It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax found in dead heroin user from Glasgow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have contacts that work in the field in Glasgow and this was the street news last weekend. Rumours (unconfirmed) were that 2 users had contracted anthrax ( Unfortunatly now confirmed), also it was on the street that both were immigrants.

Can I just add that the drugs barons in Glasgow will deal with the source a lot quicker than the authorities or health board. Afterall, its there trade that will take a beating.

Respects

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That's a quick way to eliminate your heroin using population.

Where did that thought come from .

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wonder if the recent chaos in Ukraine was a smoke screen to smuggle this stuff through Europe.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash

Why on earth would a foreign government attack another country's heroin addicts and vagrants? Imagine if China killed all America's street-people. (as a random example) Would that weaken the country or upset the government?
, rather than getting upset they'd huff and puff a bit, while breathing a sigh of relief that the problem had been taken care of.

Qui Bono?

Isn't it obvious?

UK pays a lot for health care, just as all Western govts do.

You answered your own question...

I asked why a foreign government would attack another country this way, not why a government would kill off their own druggies and homeless.

That's already an obvious reason for this with The Big Stage on in Glasgow.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What other factors?
A famous or high ranking person who is a heroine addict or associates with a heroine addict that will turn up dead? (kind of like the Tiger Woods scandal which was about the Dubai golf course actually)
A message from one powerful person to another? (intergovernmental threats)
Exposure of corruption? (drug kingpins sending a message to the government)
Genocide? (too easy)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Where does most of the heroin come from afghanistan.
littlegreenfootballs.com...
www.springerlink.com...
abcnews.go.com...
www.hvk.org...

What better way to test if your anthrax is any good and going to work.
Just add a little to your next shipment of heroin.

Then all AQ has to do is lesson to the news or internet and they will find out if the batch was good.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Where does most of the heroin come from afghanistan.
littlegreenfootballs.com...
www.springerlink.com...
abcnews.go.com...
www.hvk.org...

What better way to test if your anthrax is any good and going to work.
Just add a little to your next shipment of heroin.

Then all AQ has to do is lesson to the news or internet and they will find out if the batch was good.

That was my thought too.
Looks like the Christmas threat is still on.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You're right. My bad, a little on edge lately, y'know?

All apologies.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Any more death reports or is this being brushed under the carpet?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
sorry. duplicate post.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
II also thought that anthrax was kinda tough to get?
If so, it has to be something out of the ordinary.

Well the weaponised stuff would be real hard to get, and impossible to make without a hi tec lab and scientists etc - it's getting the spores produced at just the right size so that it can be used as a weapon (dispersed in the air)...

But you can get anthrax spores in the wild, they could of been picked up accidentally - in the old days farmers who were ploughing up a field that had hoofed animals in it previously, even years previous, occasionally developed anthrax from breathing in spores that were in the soil. I've no idea how it got into a junkies needle but it could be accidental.

edit: Also I'm no expert but the process of preparing the heroin for injection involves heat - I would of thought anthrax spores would be a bad choice for poisoning the drug - the heat would probably destroy the spores... That makes me think it was the needle it's self that was infected somehow - and that means it's more likely to be accidental...

[edit on 19/12/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah, junkies usually hang out in the woods near woodchuck holes where natural anthrax abounds.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I believe its snorted more nowadays, than injected, but I have no real idea just what I see on the streets/bars.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I don't think it's snorted - it would be injected or smoked off tin foil (both methods require the drug to be heated by a flame - commonly called 'cooking up') the amounts actually taken are very small and it's way too easy to overdose by snorting I think you will find.

Also heroin is not a 'bar' type drug at all, that's coke and amphetamines among others - they are commonly snorted or in some pill form.

[edit on 19/12/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Heroin doesn't have to be cooked up.. a lot of people do, but not always.
And also to the poster above me.. snorting it doesn't make it easier to overdose than injecting it.. vice versa. And injection is still the most common/preferred method still.

I would like to say if this is true.. if this becomes wide spread it would most certainly be the government, as cliche as that sounds, no drug dealer would do this and shut down their business, the supplier or grower would do this ( middle easterners) because that would be the end of their funds, BUT what better way to keep middle eastern countries (afghanistan) from getting their funding than scare people off of their dope.

obvious.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by GogoVicMorrow]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Actually this would be a brilliant play on the behalf of the government, crazy, but brilliant. If it's fairly isolated, its a local wacko, if it goes widespread its bigger. Think, scare the hell out of junkies, the Taliban loses a lot of their funding (as i'm sure the EU and America are their biggest heroin conumers) then the junkies who have nowhere else to turn, help out pharma by going methadone and suboxone.

brilliant.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
no drug dealer would do this and shut down their business, the supplier or grower would do this ( middle easterners) because that would be the end of their funds

Fard ayn, yes indeed there would be an interest in killing non-muslim druggies if the word was given. But morw importantly this would send a strong message of infiltration and this very well could have been a dry run. Part of the plan is to destroy first responders, so putting anthrax into hospitals and morgues creates contamination. If doctors are killed off and there is massive casualty then there are complications.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There's now 6 people affected with anthrax in Glasgow.

3 have died.

Another anthrax case confirmed in Glasgow

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Scotland and Glasgow are junkie land. The amount of heroin users is absurd. How anthrax was used to bulk up heroin i have no idea, i wouldn't cry out it's the evil government just yet. Granted it is the first time i have ever heard of it being found in heroin and not something likely to happen without it being intentional. If it is a whole batch that has been contaminated expect alot of deaths. Strange story...

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Looks like the Christmas threat is still on.

I've been looking all over for this post and the date. It's coming from many angles. Anthrax, Time Square, CIA targeted in Afghanistan, India chemical plant, threat in Bali, shooter in Finland. hmmmmm. Seems like a kick-off party. This is very interesting. Thanks for the updates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join