It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only DOUBLE atomic bomb survivor dies...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The only person to survive both nuclear bombs at Nagasaki and Hiroshima died today at the ripe old age of 93. "My double radiation exposure is now an official government record. It can tell the younger generation the horrifying history of the atomic bombings even after I die," is a quote I pulled from the article. I can't even begin to imagine surviving the horror of one nuclear weapon let alone 2 and having to deal with the after effects as well as the devastation he must have been witness to. This man has earned his rest.

[Edit to fix link]

[edit on 1/6/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I dont know but apperently the effects were not to bad if he surived untill 93.....

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Physically maybe , but mentally and emoptionally I can't imagine having to live with something like that. Either way he is definatley lucky to have lived this long.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

This is true, I guess different people take events differenty.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Look, getting nuked twice in a few days must really suck and certainly makes for a dramatic experience, but please don't forget the victims and survivors of other terrible events that unfortunately took place, such as firestorm in Dresden, Tokyo and other places, wholesale killings in Eastern Europe by the Nazis etc. Radiation is a dangerous thing, but the sheer horror of other events needs to be recognized. I knew a person who was a small girl when St. Petersburg was besieged by the Nazis, and they had these trenches in the yard to shelter them during German air raids. She was tired one day and didn't go there when a raid began, but all her neighbors did. A bomb hit that trench, directly. When that girl walked out, guts were hanging on phone wires. And these were people she knew and spoke with 5 min. ago.

Just putting things in perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

And I appreciate that. I wasn't trying to elevate this story over any other survivors of horrendous events. Thank you for the account, it does put things in perspective. I was mearly remarking on the odds that the only 2 times a weapon like this was ever used and this man was on scene both times.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
all points of empathy and the horrors of existence aside,,,,, nuclear fallout makes this a bigger concern. as the total cost of life will be more.. if one take's into acount natural extrusions from such an event... as opposed to just one or few people (very unexhagurated) being killed, the natural flora fauna is also destroyed........ and that counts for alot more...

'hypothetically speaking' i can handle corpses everywhere i look......
they wil decompose..........

i can't handle seeing dead corpses plus a completely destroyed wildlife/eco-system from which life cannot spur......

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
More truer words couldn't have been spoken. I'm sure you have seen pictures of the devastation at both sites, (if not it is an easy Google) But have you witnessed the areas today? I have been to the areas, they thrive with both manmade and biological life. Now I am not downplaying the absolute destruction and corruption of the eco-system and life but as I have learned, Mother Nature is far more resilient than we give it credit for.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by djvexd]

new topics

top topics

join