It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just getting out of control... The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus movie poster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I don't know about you... but some of you ATSers seem to have no problem with these images. You still deny the presence of this Occult /Masonic / Illuminati / Luciferian worship in Hollywood?

Heath Ledger is dead for Christ Sake and they are putting his soul on display like this?

Wow... just wow.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well he did act in the movie after all . . .
Just sayin

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
they want the same thing to happen to the film as batman.

I am wondering if it was suicide, or an easy way to make a couple hundred million more.

I can definatly see the masonic symbolism. in the posters. most people will notice the eye, and think "illuminati.." but will miss the rest

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Heavens to Betsy! that's a lot of masonic symbology!

Eye of Horus/all-seeing eye atop pyramid
checkered floor
arch
initiation

Terry Gilliam must be in on it. I heard him the other day on NPR saying movie-making just comes naturally for him- hmmmmm...

But let's not upset all the ATS masons, this would set their denial-alerts right off.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

I don't know about you... but some of you ATSers seem to have no problem with these images. You still deny the presence of this Occult /Masonic / Illuminati / Luciferian worship in Hollywood?

I'm sure Terry Gilliam would be amused to know he is part of the Mainstream Hollywood conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Much of these symbols are used in magic. They are derived from ancient Egyptian mythology, which goes into... you guessed it magic! It's all about set design.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just wait 'till the next Stallone piece of crapola movie comes out next year....co-starring Brittany Murphy...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Much of these symbols are used in magic. They are derived from ancient Egyptian mythology, which goes into... you guessed it magic! It's all about set design.

Agreed, one would think they would do their homework as much as we do.

I can appreciate the amount of symbolism that is in that poster though. They have been very thorough, and as far as Heath is concerned his Death doesnt not exclude him from being shown dieing in his movies. Cant exactly edit them out because he actually died.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is page 3 of a discussion on Ledger being caught up in their system.
www.davidicke.com...

Apparently this movie also films on the blackfriar bridge which is where Roberto Calvi was hung allegedly by the Italian secret society P2.

Also, that the movie was filmed mostly around London makes me think of the city's rich masonic, powerful history.

Magic or masonic or whatever, your subjecting your children to heavy symbols by taking them to this movie.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Magic or masonic or whatever, your subjecting your children to heavy symbols by taking them to this movie.

Gilliam's visions are rarely meant for children.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I had a chance to view the premiere of the film at the Cannes film festival and that's the first thing that struck me from viewing the film, it almost looks like it was a cultish sending off of Heath Ledger.

The film itself is horrible in my opinion and not due my position on the subliminal messagerie, but just in terms of storyline and pace.

But to get back to your post, yes the symbology is very obvious, and absolutely everywhere in that film.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Conluceo]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
OK, so we got some nice eye candy, typical of DD2029.

And who's behind all this supposedly sinister imagery ? Oops. DD2029 won't say. He never does. He just gives us movie posters, the occasional video, a few conspiracy related buzzwords and that's about it.

Where's the beef ?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

As much as I celebrate his other work, this movie IS intended for general audiences.

Also, Mount Parnassus is where the Oracle of Delphi was located. Its important for other reasons but local worshipers would pilgrimage there and decipher messages from the Oracle.

Aeschylus was one of many Greeks who had been initiated into the Eleusinian Mysteries, a cult to Demeter based in his hometown of Eleusis.[7] As the name implies, members of the cult were supposed to have gained some sort of mystical, secret knowledge. Firm details of the Mysteries' specific rites are sparse, as members were sworn under the penalty of death not to reveal anything about the Mysteries to non-initiates. Nevertheless, according to Aristotle some thought that Aeschylus had revealed some of the cult's secrets on stage.

Now Eleusis is quite far from Delphi but Aeschylus did write about Delphi and the Oracle.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What better way to create a BUZZ about the movie... Put in some material that will mistify people. Not to mention its Ledgers last film. They are gona make a killing off of it. Pun Intended.

These symbols have been used a lot recently, in the main stream and such. Just another way to lure you in for those prized duckets in your pocket.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

ok...

so they have the images...

this bothers people...i'm not sure why..

anyone wanna tell me why it bothers them?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus Trailer HD

The vigilant citizen has also picked up this trailer in his occult video section. The author of this website analyzes symbolism found in architecture, videos and art. His occult video section is more an area for discussion with little input from the author himself, but his reports and analysis of sinister sites are quite insightful.
vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It is a fictional movie after all.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Heaven forbid a creative piece of film use symbolism. Oh why can't they all be simple, like Animal House?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This is just getting out of control... The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus movie poster

I have to agree with Mr. Penny - what is art - after all?

I'm more interested to hear - other than just identifying what you believe to be symbolism - what do you think the message is?

it would be almost impossible to not see the symbolism - it's how we are

if it wasn't Masonic (to some) it would be something else. Sometimes it means something - other times it means absolutely nothing

also curious- why do you think this out of control?

is it the symbolism you considier to be out of control - or the fact that the movie was finished and is now being promoted - even after the death of Heath Ledger?

I can understand why some would see it as offensive - or disrespectful

but the man was an actor - this is what he did

it would be like putting away the creative work of any artist and never letting anyone see it again once they're gone - out of respect

no - we should see his work - we should see him - watch him do his stuff

that's a better way to send him off I think

I haven't seen the film, but I love Gilliam - and yeah - there is definitely going to be some symbolism

:-)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Heaven forbid a creative piece of film use symbolism. Oh why can't they all be simple, like Animal House?

No.... why can't every movie be like EYES WIDE SHUT?

Why can't we all get to see more Satanic Rituals in films these days?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join