It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videos of soldiers abusing Iraqi children and Animals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The state doesn't want citizens in uniform, it wants killing machines. All natural barriers which keep soldiers from mistreating their fellow humans are battered down. It starts with propaganda. The “enemy” is dehumanized, until he becomes merely subhuman. Violence against the enemy becomes reasonable. This believe is reinforced during recruit training. Recruits are drilled to always follow orders.

These brainwashed young men and women are then put into a war zone. The constant fear of death and everyday violence often brings their worst traits to the surface. In prior wars, violence could be directed against the enemy. But against whom is violence directed, if there is no clear enemy who can be engaged on the battlefield? Violence against innocent civilians and fellow soldiers is the consequence. Statistics are difficult to find for this kind of violence, but approximately more than one quarter of female US veterans report sexual harassment and rape from fellow soldiers. Since they are constantly together, there may arise more opportunities for rapists to target military personal. But since female soldiers are comrades, they will be probably treated more humanely.

The scope of the problem was brought into acute focus for me during a visit to the West Los Angeles VA Healthcare Center, where I met with female veterans and their doctors. My jaw dropped when the doctors told me that 41% of female veterans seen at the clinic say they were victims of sexual assault while in the military, and 29% report being raped during their military service. They spoke of their continued terror, feelings of helplessness and the downward spirals many of their lives have since taken.

www.latimes.com...

You will never see statistics about the suffering civilians. Apart from the brutish Youtube bragger, you will probably find few criminals who have documented their crimes. Neither the U.S. military, nor the Iraqi government tries to provide statistics. So I bet, these are no isolated incidents.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

This absolutely makes my heart sink and feel as if there is no hope for us as a species.

I am not someone who is usually affected by this stuff, but maybe it's because I'm getting older (30) but If even 5 of our soldiers have this mentality what can we win? Nothing!

I understand they are essentially alone there with no loving companionship, but good god hold on to some sense of decency and morals. At the very least stop video taping yourselves doing this stuff.

We may not be cutting off peoples heads (that we know of) but this is a prime example of why you should be at least 25 years old to join the military, the immaturity and impressionable nature of these young men is why this hap[pens in my opinion.

Anyway bring on the critiques and attacks for my post.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
S&F.....

I have not read any of the other posts yet...(but will)....I noticed that youtube has taken a lot of the 'soldier abuse' videos off......

I tried to find the one where the 'soldier throws the puppy off the cliff'.....(couldn't find it)

I tried to find the clip of 'soldiers randomly shooting Iraqi civilians while driving'....(couldn't find it)

I tried to find the one where they were 'shooting dogs on the street'...(couldn't find it)

Youtube is doing a good job of covering up the atrocities of these insane nutjob soldiers who have lost their souls.........

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have to say those videos are terrible. I personally do not support ANY of the troops anywhere in the world, anyone in a combat uniform is a sheep in my opinion. TPTB don't care about anyone but themselves, I think thats a clear point backed up by the fact that TPTB members have nearly all dodged drafts.

How anyone can kill another human being is beyond me, how anyone can kill a an animal is just totally beyond me, how anyone can rape,murder,beat a child is just so wrong and sick.

When a story comes on the news and it tells of a soldiers death, I feel sorry for the family not the soldier. I know many soldiers in my area and they are all the same, gun ho, lads giving it all the big I am because they have served time in another country whilst TPTB run their pipeline and make even more money. The scary thing is these soldiers don't even know?

Every time I hear the old cliche 'they are fighting for our freedom' Bull# they are fighting to gain control of certain areas so that TPTB can stay on top by having their own oil stake and of course theres a huge drug source in these countries aswell.

The truth is these 'terrorists' are trying to protect their country. These terrorist were trained by the US and GB when they were trying to get the Russians out, these innocent people become terrorists when everything they know has been taken away from them, by the people they trust. These terrorists are fighting to survive.

Nowadays everyone is a terrorist. Shame on the armed forces.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

This is true for a small amount of the population. The rest of us cannot be brain washed. I'm afraid I've slaughtered millions of zombies, Germans, Japanese, Iraqis, and things I don't care what their name was, but it has had zero affect on my morality. I give great value on life, am pro life, etc etc. So maybe it works on that small group, but normal people like me are unaffected by some loud mouth sergeant.

The simple fact is that brainwashing is not possible for most people.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
One point that nobody has hit on yet in this thread is that soldiers go through an unreal amount of stress during these deployments. 90% of what these soldiers face everyday the average citizen can't even comprehend.

Does this justify the actions of the individuals in these videos? No. It's not acceptable and even under these extreme conditions and the military will hold these soldiers accountable for their actions.

Some of you go to sleep at night listening to background sounds of nature, a waterfall or something else soothing. These soldiers fall asleep at night to the background sounds of gunshots and explosions. After months of being in a combat situation everybody changes. Not everybody changes in the same way; it all depends on how the person copes with the environment.

Tragically, some of the soldiers tend to develop a more violent mentality. This mentality actually helps soldiers survive on the battlefield. It's almost like an adrenaline rush (not the kind civilians seek out when snowboarding or at the theme park, I don't want you guys to get confused), the kind you get when you get into an accident or some other type of life threatening situation. Fortunately, this wears off over a period of time when the soldier is adapting back to "normal" society.

It's sad but it happens.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Brainwashed, conditioned, learning; it's all in the same category and it effects everyone. You choose where you get your information (unless you are forcefully brainwashed, but that's not the way the word is commonly used here). The thought that you cannot be affected by it is only a sign that you are.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
90% of what these soldiers face everyday the average citizen can't even comprehend.

These soldiers fall asleep at night to the background sounds of gunshots and explosions. After months of being in a combat situation everybody changes.

This mentality actually helps soldiers survive on the battlefield. It's almost like an adrenaline rush (not the kind civilians seek out when snowboarding or at the theme park,

Surely these reasons should be enough to leave the army? surely these reasons should be enough to WAKE the individual up and realise that he/she is just a pawn, to be used amd exploited in order to protect TPTB interests.

To say that this mentality helps soldiers survive is just plain crazy, they should not have to have a mentality, they should think for themselves and be given ALL the information and facts before risking their lives on the line for an AGENDA.

Soldiers and anyone in the armed forces lose their real self, they forget to think for themselves they follow whatever order they are given, they become nothing but numbers and counters in a deadly game.

It's sad but it happens.

Its sad when it happens

[edit on 10-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
honestly people who are in the army enjoy something that many people dislike. and that's killing. yes I hate to say it. These people have had guns all their life. I saw the hand gernade and I must say. The kid was smiling. He wasn't crying and it was an obvious JOKE. I don't take it to be a problem. Honestly. Americans are as bloody ruthless as the empire of Rome. and as Rome like soliders there will be brutality amongst those in the ranks. I honestly do believe that they are doing a lot of negative, but what about the ones that don't? we don't hear anything about that? *solider doesn't smash puppie" lol. So you see.. Why would I cry about the boy and the gernade. Everyone laughed and smiled. He knew it was a joke. The kid obviously thought the united states was cool enough to go up to the convoy or hummer or whatever the truck was.

A buddy of mine put his dog down before he went back to the army only to hear that it was canceled a week after he put the dog down. The dog was one years old.

They are trained killing machines and death is nothing compare to us civilians.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
No Bloody wonder that people are hating Americans and thier Soldiers.

I know not all American soldiers are Liars, Rapists, Cruel and Inhumane, but, a lot of them are. The reason being is that War changes people. Still, that's no damn excuse for Cruel and Inhumane behaviour. You can say that the Military should get rid of the Rotten Soldiers but, if they did, then the Military would lose a lot of their recruits.

Why do we have to put up with this? Is there anything we can do? No, there's nothing anyone can do. You rock the Boat and you're liable to lose your own life. What makes a person so depraved they start Torturing and killing smal animals and rape and abuse Children? How can they treat LIFE with so little compassion? How would these A-Hole Soldiers feel if it was thier Childrens Pets being Abused like that? How would they feel if it were their Children and Wives getting Raped, Abused, Totured and then Killed?

You have to remember that these same Murdering, Torturing, Abusive Soldiers soon come home and become your Neighbours, Business Owners, Teachers, Husbands, Wives, Mothers and Fathers. How would you like one of them living next door to you? How would you like one of them teaching your Child? Thing is, You would never know what they did while on Duty.

Sex Offenders have to be registered. Does the Military do any of that with their known Sex Offending Soldiers?? Does Law Enforcement get informed of the History of some of these Soldiers? I bet they don't.

These Murdering, Sex Offending, Cruel Soldiers come back home and settle back into the Community as if they never did anything wrong. This should worry a lot of people. I wonder, Does it? It should. More and More of them are coming home after doing unimaginable thing while on Duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'm sorry but when I see the Military, The people who are suppose to protect " Us Citizens ", Do these things, and do these Horrible things to Innocent Animals and People, I now know we have no hope and are all doomed.

Thank God there are people with Video Cameras that Film some of this Rotten, Horrible Stuff for us to see. If they didn't, we would all be under the Illusion that the Military isn't as cruel as it is. Mainstream News wouldn't publish most of this truth we need to see.

Look, There are a lot of Good People in the Military, I know, but unfortunately it's the Bad Apples that overshadow them

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

No, I was right the first time; it's sad but it happens.

Your looking at things all wrong, soldiers don't loose themselves. They are exposed to more of the world and they have different experiences which gives them a different perspective on the world.

More on why soldiers would stay in the Army on my next post.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

To yourself, Drunkenshrew and anyone else who this applies to;

Have you ever served or otherwise gone through any military training? If not don't talk rubbish about what you think soldiers are trained to do or how soldiers think or act; you honestly haven't a clue.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Mike_A]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

One can also call it indoctrination or propaganda. I have called it brainwashing. It are not the brutal brainwashing techniques used in Monarch and MKULTRA, but it is brainwashing nonetheless. These techniques are designed to alter the way we perceive and think and interact with our surroundings, and they work. It affects by far the majority of the population. My personal observation is, that there are only few ways to resist. Only if you have knowledge that indoctrination is going on, it is easy to counter it.

Knowledge comes from either having directly experienced events which contradict the indoctrination attempt or an active search for truth. Experience often comes when you age. So young men and women with their limited experiences are the easiest targets. Teenagers have fallen to government propaganda in Hitler's Germany, Mao's China, Stalin's Soviet Union and they also fall for the government propaganda in the USA. After they have been damaged by their service, many veterans realize, that they have been lied to. But then it is too late.

Another way to resist indoctrination is by actively searching for the truth. Young men and women are like the rest of the population. They are listening to celebrity gossip, play computer games watch TV or do what young people always have done. Most aren't really interested in geopolitics and history. They also seldom talk to broken veteran living on the street.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
Hey, I apologize if this has been posted before, I checked but couldn't really find it.

Soldier admits gangrape and selling of 15yr old

This is all disgusting and yet we still call them heroes! I couldn't even watch some of these it is just plain sick and these guys are jumping around and laughing like it no big deal!

Did you even watch the videos you posted?

The only one that actually shows anything that disgusts me is that rape one of the 15 year old girl who later committed suicide. The other videos are harmless and stupid. IMO. The guy who admitted to Rape should be skinned shot then hanged.

I'm sorry I'm willing to bet that many who have posted their "Views" about the videos and "Anti-Soldier" or "Anti US" views obviously didn't bother watching the videos. If they had they'd see just how stupid this thread really is.

Pure and simple.

Good day gentlemen.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Sex Offenders have to be registered. Does the Military do any of that with their known Sex Offending Soldiers?? Does Law Enforcement get informed of the History of some of these Soldiers? I bet they don't.

You bet they don't. So you don't actually know nor have you bothered to find out but nevertheless you're going to make an alarmist rant about rapist and child killers being churned out of the armed forces and moving in next door to ATS members? You have absolutely no authoritative information but you reckon something so that's good enough. Brilliant.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This kind of stuff pisses me off, the hand grenade was a joke im sure the kid aint going to be pissing the bed every night over the horror he saw that day, the British troops had just lost comrades and been subjected to missile throwing all morning there only human and a puppy being screamed at Jesus Christ if it was scared it would of darted of at the start, the rest were bad though.

It's ok sitting in your cosy little houses jerking of while your wife’s at salsa class and making inappropriate comments to the majority of good soldiers who are losing there friends, life’s, limbs and freedom for you, the current wars are wrong but these people are just taking orders, when the day comes and these people are actually used to protect you are the pacifists still going to be there whining about having a military, im not sure the British people had many negative things to say about there troops when the Nazi’s were bombing the s**t out of every major English city.

What’s with these posts attacking soldiers, it's the rich old elitists sending these young working class men to there death that need bashing.

It's only the army and police who are tarred on a whole when the bad apples do what they do, I hear terrible things about what some doctors have got up to while on duty but I don't see many people condemning medicine.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
IF these soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen abused animals OUTSIDE the military then it follows they will do it IN the military as well.

These service members were opening fire on a dog and they WILL be dealt with, they discharged those weapons irresponsible and abusively.

Some of the things like scaring the puppy and the hand grenade joke are probably just that, a joke, the video only shows so much of what the service members do, for all we know they took the puppy to the barracks and fed it but were just teasing it for laughs.

Don't think this is most soldiers/marines/etc that behave this way, it's a relatively small group of disturbed individuals, combat brings the worst out of us.

I am in no way condoning the actions but don't lump us all in one group of bad guys, I am EVERYTHING but a bad guy and i'm a soldier too.

WE DO do good things overseas, that soccer ball that kid had was probably handed to them by the same soldiers! along with candy, MRE's and what have you.

We are not all monsters.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The titles you use to describe these videos are lies. Find out the facts before jumping to conclusions about what's really going on.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This is actually no big suprize. I seen animal abuse happen in my previous deployments and some kids were shot for snitching our position away to the enemy, its mainly for self defense purposes only but still its very wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

The reasons you can not find these videos is that they have been shown to be fakes.

That is why they were taken off of utube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join