It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash in 6 - 9 months - Projection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hi, it as my belief as put forward in the following video that the economic crash will happen next time the oil price spikes.

The basic idea is that as global demand for oil becomes higher than oil production (we have passed peak oil production), the price goes through the roof, the weaker developing economies cannot afford the oil so there is a local economic crash and the demand for oil suddenly drops. The oil price goes down and the rest of the world economy slowly recovers and starts using more oil until it again reaches the point where demand out weighs supply and prices spike again causing another crash in the places that cannot afford the oil. Thats why the oil price chart is 'bumpy'. The idea is though that next time it spikes the whole world will crash.

www.videoweed.com...

A simple projection of the following oil price graph suggests the economy will crash in 6 - 10 months.

www.thisismoney.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, Reinhardt's fave group is gonna meet Sept, 9-20. The 21st of that month is the date to watch.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Which of the occult based societies are you referring to?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've long blamed the current economic problems, at least here in the US, on the exhorbitant fuel prices of '07 - '08.

In my simple mind, it's easy. When everyone's disposable income is being poured into their fuel tanks, they stop buying "stuff". When they stop buying "stuff", the economy suffers. The only people who benefitted were the oil barons. When money is only being exchanged between the consumer and one industry...collapse.

Then again, as I said, my mind is a simple one.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

---What do we have in common with the recovery of the first depression and our recovery [in vein] from this depression---nothing!!!! We have lots more people--then we had oil reserves--now imports---we had mining--now all gone--we had fertile farms then---now polluted soil and water---then no global warming---now we have weather problems up the ying yang--i could go on and on but ya get the pictuer---all the things needed for a recovery that we had in the 30's --WE DONT HAVE NOW---think about that

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

lol makes me think of my uni days (engineer) I used to sit in finance lectures thinking, what going on? this can't work? it just seems like the entire economy is rigged? I used to say to myself. It never made sense to me. I was predicting the housing crash for years round here and couldn't understand why prices just kept going up and up. Now It all makes sense, It is rigged lol. It's like that poker site where the owners were just sat there playing the high stakes tables knowing what cards everyone else was holding.

Everything is simple when you can think from outside the box.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Being an occult researcher I was waiting to see which symbol popped up as the web page loaded. I have to admit my jaw dropped when i saw the home page.

www.legatus.org...

died on the cross.. died on the cross.. sorry thinking out aloud

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One wonders if will they drop the fuel price to combat the downturn? You know the pusher gives samples to keep the client hooked.

Here is a figure to sum up the true numbers.

Counting the people who have given up looking for work and the part-time workers who would rather be working full time, the so-called underemployment rate edged up to 17.3 percent in December.

The number of unemployed has hit 15.3 million, up from 7.7 million when the recession started in late 2007. The recession has wiped out 7.2 million jobs. And the number of people jobless for at least six months hit a record 6.1 million.
SP Times

Just ponder this one figure. If the US could add 500,000 jobs every month, we would be back to 2007 levels of employment right around March 2011.

The spinning of the news is to keep society together and slowly ease the bad news to us, so as to avoid an all out world wide riot. All other debate and news falls in the shadow of this looming problem. But spin and ignore are the tactics. The negative feedback loop is unstoppable and will last many years to come. (yes, I know I am not supposed to say anything negative about the economy even if it is true.)

And BTW many employers are banking in more profits than ever because of the fear instilled in the employees. They are squeezing out more work for less money.

edit SP

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Absum!]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Maybe not... Remember few months ago, here on ATS, tons of oil was found being secretly pumped right under los angeles? Then thiers all the oil over in Iraq, but the Iraqi's denied any american oil company from purchasing

I think, why was the oil unde LA being pumped secretly? Seems to me, its to help stabilize oil inflation.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

You may be right, I think they would rather have it happen slowly than a crash. They don't like things out of their control.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I think, why was the oil unde LA being pumped secretly? Seems to me, its to help stabilize oil inflation.

Or they simply don't want to pay taxes?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

Hi, it's better if you don't type their name or provide a direct link. It seems they've noticed that some people are onto them. The last major crash was in February of last year. After that it was only a few point drop here and there, less than 50 or so.

I just call them Reinhartd's favorite group.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well if the economy does tank again which I already believed we would have a W or more like a vL kind of recession where we will dip pretty bad in the beginning because of ___ reasons then we would recover slowly and then for about 2 - 3 months have a serious boom in our economy then take a hard fall back down to worse than before and not recover in the near future i.e. 5> years. But I believe that the next huge plummet will not bring the whole world down but mostly countries which are in alot of debt, while countries with exports such as natural gas, oil, and machinery will rise while services will also take a beating in the western world. I believe this is when the dollar will take its final beatings and the Euro will also get hit with some pretty bad stuff but then recover when most of the world begins to talk of a dual world reserve currencies which might include the Euro alongside the Dollar. But like I said the countries I forsee getting hit the worst will be ones with alot of debt, a bad import-export balance, and ones that rely on services.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n
reply to post by WTFover

lol makes me think of my uni days (engineer) I used to sit in finance lectures thinking, what going on? this can't work? it just seems like the entire economy is rigged? I used to say to myself. It never made sense to me. I was predicting the housing crash for years round here and couldn't understand why prices just kept going up and up. Now It all makes sense, It is rigged lol. It's like that poker site where the owners were just sat there playing the high stakes tables knowing what cards everyone else was holding.

Everything is simple when you can think from outside the box.

Ha, sounds like when I was a mechanical engineer and tried to explain to our LEAN co-ordinator why rolling warehouses don't work well in the real world - she looked at me like I grew a second head.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, for what its worth, well-known peak oil theorist James Kunstler makes pretty much the same claim for the same reason as the OP this week in his column. This week's piece is called "Six months to live" (referring to the economy rather than life itself):

kunstler.com...

I take Kunstler with a grain of salt. He's nortious for setting projected dates for various catastrophes and getting them wrong. However, he's a fun read from time to time and a glib writer, although he tends to repeat himself if you read his columns long enough. Nevertheless, his general glooomy outlook of course resonates with me and probably others here.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Guys seriously, how long is it going to take for people to wake up and realize NOTHING IS GOING TO COLLAPSE. It was all meant to collapse last year in September, October... oh wait no it will definitely collapse in December!

Not going to happen. Its a whole lot of delusion

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Guys seriously, how long is it going to take for people to wake up and realize NOTHING IS GOING TO COLLAPSE. It was all meant to collapse last year in September, October... oh wait no it will definitely collapse in December!

You better tell the people to start spending soon. If I remember correctly consumer spending accounts for 70% of the economy.

For the year, sales fell 6.2 percent, the biggest decline on government records that go back to 1992.
The only other year that annual sales fell was in 2008, when they slipped by 0.5 percent. (today)

OK, that is 12 times worse that our worst year on record.

They are lying to the people to keep us in the dark and keep consuming. But people are waking up and realizing that their message does not match the reality.

If we don't spend, and find jobs, there will certainly be a collapse.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Let's see...one in four American children on foodstamps and zero real gains in the broad market in ten years despite understated inflation, more national debt than ever, and increasing, while foreigners edge away from US bonds, housing falling nationally for the first time since the Great Depression, and many more such dire tidbits...hmm.

I believe you are correct. It's not "going to happen." Rather, it's "been in the process of happening" for some time.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n
Hi, it as my belief as put forward in the following video that the economic crash will happen next time the oil price spikes.

The basic idea is that as global demand for oil becomes higher than oil production (we have passed peak oil production), the price goes through the roof, the weaker developing economies cannot afford the oil so there is a local economic crash and the demand for oil suddenly drops. The oil price goes down and the rest of the world economy slowly recovers and starts using more oil until it again reaches the point where demand out weighs supply and prices spike again causing another crash in the places that cannot afford the oil. Thats why the oil price chart is 'bumpy'. The idea is though that next time it spikes the whole world will crash.

www.videoweed.com...

A simple projection of the following oil price graph suggests the economy will crash in 6 - 10 months.

www.thisismoney.co.uk...

I have lived through a few recessions and there is this thing that happens...
...the pendulum swings from optimism to pessimism...
...but not quite how you might think.

When the economy has been going up and begins to plateau in prep for a fall...
...the optimists are loudest with encouragments that it will continue to go up.

When the economy goes down and finds a base and begins to build again...
...the pessimists are loudest with prophecies of further doom.

Doom sayers are loudest at the moment so we are beginning to bulid again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join