It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill your pets to save the environment.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The forces of Climate protection are reaching new heights of insanity in the wake of the Copenhagen Climate Conference.

"Time to Eat the Dog: The Real Guide to Sustainable Living" by New Zealanders Robert and Brenda Vale is back in the news. Yeah, I know this was covered a few months ago in another Thread but, it looks like the MSM are dragging this story back out in the wake of the Copenhagen Climate Conference.

Polluting pets: the devastating impact of man's best friend

PARIS (AFP) – Man's best friend could be one of the environment's worst enemies, according to a new study which says the carbon pawprint of a pet dog is more than double that of a gas-guzzling sports utility vehicle.

But the revelation in the book "Time to Eat the Dog: The Real Guide to Sustainable Living" by New Zealanders Robert and Brenda Vale has angered pet owners who feel they are being singled out as troublemakers.

"Owning a dog really is quite an extravagance, mainly because of the carbon footprint of meat," Barrett said.

Other animals aren't much better for the environment, the Vales say.

Cats have an eco-footprint of about 0.15 hectares, slightly less than driving a Volkswagen Golf for a year, while two hamsters equates to a plasma television and even the humble goldfish burns energy equivalent to two mobile telephones.

But Reha Huttin, president of France's 30 Million Friends animal rights foundation says the human impact of eliminating pets would be equally devastating.

"Pets are anti-depressants, they help us cope with stress, they are good for the elderly," Huttin told AFP.

"Everyone should work out their own environmental impact. I should be allowed to say that I walk instead of using my car and that I don't eat meat, so why shouldn't I be allowed to have a little cat to alleviate my loneliness?"

Sylvie Comont, proud owner of seven cats and two dogs -- the environmental equivalent of a small fleet of cars -- says defiantly, "Our animals give us so much that I don't feel like a polluter at all.

"I think the love we have for our animals and what they contribute to our lives outweighs the environmental considerations.

"I don't want a life without animals," she told AFP.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They're not just sticking to the 'carbon footprint" argument either. Vales is declaring all out war on all pets, saying they are an environmental disaster.

And pets' environmental impact is not limited to their carbon footprint, as cats and dogs devastate wildlife, spread disease and pollute waterways, the Vales say.

With a total 7.7 million cats in Britain, more than 188 million wild animals are hunted, killed and eaten by feline predators per year, or an average 25 birds, mammals and frogs per cat, according to figures in the New Scientist.

Likewise, dogs decrease biodiversity in areas they are walked, while their faeces cause high bacterial levels in rivers and streams, making the water unsafe to drink, starving waterways of oxygen and killing aquatic life.

And cat poo can be even more toxic than doggy doo -- owners who flush their litter down the toilet ultimately infect sea otters and other animals with toxoplasma gondii, which causes a killer brain disease.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Vales recommends we eat our pets after they pass away in order to compensate for their environmental impact.

This guy needs to get his head examined.

This article points out how proposed environmental lagislation would impact every aspect of out lives. Every thing we do, every choice we make will give the environmentalist wackos another excuse to impose yet another tax on our already overtaxed lives.

All for some made-up BS science which ignores natural climate fluctuation.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think they're missing the natural recycling going on here....

My dog LOVES to eat cat poop, it's her caviar.

And my cats kill the field mice in the backyard, and the nasty bugs & lizards too!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
oh should we kill our fellow human too? since we are part of the 'reasons the climate change.

Stop feeding lies to people. Climate is changing and it always has with or without us.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

From all the threads I've been reading lately...
I wonder how many people will actually try and do this? To save the climate.

This is absolutely absurd.
Someone out there is on a "control" kick.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ok, I just killed all my pets.... Now what?

Should something happen now?

Nothings really happening.

I hope this story was not a hoax.

My poor pets.

J/k

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am a mama who will fight for her children.I have two-legged and four-
legged babies.To get to any of them,you have to go through me first!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
These environmentalists have to be brought under control. If they had their way the planet would be devoid of all life! After that, what's the point? The charade needs to end.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xizd1
These environmentalists have to be brought under control. If they had their way the planet would be devoid of all life! After that, what's the point? The charade needs to end.

It just occured to me that no environmentalists = no absurd suggestions. Put them on an island alone and they can run around and eat roots and tree bark. At least the normal people won't have to listen to them.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Aww this is seriously getting out of hand, animals are apart of nature, just like humans. The government, military, industrial sector and commercial sector put out more carbon dioxide than any single person or animal in the entire world.

This is seriously getting on my nerves, to a point where I am beginning to feel my blood pressure rise.

Killing animals? That man is a complete nut case.

Other animals aren't much better for the environment, the Vales say

These people are waging war with nature! I feel like the main character in James Cameroons new film "Avatar", these human beings are now not only destroying our planet, now they are trying to label our animals a threat to the planet - After they kill all the animals, after they kill all the plants, after they kill all the "useless eaters" (humans), then what the hell is left?

Seriously?

Co2 destroying our planet is complete crap, fabricated. It is so effing silly to think that our entire world and its animals and its humans are all going to suffer because of Rothschild's greed for the control of the planet.

If there ever is a World War 3, then I think it will be average humans versus the rotten governments and military. This is an outrage, people are so f**king stupid
I am so angry because all the stupid people in the world (90% of the planet) will do anything that the government and military tell them too.

STOP CLIMATE CHANGE PROPAGANDA BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My border collie is worth every one of her carbon footprints.
She keeps me sane for a start.
She also keeps me fairly healthy as I have to take her out.
And she is amazing both with elderly and suicidal clients.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is where the implemented "Carbon tax" on humans will start too.
You see, according to "them", we all emit CO2. So, we all breathe out the exact things plants need to survive, yet its gonna destroy the environment.

So, bring on the Carbon tax to humans next.
It only seems like their next logical step.

Or, kill humans, to save the environment.

I love the stupidity of humans that believe this crap.
It makes my world go around.

PS: I am not about to kill my dog for saving this environment. I'd rather help pollute it then.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If my 27 lb dog has a higher carbon footprint than I do, it only means I don't have enough beans in my diet. I would be very surprised if my micro mammal was worse for the environment than I am.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm with Mammabeth on this, to get to my pets you gonna need to run me out of 45 long colt ammo.

But I'm glad to see that my trapping of ferral cats "yes wild" has not been just to fortify my neighbors thinking I'm cruel.

Some jerk developer, decided that he would move 50 trailer's in on his property and rent them out...Do to the county that I live in having no ordinance against, how many resides on a given space.

He has 5 acres and is in the middle of a 1500 acre area, its about 1/2 mile through the woods from my house to the trailer park, and every one of them seem to have non-fixed cats and let them breed rampidly.

I started this quest 3 years or so ago, at first I rounded up every cat I could 20+ and went to the managers place...he was not home so I started putting cats on his roof...to high for them to jump down and not that cruel...thinking he would get the message.
OH no, I later heeard that it was passed around the park as a sign from the cat gods, and he was meant to be their leader.

We now have problems with the local animal population, them cats are killing our rabbits, baby turkey's, and god knows what else, not to mention stalking my bird feeders.
OOPS sorry for the rant... I did not stay on topic either...again sorry, its just a bit of a hot topic in my household at the moment.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Dogs intuitvely defend their masters against all agressors. Many plans to kidnap those on the red lists and blue lists will be foiled by four legged alarms who bite and sometimes even kill those they catch sneaking around their territory. Most of the environmentalists were once Stalinists and Trotskyists. They are just trying to disarm their enemies.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just because some nut writes such nonsense hardly means it's a valid thing people are considering in regards to climate change. I could find dozens of crazy reports from enviro nazi's that will never go anywhere. In any case, we should tackle meat production and it's impact on the environment(specifically cattle) before killing peoples pets
We should seriously look at growing meat, the technology is there and would do the environment alot more good than killing pets.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday

OOPS sorry for the rant... I did not stay on topic either...again sorry, its just a bit of a hot topic in my household at the moment.

That's OK. I don't mind that you went off topic.

That has to be one of the most entertainig stories I've heard in a while.

Loved the part about the "message from the cat gods".

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Kill the dog but save the polar bear?

Well, which is it?

What makes one animal valuable to the environment and another not? Assuming of course the polar bear is really threatened. Birth rates and growing number sort of indicate otherwise but that's a different story.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm done with Yahoo. This is the second time they've run this stupid a#* story, seems they agree, as well as New Scientist magazine.

They are so full of BS!!!!!!
Dogs already offset their so called bogus carbon footprint with
1. Search and Rescue
2.Seeing eyes for the blind
3.Bomb sniffing
4.Drug sniffing
5.Oh and the really impressive.... THEY CAN SMELL CANCER !!!!!!!!
The idiot Yale's can't, and with all the books they publish (killing trees) I think someone should kill them because their Carbon footprint is higher than what they give back.
Their footprints are covered in poo!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Doc Holiday,

Have you ever heard of TNR? I don`t know here you live but where I live when we have an overpopulation of feral cats we contact the local resources who can usually tell you who does TNR which is Trap Neuter Return. Obviously you do not have any problems trapping the cats now all you have to do is get them spayed or neutered and return them. Most organzations that do this will do it for free. Nature will take care or the rest as they die off naturally but are not repopulating. One good organization who you may check out for local resorces is Alley Cat Allies or call the local humane society. Sorry about the rant but the cat gods do reside at my house.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

So let me get this straight...

You caught 20 cats, put them on the park manager's roof and the neighbors took it as a sign from the cat gods?!?!?!

You had to have made that up! People can't really be that dumb... Can they?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join