It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Warning Very Disturbing)Best Reason For Not Drivng Drunk I Have Ever Seen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

We need more Videos like this here in the USA. This is so sad to watch.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by intothelight]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Holy Freaking S&^T ..

Warn us before you put disturbing stuff like that ..

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The best way to not drink and drive is to do what i do, do not drive at all. I have never driven a car, and never will.

People are way too stupid, to understand, and it always happens to someone else.

[edit on 12/27/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

It's a fact dude. About the stupidest thing one could do is drive drunk or get into a car with someone that has been drinking. Nothing good can come from it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I hate that phrasing. There is nothing wrong with drinking and driving, It's driving while drunk.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I arrested a guy for DUI this past summer and his wife and family all called and complained to the department. They said I ruined his life, thanks to me he might lose his job, blah, blah, blah....the man blew a 2.33 and almost crashed his car twice before FINALLY getting it somewhat on the shoulder of the roadway....

I do NOT feel bad for locking up anyone who drives drunk...especially that drunk...I have seen drunks walk away from accidents and their passangers or victims (like in the vid) get taken to the hospital or morgue. Say what you want about cops, but if I have to ruin your life to save people from death, or disfigurement like this woman in the vid...so be it!

Oh and in court the man AND his wife stated, "can't people have a good time without police harassing them" ahhhh the words of societies brightest!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hey friend

You should add a GRAPHIC in your title.

Some people are a tad squeamish, btw ,

Crashed my car when I was 18 , DD , havent driven with a drop

in 30 years .

It is tragic.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Hey friend

You should add a GRAPHIC in your title.

Some people are a tad squeamish, btw ,

Crashed my car when I was 18 , DD , havent driven with a drop

in 30 years .

It is tragic.

Done!!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Damn, that's totally death metal. I've seen worse, though, on those websites that deal with shock photography and videos. It's quite helpful if you want to get desensitised, but the majority of users have some sick sort of fetish. Seriously, car crashes can get totally death metal. People with no heads at all, chunks of flesh with head hair attached, the list goes on. It's not the type of material you won't to see when you're eating...Though I'm usually always snacking while viewing those pics. Morbid curiousity and all that.

Anyway, I'll never drink and drive 'cause I'm a pretty useless driver when I'm sober anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Thank's man. for being so awesome. keep on it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

You are right man. I was stopped for speeding, I had been drinking and I blew a .09, very low, but still above the legal limit. If I want the laws to protect me, I must follow the laws. I deserved everything I got. Even though I wasn't drunk and the Highway Patrolman said so in court, I deserved exactly what I recieved.

You're a good LEO. Keep it up...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Guys I appreciate it! As I said DUI isn't a violation that can be overlooked. Way to much can happen and change the lives of so many in an instant. Overlooking a joint in your pocket, been there...but not DUI.

And its sad because here in America, drinking is a new form of cool. Most people don't go have a beer or drink for the taste, they do it because we have SOMEHOW made alcohol part of the culture that says getting drunk, acting a fool, puking, etc ...makes you awesome. I know people who actually drink wine and expensive brews to make themselves seem more educated/effluent.

Going and having a beer or two is great, I do it myself on gameday, but this notion that you HAVE to get drunk, you have to drink when you go out, and if you don't your not "down" or "in" with society is sad...

[edit on 12/27/2009 by rcwj1975]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have a question, why in one photograph the woman has both eyes while in another one she is missing her left one?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think this is an important message. Too many people I've known don't seem to care and/or don't take responsibility for themselves; a couple have even joked about driving home with one eye closed or how they were lucky to have gotten home without getting killed.

People prone to such things need to realize that they can injure/kill others and they have to carry the consequences of that the rest of their lives. I would rather kill myself than be responsible for someone else's horror, but we rarely get to make those choices once we've embarked upon an irrresponsible choice.

I struggled with alcohol self-abuse for years. I ran my own car off the road and thankfully didn't kill anyone except for two power poles. I still think aobut that from time to time......... how easily it could've gone much worse. You never saw a Chevvy Vega that looked worse after that crash. Could've killed all kinds of people, myself included. It was a fortunate wake-up call. I walked away from the crash, and rode a bike for the next four years.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Guys I appreciate it! As I said DUI isn't a violation that can be overlooked. Way to much can happen and change the lives of so many in an instant. Overlooking a joint in your pocket, been there...but not DUI.

It's nice to see a policeman (not police officer... officer = corporation language, same as CEO) who actually serves the public. I remember seeing old footage of policemen from the early 1900s, an angry driver up in a policeman's face arguing with him and he remained totally calm, "Yeah, uh huh guy, yeah, move along now."
And people do appreciate and remember being given a break, as legal run-ins are often a fairly traumatic experience anyway.

I have also seen a lot of awful, awful, awful things come from drunk driving. When I was in high school a speaker came to our school that honestly did not look much different than the guy above. He gave a presentation of what happened complete with photos of the scene. He was also in a wheelchair and paralyzed from the waist down. Before I graduated several people attending the same school died in alcohol related crashes, though I didn't know them personally...

One of my personal friends, a former co-worker, died not too long ago in an alcohol related crash. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the car, which rolled on top of him and caught on fire. He was with 2 other friends of mine who escaped with minor injuries, but I can only imagine what the entire experience must have been like for them, to see their own friend die at the scene. I'm sure their physical scars aren't what bothers them the most...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Good thing I just drank a few pints and am now going to drive

AAAAAHHHH

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
for all the german ppl on here..this is also a warning video

i think ppl from other countries who will watch it understand the message as well

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nothing good can come from DD only tragic for people & pain for loss of loved ones if there is loss in life. But people will still do it & yes there still will be loss of life by these people who think they can DD.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
the man blew a 2.33 and almost crashed his car twice before FINALLY getting it somewhat on the shoulder of the roadway....

Don't you mean .233, he would have been dead at 2.33 Lol,.

I once arrested a lady who blew over .5. When I turned on the light to balance the breathalyzer, (Model 900A), the needle flew so fast to the right I almost fainted. Yet this lady was walking and talking fine.

Another time I handled a bad wreck where the guy was drunk, ended up drawing blood at the hospital charging him. He looked like a chicken because there was so much blood and his down jacket had ripped open during the crash sticking to the blood. This guy ended up writing a letter thanking me and telling me how he had changed his life. A rare but good ending.

[edit on 12/30/2009 by Kellter]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
Don't you mean .233, he would have been dead at 2.33 Lol,.

ha..thats what I get for NOT reading my post before I submit. Yes .233 and apparently my decimal wanted to play tricks on me!!!

My highest ever on the Intox 5000 is .413 and it was a Mexican guy who didn't even appear that drunk. He only had 4 total clues on all the field evals, but his less safe act was enough to get him in to blow on the machine. It blows my mind how much of a tolorance people can develop.

<<   2  3 >>

join