It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I remove ATS from twitter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was wondering if I could block ATS from twitter. I can give back the 5,000 twitter points that I got from it (if management would allow). But really, I created the twitter account for the points but I didn't realize that later on that I would want to actually use my twitter account. I just want more space on my twitter account so it's not taken up by a bunch of conspiracy posts, so, I can post my own things on there. I was wondering if this was okay with ATS... can I do this... should I be worried? Am I worrying to much? There isn't some sort of agreement where I agree to never let it off my twitter page is there? I just thought I'd ask. Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why not have a personal Twitter account and an ATS account. Problem solved

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Next to every tweet you have a little drop down menu ... click "unfollow."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I suppose I could do that. I just was hoping to use my ATS one as the account since it had more followers.

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Right, but, I wanted to ask first so I would know what's allowable or not allowable.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Its fully up to you to keep us on yours or not
Its your account!

There is a new thing on twitter called "lists" where you can keep your friends and other stuff separate? that may be an idea... I do it with news stuff so that i dont get all mixed up.

But again at the end of the day its you call, We wont hold it against you

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I actually follow ATS on Twitter but got no points for it.

Sent a U2U and everything!

You guys do post a hell of a lot but it doesn't bother me that much coz you don't post as much as some of the people I'm following. I have one who watches Eastenders and posts a commentary at the same time.

That is annoying!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I don't think that you actually had to follow ATS to get the points. I understood it being that all you had to do was create a Twitter account.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

No, I think you have to follow ATS.

Or else that's nothing to do with ATS

Just promoting Twitter, which seems odd.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

That's incorrect. You don't get the points unless you follow ATS.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

You have >5,000 points, it appears you did the points.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Yeah one of the mods gave me them last night after I posted that and U2U'd me to say. And I thanked whoever it was. I forget the name now.
I would've removed the post, but I can't.
I shudda mentioned on here that I had got them, but I just didn't think to.

Anyway I have them now.

Edit: It was Asala

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
For those unsure on the ATS and Twitter thing please see the following information,

To get your points you need to
1, FOLLOW ATS
2, u2u me with your twitter name, I will then look for you and add you to the ATS Twitter feed,
3, we then hand out your points,

Its a great way to stay informed and keep updated with the latest threads on ATS,

The AboveTopSecret.com Experiment With Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com On Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com and our Twitter Friends

As you can see, we've developed a method to automatically feed Twitter new topics that quickly generate several replies. We've been at it for a couple days as part of our initial test.

And as you can also see, a few astute ATS members have noticed our Tweets (that's what a Twitter update is called) and have decided to follow our updates, and we're following them. The resulting with-friends page is an aggregate list of everyone's tweets.

Hrm... now that is where ATS can take this concept and push it someplace truly different.

The AboveTopSecret.com Firehose Of Consciousness on Twitter

Imagine, if you will, an AboveTopSecret.com & Friends Twitter page with dozens, or even hundreds of ATS members providing one or two tweets a day, along with the regular hot new topics. This becomes especially valuable if your contributions are meaningful and not the typical "waiting for pizza dude" type tweets that seem to be prevalent. We'd end up with a running relevant commentary of what's important to us for all the world to see. A firehose of what we think, as we're thinking it.

Starting The Experiment

To encourage our members to join and participate with relevant tweets, just do one of the following:

1) Already On Twitter? Follow our page, then U2U me with your Twitter username.

2) Join Twitter With Your ATS Username then follow our page

3) If your ATS Username is taken on Twitter use a different name to join Twitter, follow us, then U2U me your username

We'll award ATS members that follow our page with 5,000 ATS points. (Not to worry, membership in Twitter requires a minimum of information.)

If all goes well, the ATS & Friends page will be a stunning stream of consciousness on a fast-rising social network.

DISCLAIMER
There is no relationship between Twitter and The Above Network, LLC. This idea is purely born out of us noticing the potential that exists with integrating such a service. If any relationship between us and Twitter were to develop because of this initiative, we'll be sure to provide full disclosure.

ATS and twitter thread

top topics

join