It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will 2010 Bring ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Just listened to Whitley Strieber's Dreamland New Years Special ! Some interesting views from his guests, William Henry, ATS' Jim Marrs, Linda Moulton Howe, Marla Frees and Anne Strieber !

www.unknowncountry.com...

Discussions from Alien life finally being revealed, the Vatican actually taking the initiative and disclosing the existence of extraterrestrial life to what is happening to and on the sun ! The first half hour is an interesting 'listen' then Marla Frees who is a 'psychic medium' (which i do not believe in) is on so i fast forwarded, the last 20 minutes or so Whitley speaks with his wife on what 2010 may bring !

Some excellent points to be discussed in this, got me thinking anyhow !

[edit on 123131p://01America/Chicago06 by ProRipp]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

I think 2010 will bring more of the same:

Wars, starvation, torture, abuse of people and animals, wars, wars, and did I mention wars?

Abuse, suffering, abandonment, and everything we do year after year.

Because we never learn. And because we never learn, we can't climb out of the pit.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

WOW Ain't you full of the joy's of spring ? ha ha ha
Then again you could be wrong but i doubt it ! Apart from the war though i'm hoping something big happens either from far out in space or here on earth with the LHC ! Something WILL be discovered or UNcovered ?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
From the rock we're on I'd say 365 sunrises, 365 sunsets, 4 seasons and slight change in tilt and a bunch of monkeys finding the same old stuff to yammer on about.

C'mon that first sentence was huge!?!

Ok...3rd line.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What will probably happen?

Probably more of the same lies, coverup and blindness that seems to have plagued our mainstream media populace...

What I hope to happen?

Disclosure of the fact that we have been lied to our whole lives. Disclosure of the fact that there is "something" out there. Disclosure of the fact that there is a possibility that we could potentially be living off of fossil fuels.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

No, I am just facing facts.

Unfortunately, facts tend to point to the truth that humans are probably one of the least inspired creations. Or, I will rephrase this - we could be the greatest.

Give me animals and plants any day.

I don't know why, because humans have brain power bigger than any computer. And yet we don't use it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Check my answer in this thread here

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

G'day ProRipp

Eventually, 2010 will bring.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well spoken.

Change is going to have to be drastic I think, to shake us out of this miserable circle.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You know what gets me down, Steve?

We never learn.

Why is that, I wonder?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The year 2010 will bring with it some known-known's, some known-unknown's, and some unknown-unknowns. What is known to some degree of certainty is that 2010 will begin by bringing in the month of January, which will start with the first of January and end with the 31st, of January. Then 2010 will bring February which will lead to March and then to April, which will bring us May, after that there will be the month of June, followed by July and then there will be August. After August, September will come, followed by October which will lead us to November and 2010 will then near its end with the month of December, which will begin with the first of December and end will end on the 31st of December. Unless, of course, some unknown-unknown happens preventing 2010 from making this usual journey.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

We learn, my friend. It's just that we learn the wrong things. Violence, mistreatment, ego, selfishness, all things we absorb from day to day. We are bombarded with it (especially kids) and it becomes normal.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I really feel like it could be a turning point as people are just fed up with the bull and lies that we are bombarded with everyday. People are beginning to question things and raise eyebrows. Not saying its going to be sugarplums and roses but I think we'll be in better shape this year as a people than last year.

As for E.T.'s- I think we'll continue seeing what we have been seeing for decades- great ufo sightings captured on tape and great stories but still no disclosure or official word. I would be shocked if disclosure happened this year but I'm not holding my breath. Certainly not going to listen to any dates of disclosure...

[edit on 1/6/2010 by AceOfAces]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

For such a smart race, we are pretty dumb.

I mean, why haven't we realised that idiots are ruling and dictating to us?

Why haven't we just got up there and demanded our rights?

I don't know.

Why don't we?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

True indeed but can't blame everyone as there have been people trying...There also is a complete opposition of truth against the public from MSM and government. People are basically enslaved in jobs, trying to support their family- I can't blame them if they don't have time to save the world. I think the government is taking itself down anyways. They've already lost the trust of the people that past year with bailouts, failures, lies and lack of transparency. Plus- spending yourself into oblivion doesn't help either. Our leaders have a bigger spotlight on them than they think and that in turn will do nothing but prove to the world whats really going on.

Its not just the leaders as well- its the system. The system is corrupted. If you have a virus on your computer, its likely the virus spread somewhere else, eliminating one file simply doesn't remove the virus. Taking away a leader here and there won't stop corruption and greed. We need a total sweep and overhaul of our so called "leaders". They seem to forget who pays their salary and who they work for. They ought to make a Guantanamo for just the corrupted politicians alone. When you have the same old chronies that get re-elected year after year with no changes- you're bound to have corruption.

[edit on 1/6/2010 by AceOfAces]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

If we are going to thrive we will require Alien Intervention 2012.
I want floating cities in the sky.
Give me a Star Trek size space station also.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

A lot of what you say is indeed mentioned in the programme linked ! Marches by the millions on washington etc ! they work for us not us for them ! If you havent listened you should !

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
2010 will bring more babies.

Damn I'm good O_O

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
2010 will bring change. Reality is changing very fast.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

2010?

Well, it’ll bring another chapter in Human history, that’s for sure. What that chapter will contain is another matter…

What we will see are the same things that have dogged, hindered and improved us for as long as we have been around, but all on an increasingly complex scale.

Science will further enhance our daily, working and social existence in new and exciting ways, giving us longer lives; it will ensure the chances of life surviving where otherwise it would fail; it will persist with pushing life beyond the boundaries of Earth and the mind…science will also continue to rape the planet for resources it is struggling desperately to improve and control; devise bigger and better ways of destroying life no matter what the reasoning is behind the will and wish to destroy; formulate enhanced technology designed to dominate our waking thoughts and steer our opinions away from the self and into the selfish.

Religion will offer explanations for the wrongs of the world and billions will find great solace and comfort in the inspired words of men who speak on the behalf of gods; it will shine the welcoming light of love and eternal salvation into the darkest night of Man’s soul; it will give protection from the world’s ills and all of it’s failings in word and deed; many will flock to it with open arms, seeking within its creeds and dogma clarification of all the questions that would not form into words, yet perturbed them each and every day…and religion will paint the banner for those who seek to wipe away the rights and privileges of those who do not believe their faith; it will be the strident justification for wars and the killing of innocents; it will still be led by men who speak of laws and righteousness in the name of gods, yet who then prey on the weak and innocent behind closed doors.

Society will provide all of the needs of modern life with increased efficiency, better affordability and widespread availability; choice will abound and we will wander the aisles of markets bursting with sustenance and we will be content; comfort, warmth and security will be as close as anyone needs; we will laugh and cry with the great and good who are blessed with the talent to entertain us; society will define us and give us purpose, intent, and a rationale to succeed…society will also shun the homeless, encourage excess and offer no security; it will be the cause of unrest amongst those whom do not understand it; its abundance will be a dream to some as they thirst and hunger, shiver or boil in lands that hold not concern for those whose only concern is themselves.

Aspiration will thrive; those with good hearts will - with compassion - offer the hand of sympathy and aid to the needy; the achievements of Man will grow in mind and body, and they will inspire others to attempt even greater feats; the hopes of many to further understanding will alter the attitudes of the insular few; the desire to help will outweigh the desire to turn away…and Man will aspire to conquer anything he wishes for reasons that he secretly justifies by political agenda, the desire for wealth and power, and animal lust; individuals will seek control of others with powerful words that conceal hollow and manipulative agendas, and many will follow without question.

In other words, the world will continue to turn as it always has.

That sounds pessimistic. Do I want it to be any other way?

Of course.

The desire for real, unquestionable, incontestably positive change – something so vigorous, inspirationally influential and intellectually, yet uncomplicatedly, simple, that has the ability and impetus to rise above any and all deep-seated agendas and beliefs to assemble us together for the first time as a species as opposed to the many tribes we now are - burns as much in me as any other rational individual.

Who actually wants to live in a world that has at the centre of its psyche the practice and pursuit of love and joy alongside death and greed?

We obviously need change. I used to think we can do it ourselves but I’m sorry to say I’m losing faith in the concept, and now something makes me believe that we need to be shown that our inward-looking attitude is wrong.

We are in the corner of a darkened room, fearful of the surrounding shadows, clutching ourselves comfortingly and angry at what has happened yet so arrogant that we won't try and find a way out. We are a lost child.

Will that change come from somewhere beyond this exquisitely beautiful gem of a world we are privileged to call our home? Who knows.

My honest desire is that it does.

Happy 2010.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join