It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was touched by something

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Tonight I was in our kitchen emptying out a coffee pot into the sink. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, which I thought was my wife. We have a very small kitchen and I felt a touch on the small of my back. I just though my wife was trying to move around me and was letting me know she was there with the touch.

I looked around and I was alone. My wife was in the living room, my daughter was in the living room, my son was in his bedroom. I was alone in the kitchen. I asked everyone if they had just been in the kitchen and they all said no.

The touch I felt was very gentle, and I didn't feel scared even after I realized that I was alone. I felt nothing evil about the experience, but it definitely was an odd happening. My wife has had similar experiences in our home. This was my first experience like this. it was a definite touch, and I know I saw someone in there with me out of the corner of my eye.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hi sagestranger,

Cool experience. It sounds to me like someone is letting you know they're about.

Couple of questions to satisfy my curiosity.

1. Has anyone close to you recently died?

2. Have you recently been having thoughts and or memorys about someone you loved that has passed away?

3. Is this your first experience?

4. Is there anything going on in your life that you feel apprehensive about?

5. Have you only just moved in to your house recently?

6. Are you having any work done at the minute on your home?

Obviousely you dont need to be to specific. I just look for patterns in occurances leading up to and after experiences. If it is your first one congratulations. You've got nothing to be afraid of and dont get freaked out. No longer can you deny the possibility of ghosts existing lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Hey Algebra,

No one has died recently but we thought that we were about to lose my Grandpa for the past two weeks. He recently had a biopsy on his brain and they found cancer. He had a very hard time recovering and more than once they told us he had only days to live. He has gotten quite a bit better, but is now in a nursing home. I've been traveling back home and was sitting up with "Pa" through the nights in the hospital last week. And so with all this I would have to say yes I've had some apprehension about all of that.

This has caused us to think about some of our dearly departed quite a bit - like as who all is waiting on the other side for Grandpa.

We've been in this house for a year and a half. This is the first time I've experienced something this strong, but as I mentioned my wife has had several similar experiences.

No work recently or currently is being done on the house.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about you grandpa but im glad he's improved.

Definately seems to me like someones letting you know they're with you. To reassure you that all is going to be fine. Especially as you did'nt feel threatened at all. Its thought that spirits can communicate with you on an emotional level. Kind of like a friend giving you a hug and reasuring you, but without physical contact.

If it were me. I would view the experience as a good omen. A sign that things will be fine whatever happens.

Your wife should too, if her experiences are simmilar. Hope all go's well and let us know if anything else happens.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

I am so sorry to do this, I am trying as I type to stop myself but cannot. Your headline reads:

I was touched by something

And I say: That's what she said.

I know, I apologize.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD!!
No more "The Office" for you young man!!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just watched the "Jason" experiment. Cool stuff.

Im interested to know more about that ghost box though. Thats the second time ive seen one and wonder how you make one.

I would love to try one out for myself.

Wish i had of watched that first before my previouse posts because now theres the possibility that the spirit you encountered could be this "Jason" which would bring a whole new meaning to your experience.

You may have let him in to your home which could have interesting outcomes.

Lets say he touched you to get your attention because he wants to communicate again. If you ignore him he may become aggresive.
Now you've entered the unknown.

Try get some info on Ghost box if you can please.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Don't get too scared about a touch, I've been touched, rubbed, tapped on the head numerous times, .... and one time actualy punched in the face. Just don't worry about it, maybe it was a female ghost getting her feel on.

ghost's need love too.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Removed off topic comment.

Sorry OP just kidding around.

[edit on 12/29/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
lol @space cadet!

reply to post by Algebra

Algebra,

I hadn't thought about this being the Jason spirit, but you may be right!

Yes we have been doing some paranormal investigations for a few months now and we got started with the ghost box after I heard about Frank Sumption on Coast to Coast.

Frank's Website

I did some research on the ghost box and found that this is a new thing in the paranormal field. It's very controversial, many investigators do not consider it valid, or even in the EVP category. It is basically an inexpensive radio that has been altered slightly so that when you hit the scan button it doesn't stop on stations. So what you get is full band sweeps on FM or AM. The theory is that spirits can use the material already on the frequencies to communicate. You are getting little snippets from the radio stations and the white static noise in between. But it seems to answer questions that are asked.

I don't know about how valid it is - I think it's very interesting and we are still using it.

After the Jason video - we did another ghost box session in our bedroom after my wife had seen a shadowy figure moving through the room in the middle of the night. I woke up and she had our EMF meter going around the walls and the door. (no hits on it btw)

I have not gone through the audio on the last session but we did hear some interesting things as we were recording it. I really need to go over it, because many times you don't hear it so much when you're doing the initial recordings but only after you start putting the headphones on and really listening. I'll work on the bedroom audio and see if I can get it posted.

As far as making a ghost box - it's very easy and the radio is only about 30$ at Radio Shack. Here is a youtube video on how to make it.

How to Make a Ghost Box

Ok - long reply but thinking about the experience I had tonight being the Jason spirit opens up some new holes I felt I needed to fill in a little.

I'll work on the other ghost box session audio and try to post a link here when it's done.

[edit on 12/29/2009 by sagestranger]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Now using the doll, point to where the spirit was touching you

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/777630c89bd5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Wow lol - I should have thought about the title of this post a little more maybe...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sagestranger

Wow lol - I should have thought about the title of this post a little more maybe...

Lol

Sorry I really couldnt resist

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sagestranger

Yeah you've left yourself exposed, bad idea lol.

Appreciate the ghost box info and look forward to the bedroom audio if you can get it sorted.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences... the earliest I can remember I was 15 years old. I'd say it's happened a handful of times that I've felt something tap or grab me, just to turn and see nothing there.

The last time it happened was 8 years ago. So it's been awhile since. But I can figure how long ago it was, because I know who I was dating at the time it happened. There was a bit of a story to it, if you don't mind my sharing.

I had just started dating someone, like I said. In the early evening we were together at my house. At about 8pm we decided to leave and head downtown. There's a bit of a path that goes from my porch, around the side of my house & then through my backyard to the area where I park my car. I'd left the house first to get to my car, I think my date was lagging behind a bit because he was putting on his shoes and jacket.

It was dark and unlighted outside. After walking approx 25 feet down the path, I felt a very quick, hard tap on my left shoulder. As I turned to see who it was, I saw my date moving around the corner of the front porch. At once I saw that not only was no one there to tap me, but there's no way my date was pulling a prank, since the moment I turned I saw him moving at a good distance away from me.

I stood there until he caught up with me, then we walked together to my car. Since we'd just started dating I decided not to mention what I felt. I didn't want to talk about any weirdness so soon in the relationship, not wanting to scare him off and all that.

Some time later that night, when we were talking in the car I started thinking about the incident again. I'd been grabbed before by something I couldn't identify, but it had always happened in areas before that I could write it off as... someone must've walked past and bumped me, some pervert touched me and moved along quickly... But that night I felt a distinctive hard tap on my shoulder, the kind of touch used specifically to get someone to turn around. And there was absolutely no way anyone else was nearby. I would've heard someone stepping on leaves at some point, while they were moving toward me or darting away. (I lived on a fenced wooded 2-acre lot, in a largely senior area). Also the guy I was seeing was not a prankster... anyway involving a 3rd unknown person (we had no mutual friends) to pull this off would've just been odd behavior, even for a prank-puller. I couldn't find a way to write the event off and it was bothering me. Then I thought, was I just having strange muscle spasms that felt like someone tapping me?

So in spite of my reservations, I eventually asked my date a question: "Have you ever felt something touch you, then turned around to see that no one's there?"

He quickly perked up and said "Yeah. Just as I walked out your front door earlier, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, and when I looked back there was no one there." I don't know why but I didn't mention to him that I'd had the same experience at my house, very close to when he did, until weeks later.

Of course, the easy answer would be "ghosts" but being a Mamoru Oshii fan I quickly started thinking about the existence of therm-optic camouflage too.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by jem78]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ugh this thread just went down the drain.

Gary glitter?

Seriously mate, a big WTF?!?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Ugh this thread just went down the drain.

Gary glitter?

Seriously mate, a big WTF?!?

Just ignore it on the avatar to the left. All his posts disappear. Im gonna complain aswell, we cant have a peado popping up all over the place.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thank you for posting your report. There is nothing in it, however, that differs from the ordinary and usual experience of people everywhere.

It is inevitable that any physical system that is capable of feeling touch when it really is touched must also sometimes feel touch when it is not touched. The principles involved can be found under the searchable term receiver operating characteristic, often abbreviated ROC.

It will not do to say how realistic the touch felt. If you could reliably tell the difference between real touches and 'false alarms,' then there would be no 'false alarms.' If so, then you could build a receiver with perfect working. Which you cannot, no more than you can build a perpetual motion machine.

It is also true, of course, that a practical receiver must sometimes fail to perceive touches when it is touched. That would include occasions where the receiver takes its own ROC into account, and writes off a possible touch as a false alarm.

You are welcome to say that this one such occasion. I am not writing to say that you were not touched. There is no way I could know that. What I am saying is that there is nothing in your report that supports your having been touched.

It is also not a question of scepticism versus belief. It is that there is nothing in your report about which to be sceptical. You had one of the most ordinary human experiences. There is nothing unusual about it, nothing that departs from normality.

Kudos on doing a good job of eliminating that you were touched, not passively settling for what you thought about the locations of other people in the house, but actively questionning them. Best wishes to your grandfather.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by eight bits]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Thank you for posting your report. There is nothing in it, however, that differs from the ordinary and usual experience of people everywhere.

It is inevitable that any physical system that is capable of feeling touch when it really is touched must also sometimes feel touch when it is not touched. The principles involved can be found under the searchable term receiver operating characteristic, often abbreviated ROC.

Eight bits, this is why I wrote the above monologue to the OP. To sum it up, I had an incident happen once where someone I was with & I were touched the same way (tapped on the shoulder) & at about the same time (we were both leaving my house). He admitted to me in detail what had happened to him without me "leading" him, except to ask very vaguely if he'd ever felt touched by something that wasn't there.

I don't know how this could've been explained by coincidence. This leads me to believe that these types of occurences can't always be passed of as a muscle twitch or nervous system snafu. That may be the case sometimes, but I no longer think it has to be the rule.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join