It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax found in dead heroin user from Glasgow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

How dare, you. I am scottish, I have never took any illegal drug in my life. So quit sayin all of scotland are junkies oks, you ignoramise. Not all those is glasgow are junkies either. So shut the hell up, you do not even know what the frak you are on about idiot.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Some more information on this

Health officials believe contaminated heroin - thought to be responsible for cases of anthrax in Glasgow - may be circulating elsewhere in Scotland. It comes after the death of two more drug users with the infection in Glasgow and Tayside. A total of 11 cases have now been confirmed in Tayside, Glasgow and Lanarkshire with five fatalities. Test results are being awaited from a female patient in Fife who is currently under investigation for anthrax. The 11 confirmed cases of anthrax occurred in a male patient in NHS Tayside, three male patients in NHS Lanarkshire and four men and three women in NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde. Health officials believe that contaminated heroin or a contaminated cutting agent mixed with the heroin may be responsible for the infections. Dr Colin Ramsay, consultant epidemiologist at Health Protection Scotland, said: "Evidence now suggests that potentially contaminated heroin may be in circulation in other parts of Scotland, not just the Glasgow area. "All heroin users need to be aware of the risks contaminated heroin is potentially dangerous taken by any route, not just injection. "I would advise heroin users to stop using heroin and seek advice from local harm reduction and drug services for support."
Source: RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
Can't link directly to the update page, so use the "Situation Update" link at the top of the page.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Mekanic]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
France has tainted heroine now. 8 dead.
Apparently it is normal for anthrax to be in poppy products since it's an agricultural purification thing. Not the first time in history this has happened.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
how about Ft.Dietrich,MD bio labs,mixed with some of the CIA`s Afghan heroin

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The percentage of heroin users in Scotland is massive compared to other countries, maybe i should have chosen my words more carefully. And im scottish btw.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical1
how about Ft.Dietrich,MD bio labs,mixed with some of the CIA`s Afghan heroin

Actually the agriculture in Afghanistan has a natural abundance of anthrax on the farms in the soil. It comes from untanned animal skins and other sources. So it's quite possible it was just a tainted batch of heroine.
If it was intentional then it would also have to come from the region because they don't ship it from Afg to Ft Deitrich and then to the streets. Unless you are suggesting that someone infiltrated the afghanistan drug farms and instead of shutting down the operation they tainted the drugs which doesn't really make sense in logistics.
Benazir Bhutto and others have huge agricultural investment in the region, if you look up the drug lords they are wealthy and hang in Europe. The world doesn't really revolve around the US.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Well it looks like this is still an issue...

The first case in London was confirmed yesterday, and the user was in hospital receiving treatment.

"Similarities to the cases in Scotland suggest that the heroin, or a contaminated cutting agent mixed with the heroin, is the likely source of infection," a spokesman for the HPA said.

Last month, the French health ministry issued a warning about contaminated heroin, noting the Scottish cases and one other case in Germany, and saying the drug could also be circulating in other European countries.

Another case in London, one in Germany and warnings in France.

I'm starting to think this is a bit deliberate... The reasons for that I don't know, it could be one supplier tainting another supply, it could be a warning, or it could be someone with a real problem with smack heads.

Of course it could still be accidental? - possibly a batch that has somehow spilt up to cover various parts of Europe?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Here is a link to RSOE EDIS from a few days ago about possible anthrax in Pakistan, there are sheep dying there. I also read on the same site that day about the cases in Germany, but now there are no alerts left about the heroin. I was sure I bookmarked that as well, but I can't seem to find it.

edit on 24-9-2012 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
that's extremely interesting on many levels, because it shows that these drugs can apparently be laced with bioweapons.....

now what was it again about the correlation between AIDS and IVDUs? look no further.

Exactly, what if those bastard drug makers loved the money but at the same time thought that all users were low scum? Maybe they put it in the stuff to kill a few low users. I don't personally think drug users are anything but sick people who need care. Although they do commit a lot of crimes to get it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

That would be a novel way to get rid of the drug-using population.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join