It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio? Who do we turn our lonely eyes to now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Americans have always had heroes. People they have looked up to either during their childhoods or their adult lives. We have always needed a "measuring stick" to guide us in our daily endeavors, whether it be for a financial or domestic decision.

The one hero mankind seems to always forget about though is God! Yes I know there are many who will berrate me for bringing him into this, for they say that religion has no place in debate on issues that are at hand now. But the thing that the naysayers always seem to quickly forget is that God is not a religion! Man created religion, not God.

Down through the ages, man has utilized many men and women to accomplish great feats! From controlling masses of humanity to controlling their foes who rule and reigned other nations! King David, who was one of God's own favorites used his influence to have the Queen of Sheba's husband killed so that he could have her as his own!

Now, turning our attention towards more modern eras, we here in the usa have always prided ourselves as having the best of everything! The best leaders, sports figures, the best jobs, clothes, jewelry, military, the most freedom, and last but not least, the entertainment capitol of the world!

Our kids have grown up wanting to be the next John Elway, or the next Tiger Woods, or probably the next great president of this wonderful nation! Then something very, very bad happened to america, and that something was "Decline"!

A deline in morals, which has led to a decline of our social networking, and a decline in our economy, military, schools, churches, and even our entertainment industry to include all professional and some collegiate sports!

Americans try to rationalize everything and find somebody else to blame all of this on, but the only ones we have to blame it on is ourselves! We let it all happen! We allowed the powers that are now operating in the usa to grow their business here and take our nation one piece at a time!

What's happening right now is not just happening in the usa, it's happening "globally"! But the whole world is watching and waiting for the mightiest country on earth to fight back, and we are as americans letting down the entire world by remaining docile.

Our beacon of hope is nothing more than a burnt out flashlight as of this moment, and this is why nobody wants anything to do with us at all! Our european neighbors turned their backs on us long ago, and our strings that keep us attatched to canada and mexico are but mere spiderweb threads now.

How did this happen you may ask? It happened because we all stopped wanting to do any work for ourselves! We allowed the gov't to let our banks become internationally controlled and funded. We allowed our gov't to fight illegal wars and not hold them accountable for any repercussions. We allowed our gov't to circumvent our way of life into a total welfare state, thus rendering us all soft and basically impotent industrially, and we allowed our gov't to give it'self too much power which makes it not afraid of us, the american citizen!

Now, there are no heroes left within which to look up to! Our gov't leaders are all up to their necks in some sort of scandal, just like our sporting heroes, and even our own clergymen for the most part have lost all of their morals with all their scandulous sexcapades! From Jimmy Swaggert to Jim Baker, and all the way down to the hierarchy of the Catholic Priests, somebody is guilty of a scandal!

You can't turn on the tv anymore without hearing something about the new world order nowadays, and yet, not a single american is even acting like they are willing to do anything about it? The only ones I see as of this moment are folks like Jesse Ventura, Alex Jones, Jim Tucker, and a few more of the alleged "conspiracy" theorists!

It's not much of a conspiracy when it's shown to be factual now is it? Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio? When will the american people finally step up to the plate and turn their lonely eyes to you, and do what they know they gotta do?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I now people are reading this thread, so why are ya'll afraid to reply? Did I hit the nail on the head with the truth too much for yuns or what? Are you people so afraid that you are running from your own shadows now?

I learned one thing long ago and it was that when a person gets close to the truth, people run like rats in a sewer from that big ole alligator! What are you people scared of? Or is it that you're ashamed of the fact that you know you are letting down your kids and grandkids?

You can't, with an honest face look your friends or family in the eyeball and say that you're doing everything possible to keep their futures in tact? When the concentration camps begin to fill up in a few years, each and every one of ya'll will remember the words that me and many others here at ATS spoke of when you that scoffed at us tried to say it wasn't so!

I am not trying to incite anything here, I am just attempting to get people to start taking responsibility for their actions, for when they do this, then they'll begin taking the necessary action that can and will halt this nwo in it's tracks!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
People dont want to believe that we are in the mess we are. I think alot of it is denial. We would rather watch our reality shows, drink beer and play around with our fancy Iphones, etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Maybe I don't feel superior to the world. What was it Martin Luther King said about America and God? "God has a way of standing before the nations in judgement, and it seems to me that I can hear God saying.. You are too arrogant. Change your ways or I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name" (Paraphrased more or less)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

As a non American I can only say that we are not turning our lonely eyes to you.

I grew up in Europe,and have always held America with great esteem. I have visited on a number of occasions and have found by and large the American people are kind, friendly and intelligent.

My view of America as an nation now sadly has changed, and personally I find that very sad. I know from talking to people, that the spark that made America great still exists, but all I see now is a very confused nation.

My great sadness of the past 10yrs was 9/11, and I cried for you.
My sadness became despair, when I watched the subsequent years unfold and I watched as millions of people died for what appeared to be politically motivated revenge.

I saw Americans cheer over shock and awe, bolstered by the self belief that they where invincible, and the best that the planet could offer. I know that these people where living out a delusion of grandeur reinforced by the MSM to stir up nationalistic pride, but in a way it bought out the worst in you.

Trust me I don't believe that this is the defining character of Americans, just the ugly side, which all nations at times are guilty of.

I personally have never looked on America as our leaders, but as our close friends. We have never turned our back on America, just your leadership.

So here's to you God Bless America, Jesus and the rest of the world love you more than you could know.

It's time for the pendulum to swing back into equilibrium and be the best you can be, but to do that, first, you need to lose the self delusions of grandeur.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Heroes? I fear many have been too dumbed down for heroes. Who do people look to now for guidance,inspiration, motivation, and defiance in the face of defeat?
I look to the likes of my grand parents in the depression, or Robert E Lee upon trying to resolve the conflict of following or fighting the very country he loved, maybe the 101st surrounded at Bastogne, the naive and cliched Davy Crockett at the Alamo, or the American Pioneer overcoming the elements, mountains, plains, indians, starvation, and the challenge of engineering a day to day life... or we could look to Brittany Spears. God save the Republic.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
As you must be aware, OP

Americans (and to a lesser extent those of other nations) are turning their hopes on 'extraterrestrial ALIENS' rather than the 'God' who has turned a deaf-ear, apparently, to their prayers that sanity be seen to return, at least in part, to the 'world'

And 'space aliens' are being pushed like some form of technological entertainment cum 'god' by paid-to-posts in this and a myriad fora across the globe

'Space aliens' are an unknown quantity. They exist in the mind of the hoper. They possess ALL the qualities once bestowed upon 'god' -- are humorous, are all-powerful, protective, just, kind, merciful and are believed to offer a 'world' far more entrancing (to the believer) than mere 'heaven'

Further, 'space aliens' are believed to be far more liberal than 'god'. They don't threaten hellfire or punishment. They don't preach. They do not demand that individuals be accountable, responsible for their actions.

Look around. Read the ENDLESS threads in ATS re: 'space aliens', going back at least five years. ATS is Alien Central -- it's notorious for it ! And all the spin-offs, such as 'Am I an Alien' or even 'I AM an Alien'. Or, 'What Will the Aliens DO when they Arrive ?

The belief now (and billions of dollars have been devoted to nurturing these beliefs in fora just like this) is that 'When the Aliens Arrive' ... everything will 'get good, be fixed'.

God, on the other hand, is a confusing, contradictory figure

And let's not forget that a certain group believed to be at the back of virtually every ill to befall the occupants of this planet themselves claim to be 'God's Favourites'

So what do we have, right there, in the minds of billions ? That's right. It's looking very much as if God *IS* favouring a certain group -- to the painful detriment of the rest

So WHO would be interested in such a god ? Who would be interested in following such a god ?

Who would even half-like ANY god which would sit by and see small children torn to pieces, starved, whipped, raped and left to suffer indescribably ?

A sane person would HATE such a 'god' --- with damn good reason !

Further, this 'god' claims to have created every single individual and to be in control of EVERY thing that happens

So that 'god' ... if it's to be believed ... is RESPONSIBLE for all the suffering to which the people on this earth have been subjected, going back to the beginning !

Is it any wonder that people are turning instead to 'space aliens', in the hope that these creatures (imaginary or otherwise) will at LEAST be more humane, more reasonable, LESS BIASED than the 'god' who's been implored and begged for mercy for thousands of years ?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
S&F just cause I got the song ref from the title - and its a true now as it was then.

You have a point - and a good one.

Even expand it beyond just the US - globably do we still have any heros?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There are no heroes in this world. None have superpowers or be invincible. We are all only ordinary mortals, of living flesh, capable of love and concern for ourselves and more importantly for others= our families, relatives, friends and yours.

Was Gandi a hero? No, he was not. The heroes were the ordinary masses who believed him. Instead of violence, the masses used their own bodies courageously as shield and face the might of the well armed British Empire and won.

That heroism lies within you and everyone of us, in the face of deprediations by the NWO. The Corporations believed that a man with a full stomach will not rebel. It is true, but unfortunately, the only ones with a full stomach were themselves and their kind, not the hungry and confused masses.

For years, they had grown rich and been too well fed. Even though they knew mankind is a cause for pollution, they had gotten Environmentalists co-opting with them by lying about global warming, attributing climate change to CO2 and profiting from the industry grown around it.

Environmentalist got their share - saving the environment-trees, whales, etc, the Corporations their due, and the taxpayers footing the bill, a never ending flow of bills to be paid.

They had remove trade barriers, allow money to easily flow with no borders, set up factories around the world using cheap labour, greatly profiting themselves but NOT THE MASSES. Natural resources went unprotected and human capital kept servile. This is Globalization.

Without wars, their defense manufacturing will be bankrupt over night, This is what soldiers are bleeding and fighting for - to keep the corporate fat cats lush at niteclubs and exclusive clubs.

Credible witnesses, sightings and other govt disclosure over the UFO and their incredible technological advances issue since the 50s, yet not one word from the NWO. It took 3,800 years from the invention of the horse cart to bicycle, and yet it took only 30 years from an IBM mainframe computer to downsize to a palmtop. What technology had the NWO/Corporations, whom stand to gain the most from secrecy, are hiding? And what had they unconstitutionally done to maintain such secrecy?

What other self-interest policies will they continue to foist upon mankind if they continue to go unchecked? Depopulation through wars and genocide? Further curtailing of enshrined freedoms with more HSA tightening?

When the masses start to realized that even the potato they are eating to fill their stomachs will end soon, heroism will come naturally from each one, and may it be one of non-violence. Human lives are precious and we must not stoop to their level for 'change' to happen.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

I think I understand what you're saying, and I'm not going to berate you for bringing up "God." To me, "God" is a universal term which refers to the entity that an individual believes to be the Creator.

My only problem with the post is your use of the term "hero." "Hero" is a relative term, just ask Joe DiMaggio (who I do realize is no longer with us). When DiMaggio first heard the song "Mrs. Robinson," he got offended at the "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio...?" lyric. Somebody had to explain to him that it was, in fact, a tribute. DiMaggio never saw himself as a hero, and he didn't understand why anyone else would. He did what he had to do and he did it as best as he could. He didn't find anything heroic in that.

But by writing that lyric, what Paul Simon was trying to say was that IT WAS heroic, because not everybody does that. Not everybody does what they need to do; not everybody accepts the responsibilities that may be thrusted upon them. And some that do, whine and cry about it. DiMaggio didn't. DiMaggio got up in the morning, did what needed to be done, went to sleep, and did it again the next day. And he did it well, and he never complained.

DiMaggio's idea of a hero was obviously much different than Paul Simon's.

My hero is my mother. She raised two boys all by herself and never complained once. She just did it. I'm not entirely sure that I'd be able to do the same thing.

There are still heroes. You're just not looking in the right direction...with all due respect.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

There are no heroes in this world.

I used that Simon & Garfunkel lyric as a metaphor. Joe Dimaggio never considered himself a hero of any kind, and yet, just like one poster here said, he got up every day, done what he had to do, and went home, and got up the next day and done it all over again!

If ya noticed, the title of this thread does not have the word "hero" in it? While I used the word "hero" in the body of the initial thread post, I used it in a manner of attempting to show all of us that "we" are going to have to be our own heroes if we're gonna save our nation and planet!

Like a couple of you posters said, your mother, or uncle was your hero cause of how hard they worked and never complained? That's exactly my message here! How many of you are willing to do whatever it takes to make this nation (USA) a better place for your kids and grandkids?

That is my real message of this thread! But how can we say that we done all we could do when we allowed our country to slip into mediocroty and let our gov't hand us over to a foreign entity and rule over us under the guise of freedom?

A foreign entity owns and controls our monetary system (federal reserve), a foreign entity controls our stock markets (WTO), a foreign entity owns and controls our military (The UN), and last but not least, foreigners are buying up our highways and toll roads because we can no longer afford to keep them up!

Saudia Arabia has over 6 trillion invested in wallstreet, and if they ever pull out, our economy is tanked within 30 minutes! That was shown right on Michael Moore's movie "Farenheit 911". Now, Jess Ventura has shown who is yanking our strings in our own gov't on his new tv show "Conspiracy Theory", and I am yet to see any american other than myself get real angry about this fact!

Great Britian herself lost her sovereignty about a month ago via the "Lisbon Treaty", and I am yet to hear any brits react to this atrocity! My point about heroes is the fact that we can't wait for somebody to surface to save us. It's going to have to be up to ourselves with God's guidance to do anything about this.

The leaders of tomorrow are our children and grandchildren, but the leaders of today are going to have to be us, as a collective group, laying pride and fear aside for the greater and common good of this nation and world!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

When the masses start to realized that even the potato they are eating to fill their stomachs will end soon,
This is why the one entity of the nwo (The Bilderbergs) want global population control. (Depopulation) As long as there are the number of citizens globally, we have them at bay, but when they get the "culling" process started full force, then we have a serious problem.

Just go and google "Bilderbergs Depopulation Agenda", and start reading. They don't even hide it anymore! This is why they want everybody globally microchipped by 2017.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

If you go and read your bible, you'll see that God cursed man with that thing after adam and eve sinned in the garden of eden called "free will"? God and the bible have been the only 2 things that have withstood the tests of both time and man. For even after more than 2000 years, Jesus and God are still the hottest topics of all time!

A couple of years ago, Jesus even made the cover of Time magazine as the person of the year! Not bad for a man killed over 2000 years ago eh? And suppose to be a myth by some too? If you look at Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, you'll see some of them have ufo's painted in them.

Could it be that ufo's existed even back then? I mean, how could ole Leonardo paint something he hadn't seen before? The bible shows the existence of ufo's and even ET's, and yet many still don't wanna accept this phenominal fact.

The funnier thing also is this. All major events down throughout the centuries have all been prophecyed in the bible! No other book ever put together can lay an honest claim to this factual feat! From the birth of christianity to the now global bunch called the new world order, it's all in the bible!

Mankind has spent unknown ammounts of time and money trying to disprove and discredit the bible, and so far, he has failed miserably!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Well, you'll never see this american jump up and down over "shock & awe"! I have never supported those phony wars in either Iraq nor Afghanistan!

Tell me though, I see you said you grew up in europe? Question for ya. How ya liking things since the UK handed over her sovereignty about a month ago via the Lisbon Treaty? Are the brits and others ready for total vatican control? Get ready, cause that's coming!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

I no longer live in Europe although I was born and raised in England. The Lisbon treaty was forced on the British people by an unelected prime minister.

Although Brussels has been calling the tune for a long time in the UK, I don't think the Brits like it one bit. The government reneged on a referendum because they knew it would never get passed.

The Brits are a tough but stoic lot and very tolerant to a point. Cross that line and I don't care to think what may happen. I just hope that the British character hasn't been diluted through immigration to make them too compliant and complacent.

Time will tell.

new topics

top topics

join