Just Threw rocks at Arabs? Maybe it were shape-shifting crows?
I will link you example of freedom of speech in Israel:
www.youtube.com...
This person is a member of Israeli parliament.
He can say whatever he wants. No crows.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Have a plate with crow.

Here is a example of free speech Israel,

These Orthodox Jews held a peaceful protest against Zionist Israel.

I believe these guys are the most Passive Jews.

Enjoy

Eating crow means:

I have proven what you said 100% wrong, so now you will concede that

you were wrong

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
[edit on 10-1-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Maybe just switching tactics from anger aimed to deflect away from the truth, to self depreciating humor aimed to deflect away from the truth still won't hide the truth!

The fact of the matter is that many Orthodox Jews who are opposed to Zionist rule and Zionist Israel itself are arrested and are tortured for their views and endure other forms of persecution as well.

It's all documented it's all fact, and no anger or humor aimed at trying to cover up the fact that the Zionists maintain a fascist regime will cover up the fact that it is a fascist regime, one bent on genocide and apartheid.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Please bring me example of torturing of Naturei Karta for what they said. A link. A source. GPS coordinates. Whatever.
And as for pre-1948 argument between secular Zionists and religious leaders - yes it happened. And yes, people were killed. You seen me somewhere claiming that Zionism is nice white furry bunny? Zionism was born as an idea to create new Jew in his own country and thus eliminating the hate, and as with any movement where people consider that goal justifies the means lot of bad things were done.
But this still is not a reason to demonize Israel. Zionists did bad stuff. But it does not mean that anyone can start creating new myths or reusing old ones for propaganda war against Israel. Result of Zionist actions:
There is no "new" Jew. There is independent state of Israel. And there is same hate. So Zionism failed, just as religious leaders claimed. People can create any theory about what bad things Israel does - out of the blue. People can use Goebbels theories from old newspapers and it will be enough. And with the same hate Israel is a Jewish national home, so majority of Jews, even most of different religious movements who were against establishing Israel as a Jewish state - now support it. Not because they are Zionists. Most of Haredim are not Zionists and Naturei Karta are a small minority among Haredim. But because this is their home and it is in danger.

Edit:
Here is a link of demonstration of Naturei Karta on Israeli independence day. They speak in Yidish and stuff is written in Hebrew, however from Palestinian flag you can guess it is them. And no police, no torture...

www.youtube.com...
Could it be???? Probably all where tortured later that evening by merciless Zionists serving them crows on the plate....
oops forgot the link.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
There is independent state of Israel.

I can't agree with anythign you said as you spoke in past tense as if israel is an angel today

But I would like you to explain the above on how the welfare state of israel is an independant state.

Please explain

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Welfare state.... I guess that it is about American aid. So here is the situation: Israel gets large sums of money from US, but it is just few percent of its annual budget. So if US financial aid stops, Israel will not collapse. Not that it would not be felt, for example US aid is 2.8 billion $. But Israeli budget for 2009 is 313 billion shekels or 82 billion $. So it is not welfare state, but a subisdized one.

Egypt is also welfare state? Or an independent one.....
And personally i think that this aid should stop. Gains are well understood but US has a very effective tool to pressure Israel with it, and uses this tool too. Contrary to what you think.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

nope not arguing about egypt

now you are talking about american AID, does that include the oslo bribe or are you ONLY referring to the oslo bribe?

and yes I did say bribe, paying a state to be peaceful is disugsting on both the side of the bribers and the recipients, it is repulsive.

but back on topic, $82Bn only represents money from the Oslo bribe.
Tell me when Israel attacked Gaza during cast lead who supplied the weapons?

and btw, $82bn from the olsb bribe represents almost half of Israel's GDP.
Half of Israel's GDP comes from a bribe.

ALSO

Congress bypassed the normal appropriation process on June 26 when it approved a $170 million raise in military aid to Israel, as part of a larger supplemental spending bill.

Last August, Jerusalem and Washington signed an agreement that should direct $30 billion to Israel over 10 years.

The $170 million raise to Israel will bring the overall military funding to $2.38 billion — the highest of any such package.

www.forward.com...

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I do not understand what Oslo bribe you speak of. Never heard about it. 82 billion $ i spoke of are Israeli budget for 2009. Oslo accords were in 1993. So sorry, do not know what to say.
As for Gaza war, i assume that you ask who supplied weapons To Israel, not to Hamas. Educated guess would be that Israel bought majority of it from US. Using those 2.8 billion. Since as you surely are aware of, Israel has to use majority of US aid (75 percent if i am not mistaken) to buy US products. This is why Hetz (Israeli missile interceptor) is made in US for example.
If you meant Hamas - i really do not know where it buys its weapons, but i do know that Gaza civilians have problems with water/food/medication/basic sanitarian needs. Hamas does not have problems with getting rockets,explosives,firearms, grenade launchers ,mortars and ctr. Priorities?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I do not understand what Oslo bribe you speak of. Never heard about it. 82 billion $ i spoke of are Israeli budget for 2009. Oslo accords were in 1993. So sorry, do not know what to say.

Oslo accord guaranteed yearly bribes to Israel and Egypt.

As for Gaza war, i assume that you ask who supplied weapons To Israel, not to Hamas. Educated guess would be that Israel bought majority of it from US. Using those 2.8 billion. Since as you surely are aware of, Israel has to use majority of US aid (75 percent if i am not mistaken) to buy US products. This is why Hetz (Israeli missile interceptor) is made in US for example.

I do apologize but I find your usage of the word "buy" to be quite humorous.

but i do know that Gaza civilians have problems with water/food/medication/basic sanitarian needs.

Ummmmmm, it's called an Israeli blockade friend!!!!

Priorities?

Sovereignty!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

US has a very effective tool to pressure Israel with it, and uses this tool too. Contrary to what you think.

Could you elaborate on that? I'd be interested to know more about that as I fail to see how the US pressures Israel in such a way that is has (had) serious consequences.

If you meant Hamas - i really do not know where it buys its weapons, but i do know that Gaza civilians have problems with water/food/medication/basic sanitarian needs. Hamas does not have problems with getting rockets,explosives,firearms, grenade launchers ,mortars and ctr. Priorities?

That is definitely a fact that cannot be denied. People shouldn't pretend that Hamas is all good. It's not, it's a terrorist organization that cares little about the Palestinian people. They care about power and greed and their fight against Israel has priority over the wellbeing of Israeli's. You know my opinion on Israel's policy towards the Palestinians, but people shouldn't act as if it's the evil Zionists against the poor Hamas liberation militia. It's not that black and white.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Mdv2]

<<   2 >>

join