It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was Discovered by the Jews

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
well that's that then.

All you American hicks better get ready for a taste of what the Palestinians have had to go through. America belongs to the Jews - they are God's chosen after all and I'm sure that somewhere along the line he promised America to them.

There again, they practically run the place already so maybe no change there then.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I am not going to even read this ridiculous posting because why is it every creed/religion feels a need for ownership? No one discovered anything. Earth was here way before man was (I think anyway). It's a place for all to share. It's like the modern version of finding a pole then 'discovering' cable.
It's absurd. Now stop this greediness. If anything, Indians were here first anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Ummm, the Greeks and Romans were here looooong before 1492:

Linky

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
America was discovered first by the Vikings, they made trade with the north american Indians. It was Viking Erik The Red who first put foot on the north american continent.

Well, aside from the American Indians. Or is that the Native Americans? Or is there something else that is the politically correct title nowadays?

[edit on 29/12/2009 by moniker]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Well, aside from the American Indians. Or is that the Native Americans? Or is there something else that is the politically correct title nowadays?

[edit on 29/12/2009 by moniker]

Well this is what you get from google results when you search Indians.
www.google.ro...

Indians from North America are thought to come from eskimos.
They migrated from the north when at a time there was ice betwen Siberia
and alaska, you could walk.
In general the term Indian has an ambiguous meaning.
Indians from India are aboriginal peopole, just like Indians from North America. Columbus made the definition since he first made contact with the natives from North America and since then it has remained in use that Indians=indigenous people in general.

You can call the natives from North America indians.
There is also a state Indiana, also a basseball team, it has a North American indian as a logo.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

sounds intresting but the native indians were there long before them greeks/romans or is that something often forgoten?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Christopher Columbus discovered Cuba, never hit the mainland of America.
He died denying he had in fact, he much wanted instead to have found Asia.
He was Italian, from Genoa, which was then the merchant capital of the known world, and Asia was regarded as a great prize for trade.
He'd failed getting sponsorship from Portugal, Venice, and his home city of Genoa, before turning to the king and queen of Spain.
He struck out with them initially as well, before finally getting funding for the trip.
Part of it was his disagreement with the views of the known world at the time.
No, he didn't believe the world was round, he though the world was smaller than most believed.
The world was believed to be round as far back, and possibly earlier, as the second century.
The circumference was calculated fairly accurately.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
1492 the land geographically was known as "Iberia" a name which explaination can be found in the term IBRI (hebrew) by which its earliest settlers may have been known.
Having lost the greater part of Iberia to the Moslems the warring splintered kingdoms saw their first major union when Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castille married in 1469.
Within ten years they launched a military campaign to roll back the Moors and bring Spain under the banner of Catholicism.
In January of 1492 the Moors were defeated with the fall of Granada and Spain was made a Christian land.
In March of the same year the king and queen signed an edict for the expulsion of all Jews by July 31st who would not convert.
On August 3rd Christopher Columbus (cristobal colon) sailed under the Spanish flag...west.
He wrote a book called The Book Of Prophecies.
He believed he was fulfilling ancient prophecies, its also implied that he was in fact a converted Jew (under duress) to get the funding to complete his "mission".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
reply to post by NOTurTypical

sounds intresting but the native indians were there long before them greeks/romans or is that something often forgoten?

It's something ignored as they weren't European God fearing Christians. They were viewed as simply savages worshipping pagan gods who wouldn't be able to grasp a concept such as discovery.

Though, it really seems odd that someone can discover something that had vast civilizations on it. It would be like a Native American travelling to Europe and discovery France or Britain. Which they could describe as a land full of pale skin natives who seemed worship a strange cross which sometimes had a replica of a corpse hanging on it. A race with unusual tools and structures, but still primitive as they have yet to grasp the concept of civilization and are prone to violence.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There was a great sea faring race who knew no bounds when looking for booty, the longships they used are more than capable of making a transatlantic crossing.
I believe that the vikings reached america 400-500 years earlier than anyone else from europe.

There is a few snippits of info at this link.

historymedren.about.com...

The second link in the article i just pointerd you to contains archeological evidence for the vikings reaching America.

Its amazing that 3500miles of ocean was crossed by their longboats.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
1492 the land geographically was known as "Iberia" a name which explaination can be found in the term IBRI (hebrew) by which its earliest settlers may have been known.
Having lost the greater part of Iberia to the Moslems the warring splintered kingdoms saw their first major union when Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castille married in 1469.
Within ten years they launched a military campaign to roll back the Moors and bring Spain under the banner of Catholicism.
In January of 1492 the Moors were defeated with the fall of Granada and Spain was made a Christian land.
In March of the same year the king and queen signed an edict for the expulsion of all Jews by July 31st who would not convert.
On August 3rd Christopher Columbus (cristobal colon) sailed under the Spanish flag...west.
He wrote a book called The Book Of Prophecies.
He believed he was fulfilling ancient prophecies, its also implied that he was in fact a converted Jew (under duress) to get the funding to complete his "mission".

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the validation.

Torquemada did issue orders for the forceful conversion of jews to christianity. It stands to reason that Columbus did in fact accept conversion as a means to get his voyage funded.

The timing of his voyage so as to coincide with the Alhambra Decree for the expulsion of the Jews gives the theory credence.

It is likely that he was bitter about his forceful conversion and likely found solace in the madness of revelation.

The Book of Prophecies is a compilation of apocalyptical religious revelations written by Christopher Columbus in the 15th and 16th centuries C.E.
This journal of sorts conveys the medieval notion that in order for the end of the world or the second coming of Jesus Christ to occur, certain events must first be enacted:

1. Christianity must be spread throughout the world

2. The Garden of Eden must be found - It was the common belief in the Middle Ages that the biblical Garden of Eden must have been on the top of a crag or mountaintop so that it would not have been affected by the first destruction of the world by flood. Upon arriving in Venezuela in 1498, Columbus must have surely thought that the verdant crags of Venezuela bore the garden of the Old Testament of the Bible.

3. A Last Crusade must take back the Holy Land from the Muslims - It was also believed that when Christ comes, he will come back in the place he lived and died; Jerusalem.

4. A Last World Emperor must be chosen - Columbus had chosen, at least in his mind, that the Catholic Kings, Ferdinand and Isabella, would fulfill this position due to the vast imperial power and religious conviction the Spanish monarchs claimed. A last world emperor would be necessary to lead the aforementioned crusade against the Muslims and to greet Christ at Jerusalem once the previous steps had been completed.
These notions were not new to Columbus' time period. Medieval monastic writers such as Joachim of Fiore made similar claims and heavily influenced the apocalyptical writings and beliefs of Christopher Columbus.

Many ignore or view this apocalyptical facet of Columbus as myth, however at the close of his life he was very much enthralled in apocalyptic and religious scholarship. Many found Columbus to be mad in his later years[citation needed] and as history notes, he never did see the whole of his visions realized.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Originally posted by Moodle
technically i think this thread is about a half a step away from blatant racism. it isn't just yet but i can't imagine for it to be headed anywhere other than it. not that i care mind you, you can bash the jews all day long and i don't care. i don't particularly like any of the races except arab women. they're hot as hell adn they don't stink half as bad as teh indian women.

????

Do you realize what you just did?
You said that this thread was a half a step away from blatant racism,
Then you go even a step further and do exactly as you predicted, made this thread racist with the stinking as bad as indianz comment.
This is truly a WTF MOMENT.

lmao

Please read Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 29/12/09 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
what i said was offensive, not racist. everything in this world that pisses you off isn't racist. i know being a part of the ignorant majority makes it difficult for some of you to accept distinctions like that.

pegging cc as jew means absolutely nothing. why does it matter? the op didn't say and left it open for imagination. that's why it's half racist because of course he's gonna go somewehre with it.

guess i have to spell it out for the gimps, you still won't get it anyway. you're too busy being offended. i'm sure youodn't miss any opportunityfor that huh.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Also I doubt Colombus was the first European or sailor to visit North America. Check this out. en.wikipedia.org... I plan to check that lake out this summer if I can. But basically, the natives in that area have a legend that an ancient maritime civilization who came to the area to mine the 'red rock' as they call it or copper.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
Also I doubt Colombus was the first European or sailor to visit North America. Check this out. en.wikipedia.org... I plan to check that lake out this summer if I can. But basically, the natives in that area have a legend that an ancient maritime civilization who came to the area to mine the 'red rock' as they call it or copper.

Boy, you point out one simple thing that we are all taught in public grade school that columbus discovered america (Funny that they forget to mention that he was a jew) and all of a sudden everyone else is laying claim to america.

In this thread alone everyone from the romans and greeks to the norwegians to the italians to the asian indians are all laying claim to being the first to find america.

Before you know it the arabs, pakastanis, chinese and africans will all be claiming that they were here first.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

And that's the problem, these terrible texts called history books. Nothing but
Eurocentric rhetoric.

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but you can't "discover" anything when there are already people here. To put it into contrast it's like me going over to your place of residence and laying claim over it because i discovered it when no one else i roll with knows about it and i didn't see anyone.

Columbus discovered America...yea right he discovered nothing! Hey i discovered something too, it's called sliced bread! Since no one is laying claim to that, i'll take it. Oh yea, i'll take peanut butter and jelly too! The Earl of Sandwich is a liar it was me the whole time!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It should be pointed out that regardless of what the school textbooks teach you, Columbus only discovered Cuba, he never set foot on mainland North America.

Columbus was a major proponent in trying to convert the natives to Christianity, and having Jewish heritage is not the same as being Jewish oneself.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Moonman1111

Boy, you point out one simple thing that we are all taught in public grade school that columbus discovered america (Funny that they forget to mention that he was a jew) and all of a sudden everyone else is laying claim to america.

In this thread alone everyone from the romans and greeks to the norwegians to the italians to the asian indians are all laying claim to being the first to find america.

Before you know it the arabs, pakastanis, chinese and africans will all be claiming that they were here first.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

Jews couldn't find their way out of a small patch of dusty sand for nearly 40 years. Who are you kidding sir.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

As I recall, it was God's will that had them wandering through the desert.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Moonman1111

As I recall, it was God's will that had them wandering through the desert.

Na, most likely Moses was looking for a weaker tribe for him to commit genocide against.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join