It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

what ? you haven't debunked this video yet ? lol

i'm joking, but it is one strange object that's for sure. i remember the first time i watched the footage , the hair on the back of my neck stood up

all i can say is i have no idea what it is and i think the helicopter theory only works until about 1:20 in the video you posted in the Op, after that point it becomes obvious that it's not a regular helicopter, if it's one at all.

of course it would be nice to have the raw video file to put in a lab situation for a closer examination. youtube vids are glossy compressed copies which can introduce distortion , just something to think about. something else to think about is what these people in this video are saying about secret projects testing and what the normal procedure is on these kind of air bases. they are saying these cameras would normally be turned off if it was a test and i would have to think that would be true and logical if they want to keep secrets.

relevant info
homepage.ntlworld.com...

oh and one last thing,
is it hard to breathe with that sweater covering your face ?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by easynow]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

I don't think it's going to be "debunked". It's a genuine video of a genuine something that is unidentified and flying. It might eventually be identified, but until then it's a real UFO.

Curious... is that trace along the bottom a real time display of the radar return?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wow that's pretty good. Def looks like something to look into further.
Seems metallic dome of sorts like the top of a bell but the belling curve seems straightened out. Looks like a shape that could evenly displace magnetic flux. Or ride flux fields like a water skipper on water. Cool tho

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

hi mmn, ive been at this for most of the day, ive watched tons of videos on uav's and have been looking through all sorts of helicopter's and various other things and although im struggling to find a match from the right time, i still think it has an earthly and military explanation, and even more so now that ive looked into this a bit more.

my reasoning is based on my earlier post and a couple more things, just to reiterate: nellis a.f.b is one of the highest security bases on this planet, and due to the nature of things that go on their i find it quite impossible to believe that any foreign/alien craft could breach its airspace without even an attempt at an intercept let alone it escape unscathed, it is almost impossible for any unauthorised aircraft to get anywhere near the airspace of any such military instalation of that type without being intercepted let alone casually fly about for 40+minutes.

now going by your flight speed estimation the object has a cruise speed of up to 207 knots which = 238 mph, while this is up there with the fastest of helicopter speeds its not above maximum and is well within our capability heres some sources on helicopter max speed and theory: www.helis.com... www.aerospaceweb.org...

also while this object is highly manoeuvrable it is also within our capability i believe and would also be an easy shootdown for most high end air to air or surface to air missiles of that era in my opinion so thats another reason why i think it was a flight test of something that the base had full knowledge of.

one question i have for you is the difference between the speeds you gave and the speeds on GUNSINWAR's map. is your speed an average or a maximum it gained in the video?.

but even going by GUNSINWAR's map and data which gives us a top speed of 647 mph which although quick and well beyond a helicopter max is still not out of our capability as shown by various vtol planes like the harrier and proposed vtol F-35. although obviously manoeuvrability comes into question with those.

is it possible the camera movement exaggerate`s the manoeuvrability and speed of the object as pointed out by hande?.

i think as you suggested earlier it may be a good idea to re post this thread in the aircraft projects to get the thoughts of people like waynos and intelgurl and maybe a few others.

and just out of interest, what are your personal thoughts/conclusions do you think this is military or unknown?

thanks

rich

[edit on 8-5-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
Doesn't look like a helicopter to me either. It was obviously the subject of the recording, so I'm going to guess that it was a test flight of some sort of experimental craft... UAV, perhaps.

Draknoir2:

I agree it's more likely to be a UAV as opposed to an HC, not say I am concluding it's a UAV.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND.....

on one of the links that mmn so kindly provided it states that the object was there for at least 40 minutes which for me rules out any alien or unknown phenomena because surely on a base of that level any invasion of airspace would be met with at the very least a helicopter intercept within minutes, and at the worst it would maybe have been fired on by helicopters/jets or the missile battery whos cam was locked onto it to film it.

Those are very good points

On the other hand.....

There have been extended UFO sightings that have been quite well documented.

And.....perhaps there was some sort of interception attempted that has not been divulged via video or other means.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
When the naysayers cannot come up with an intelligent suggestion, they resort to the old ' helicopter' nonsense. It is like the weatherballoon idiocy....everything obviously alien or black ops get labeled as balloons or some other silliness.

What you are seeing is a craft, either alien or backengineered. Done.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Another member claiming to be a "trained observer" stated it is "obviously" a helicopter.....

I'd have to agree... At about 40 seconds in, you can even make out the main rotor blades...
I'd even guess that it looks like a McDonnell Douglas Scorpion light attack helicopter (of the type used in a lot of the 80's adventure shows, like Airwolf, Magnum PI, etc.)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61a4c89cbb58.jpg[/atsimg]
Watch the video again, with this possibility in mind, and the stated sun refraction off the blades....

Gazrok.....

I looked at that point & beyond in the video.....

The problem is.....it's all so unclear.

I'll compare the dimensions & flight characteristics when I get a few minutes free.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrock.....

I'd even guess that it looks like a McDonnell Douglas Scorpion light attack helicopter (of the type used in a lot of the 80's adventure shows, like Airwolf, Magnum PI, etc.)

I can't find references to that particular HC.

Can you offer an alternative specific HC ID pertaining to which I can search for data?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Try the MD500 Defender.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
Try the MD500 Defender.

_Del_ .....

MD 500 DEFENDER

www.combataircraft.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the size of the UFO: Height = 11.6m + or - 3.5; width = 12.3m ± 3.7. This does not correlate with the MD 500 Defender.

Main rotor diameter: 8.05m
Height: 2.71m

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the speed of the UFO: Cruising speed when tracked = 167 – 207 knots This does not correlate with the MD 500 Defender.

Maximum speed 217 KMH

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I didn't say it was an MD500. I was just trying to help you in looking for the helicopter posted above.

I already said earlier in the thread that I leaned toward helicopter, but am firmly in the head-scratching camp after watching the full video.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by _Del_]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

_Del_

I didn't say it was an MD500.

I agree you did not say that

I was just trying to help you in looking for the helicopter posted above.

And.....I thank you for that!

I already said earlier in the thread that I leaned toward helicopter

And.....so do a number of other members.

but am firmly in the head-scratching camp after watching the full video.

Yep.....it's a puzzling video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
When the naysayers cannot come up with an intelligent suggestion, they resort to the old ' helicopter' nonsense. It is like the weatherballoon idiocy....everything obviously alien or black ops get labeled as balloons or some other silliness.

What you are seeing is a craft, either alien or backengineered. Done.

Correct. The object achieves speeds of over 700 mph, has an average speed over the course of the video of ~300 mph, and shows multiple rapid acceleration and decelerations. That alone rules out "balloons" or "helicopters" or any sort of propeller driven craft. It travels at very low speeds at the beginning (30-50 mph), then makes a right angle turn and heads toward the radar/camera accelerating rapidly to nearly 700 mph. Halfway through it goes into a steep climb.

Graphs of its performance and how it was calculated can be found here:

roswellproof.com...

This thing operates in a highly unconventional way. It has no wings or any apparent external propulsion system. It is not streamlined. There is no visible jet or rocket exhaust. So forget balloons & helicopters & UAV's, and probably any rocket or jet propelled vehicle. As richierich says, it is either alien or some back-engineered propulsion system, or totally faked (though I consider that unlikely--CGI was never that good, particularly back in 1994).

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by debrisfield

Debrisfield.....

Actually, that's a good reminder for me to re-post the reports from my original post for convenience:

homepage.ntlworld.com...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hande

Hande.....

Thanks for your interesting post.

I dont know Nellis case, maybe there was radar information etc.

Apparently the bright white line at the bottom of the video is part of the radar trace information that is matched to the viewing / video in real time, as per our mentions early in this thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow…..

It’s always nice to see you drop & in offer your thoughts & comments

It’s just a great case!

i'm joking, but it is one strange object that's for sure. i remember the first time i watched the footage , the hair on the back of my neck stood up

Yup…..it’s very, very intriguing.

all i can say is i have no idea what it is and i think the helicopter theory only works until about 1:20 in the video you posted in the Op, after that point it becomes obvious that it's not a regular helicopter, if it's one at all.

I agree…..the appearance becomes even more bizarre.

Some of the 3D reconstructions in the reports I posted (in my 1st post & in my post above) are very interesting.

of course it would be nice to have the raw video file to put in a lab situation for a closer examination.

I agree regarding the raw video aspect.

It would also be helpful in verifying the exact source of the video, as there is conjecture regarding that aspect.

As per Internos’ commentary earlier in the thread, it was given “anonymously from the base”, but the source is not identified

youtube vids are glossy compressed copies which can introduce distortion , just something to think about.

Yup…..YT is both a help & a hindrance.

something else to think about is what these people in this video are saying about secret projects testing and what the normal procedure is on these kind of air bases. they are saying these cameras would normally be turned off if it was a test and i would have to think that would be true and logical if they want to keep secrets.

That’s also an interesting point that may help to exclude it being a film of a “black project”.

Thank you very much

That’s an excellent…..I’d not seen it previously. I will ask the mods if I can edit that into the opening post.

oh and one last thing,
is it hard to breathe with that sweater covering your face ?

Oh…..that’s just my way of showing there’s more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a big point i dont understand is from the camera operators, why would they do a simulated launch?. it seems strange!. is this common practice?. wouldn't they do a real launch if it was an unknown craft invading the airspace of a high security military instalation?.

is a simulated launch something they would do against a test flight like a type of wargame scenario to test a crafts missile or radar detection or counter measures?.

could this be more to do with testing the missile system?

could it be some kind of missile target drone?

do we know that cameras are definately turned off during flight tests? would that only be for top secret black projects

also in that sightings video when that guy does a computer simulation of the crafts flightpath, he says it stays the same distance from the camera at all times as if it knows its being tracked, now obviously thats just his assumption but it does seem a bit too coincidental, so in that case it must have a radar detection and missile lock on warning system or something similar thats used in fighter aircraft?.

if thats the case then would aliens have developed the same such systems as us?

this is a great video and although i really have no clue about what the craft is, in my opinion everything that is going on points to either a flight test or testing the missile battery or a bit of both!.

thanks

rich

[edit on 9-5-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
just thought of something, after watching this video again and looking through this thread again and seeing that popcorn picture, im sure ive seen a different video of a very similar object. if i remember correctly it was on a video tape made by the now defunct u.f.o magazine that was edited by the late graham birdsall.

unfortunately i no longer have the tape as i got rid of all my vhs video tapes and vcr years ago!!!.
maybe another member has it or knows what im talking about.

edit: after doing a quick bit of research online, i think the video tape was called "the best evidence" not to be confused with "the best evidence caught on camera", i think graham birdsalls relative russell callaghan carried on selling it on dvd thats if its the same one!.
i may be totally wrong about this but just thought it was worth a mention.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Biography Channel has a mini UFO marathon last night, and this case was featured on one of the shows. It has to be the most convincing video evidence of unknown exotic aircraft I've seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join