It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videos of soldiers abusing Iraqi children and Animals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I love this we trian men to kill thats there job kill anything that gets in there way, we teach them to dehuminze the enemy then some people complain when they really do turn in mad dog killer types..

Soliers are not some moraly pure and perfect people they are people and some of them are just a sick as the rest of the people you have living in your country, just because there are soldiers that are sick and twisted does not mean all of them are.

Its like saying all dogs are bad because one bit its owner.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by franspeakfree

To yourself, Drunkenshrew and anyone else who this applies to;

Have you ever served or otherwise gone through any military training? If not don't talk rubbish about what you think soldiers are trained to do or how soldiers think or act; you honestly haven't a clue.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Mike_A]

Hm, I haven't served in the military. But this is an internet forum. Anyone can post here. So instead of attacking me, please tell me what is factual wrong in my argument? Maybe killing machine is a too strong word. But people are changed during recruitment training. This is generally accepted knowledge. If they give young men very expensive equipment, provide expensive training and plan to use them in a foreign country in a war zone, which mindset do TPTB want to install in young military personal? Recruits are accustomed to follow orders, philosophical thinking is not taught.

Article about recruit training (emphasize mine):

Recruit training is the initial indoctrination and instruction given to new military personnel. It may be common to all recruits, officers being selected on the basis of competency shown during recruit training, or for the enlisted ranks only. Officer trainees undergo more detailed programs, which may either precede or follow the common recruit training, taking place either in an officer training academy (which may also offer a civilian degree program simultaneously), or in special classes at a civilian university.

Resocialization is a sociological concept dealing with the process of mentally and emotionally "re-training" a person so that he or she can operate in an environment other than that which he or she is accustomed to. Resocialization into a total institution involves a complete change of personality. Key examples include the process of resocializing new recruits into the military so that they can operate as soldiers (or, in other words, as members of a cohesive unit) and the reverse process, in which those who have become accustomed to such roles return to society after military discharge.

en.wikipedia.org...

If the term “killing machine” wasn't the bone of contention. Do you doubt that many female soldiers are sexually harassed in the military? If so, please provide a source. Do you doubt that most young American men who have committed criminal acts in Iraq, haven't filmed them for Youtube?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Could you please paint with a broader brush? Are you saying I joined the US Army because I enjoy killing? Wow, I didn't know we knew each other and that you knew why I joined (not even close to your observation)...........proof please or you just come off as another self hating individual, without the intestinal fortitude to experience something not fed to you by some form of media. Make sure and leave the op a star anf flag though, the counts not high enough yet is it, I mean, after all, that's the only reason for this thread being started in the first place.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the hardcore conservatives are laughing with the soldiers when they watch those videos.

It's all perspective folks,

you either realize the realities of war, or you can take action and kill off the bankers of this world.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Isn't it heart-warming when you see our troops out there on the streets, winning hearts and minds... acting responsibly and fighting to keep us safe as we're always told they are?
/sarc

This is only scratching the surface too.

Truly disgusting...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What skum, the ones that know about it and don't report it, or kill something are just as bad.
This goes to show the mental make up is much the same as in grade school, as goes thru life.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

So this discounts the good that the vast of the military members do? Wow, that's a broad brush you're painting with.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

for every video of apparent or actual abuse against Iraqi (or Afghan) civilians by US forces I can show numerous atrocities by Iraqi or Afghan (or others in their name) against civilains.

We can start with the large collection of videos of suicide bombers in markets, mosques, schools et al and end with the odd be-heading, whipping, stoning or just plain old fashioned "mowing them down".

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that many if not most of the "suicide car bombings," mosque bombings, and other bombings against civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan were actually false flag attacks staged by the allied forces.

A couple examples that stand out in my mind was the van of British forces pulled over by Iraqi police. They were all wearing fake beards and dressed as Iraqi civilians, and their van was loaded with high tech explosives. The van refused to stop for the Iraqi police, so the police pulled over the van and arrested all the soldiers inside. Before an investigation could be conducted, US forces stormed the jail with a tank and killed all the police officers present.

Then there's the little known fact that so many of the cars used in the suicide bombings had been stolen in California. Odd. Why would a car that had been stolen from the streets of California end up in Iraq to be used as a bomb? Why would Iraqi bombers need to import cars from California to be blown up? More than likely, a car stolen off the streets of Iraq would be reported, and therefore would be more likely to be pulled over at some point enroute to its intended bombing. And if more and more cars in these attempted bombings are found to contain some unconscious Iraqi driver and a remote control device, people might get suspicious. Cars brought in from California would be less likely to get pulled over and blow the cover of the operation.

Also, Daniel Pearl was very likely beheaded not by terrorists, but by US forces. He was very close to tracking down vital clues about the truth behind 9-11. So, the CIA set up a meeting between him and some "al Qaeda" operatives, who then kidnapped and killed him in the most grotesque way to make all Americans and people around the world unite in their hatred of al Qaeda and terrorists. Only problem, al Qaeda is a CIA creation and the two organizations are still deeply enmeshed.

So, before we go accusing Iraqis, Pakistanis, Afghans, al Qaeda, Taliban or terrorists of committing some crime, we better be sure we have all the facts. After all, the FBI still wants bin Laden for several acts of terrorism, but it has never wanted him for the 9-11 bombings, because, according to the FBI, it doesn't have reliable evidence to link him to 9-11. Visit the FBI Most Wanted site and check it out yourselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
100,000+ allied soldiers in Iraq.

8 Videos showing things that may or may not be bad.

WOW!

I would imagine that if you followed 100,000 random people in the USA around with video cameras you would be able to record a lot more that 8 things that could be considered bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

So this discounts the good that the vast of the military members do? Wow, that's a broad brush you're painting with.

Did i say that all soldiers do this?

Or even the majority?

Isn't it funny that all we ever hear on the news are stories about how great and brave our soldiers are... and how they're changing opinions and winning over the people.

Yet every time these kind of incidents happen (the kind the OP has shown) it sets back any progress.
And while these soldiers (scum) may be the minority, and for every one of these type there are 5 good ones...doesn't change the fact that there are MANY like this out there... who take pleasure in abuse and torture of human beings... human beings they are supposed to be helping.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

How many scum live in your town, how many good people live there too? It's a part of society, and as such will have good and bad people in it.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr. toddly

I am not even sure how to reply to this but it might be time re think som of your statements.

Let me get this striaght cars imported from California surley if the Americans are in control they would make sure the cars where'nt stopped not only that is I am pretty sure if they wanted to they would buy cars locally.

British soldiers with fake beareds going to blow stuff up, would this not be an ongoing thing so they would grow real beards.

I have no doubt that the war continuing is good for the money men behind it but I think there are enough nut jobs in Iraq that they could give the locals the bombs and point them in the right direction.

Not be so dumb as to actually do it themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

How many scum live in your town, how many good people live there too? It's a part of society, and as such will have good and bad people in it.

Of course it is... I'm really not seeing a point to your responses to me?

I post my views on the videos/topic and you jump in accusing me of "painting with a broad brush" when i tell you i haven't (as you can see in my first post i didn't) you then say... "oh well, that's life.. there are good and bad people everywhere"

Do you not think i know that?

The point is that the soldiers in those videos and countless others are completely out of order and I, along with many others have posted here saying exactly that.

What exactly is your point?

Why is it that you felt the need to firstly accuse me of something i didn't do, and secondly then tell me something which i imagine everyone who is not brain-dead is aware of?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Yet every time these kind of incidents happen (the kind the OP has shown) it sets back any progress.

You can't honestly say that some of those video link titles aren't misleading? Let me ask you a question?

Why all the "Anti-US" replies when the only REAL abuse shown was supposedly "British Troops" beating up some kids?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You can't honestly say that some of those video link titles aren't misleading?

Well my replies while initially about the OP, are also aimed at other videos I've seen and other stories and experiences I've read.

Let me ask you a question?
Why all the "Anti-US" replies when the only REAL abuse shown was supposedly "British Troops" beating up some kids?

I don't believe i mentioned the US in any of my posts?
This is the only page of this thread I've been involved in and i can't speak for anyone else regarding any statements they may have made regarding the US, by i have personally made none, so not really sure what you're talking about?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Hm, I haven't served in the military.

Yet you make grand proclamations about how soldiers think and about what they are trained to do with no greater insight than that provided by a wikipedia article. Oh well if wiki uses the word indoctrination then my personal experiences and those of plenty of others here and outside of this site must have been a haze like dream.

And to be clear my bone of contention is with your ill informed drivel about “all natural barriers which keep soldiers from mistreating their fellow humans [being] battered down”; about recruits being drilled to “always” follow orders; about soldiers being brainwashed and all the additional reams of stereotypical nonsense found in your posts.

If you looked beyond you own stereotypes and those provided by “Platoon” or “Apocalypse Now” then you would find that soldiers run the range of personality types and are every bit the thinking, considerate people you are.

Training does so much but I'm sick of these armchair pundits claiming, with all the authority in the world and none of the experience, that it turns people into brain-dead, gung-ho, death junkies.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Mike_A]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Well my replies while initially about the OP, are also aimed at other videos I've seen and other stories and experiences I've read.

I'm discussing the videos on this thread. Again the Only real abuse is some kids getting beat up after the video edit job that doesn't really show the cause of the incident. [Funny That] The rest of the videos are obviously misleading in their titles. I'll bet that many who have replied have not bothered to view them.

This is just simply yet another "Bash America/Bash the troops] thread. Just like the other Bogus thread about how 8 Children were killed in Afghanistan when it fact the story is from a Blog with no collaborating evidence just Hearsay and Opinions.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

This is just simply yet another "Bash America/Bash the troops] thread. Just like the other Bogus thread about how 8 Children were killed in Afghanistan when it fact the story is from a Blog with no collaborating evidence just Hearsay and Opinions.

Well I'll ask for a second time... where have i mentioned America or American troops in the thread?

If you have an issue with someone slagging off the American troops then i suggest you take it up with them, as it is, I have said nothing about either the US or US troops.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sorry but I am not going to be watching any of those vids.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by Damian-007

Sex Offenders have to be registered. Does the Military do any of that with their known Sex Offending Soldiers?? Does Law Enforcement get informed of the History of some of these Soldiers? I bet they don't.

You bet they don't. So you don't actually know nor have you bothered to find out but nevertheless you're going to make an alarmist rant about rapist and child killers being churned out of the armed forces and moving in next door to ATS members? You have absolutely no authoritative information but you reckon something so that's good enough. Brilliant.

www.youtube.com...
v=E10Bp_mPXXA&feature=PlayList&p=52AA329A8253701B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9

You're an idiot..

Did you actually read what I wrote? If you had of opened your eyes or could read,YOU WOULD NOTICE QUESTION MARKS. Do you know what question marks are? I bet you don't.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join