It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did god create so many different religons?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
based on the first post on this thread and the posts that came of it all i have to say about it is.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/633298375b5a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
God doesn't create religions, Man does in his attempt to justify his lack of understanding of God.

If Jesus or Muhammad or Buddha returned to Earth this very moment, they'd probably be horrified at the twisted and bizarre diversity of religions and the screwed-up legions of followers.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I must agree that God had nothing to do with the creation of the variety of religion, it is the work of man. While there are many threads that are the same, the variety is due to the isolation of each culture. We have a common origin, call it the garden or whatever you choose, and these various ways of seeing and worshiping the creator sprang from that original source.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
On the other hand it would be interesting if we had a few more pages of people saying
"God didn't make religion man did"

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
based on the first post on this thread and the posts that came of it all i have to say about it is.

YEAH !!! I AGREEE!!!!! Belated thanks !

This ‘wantsome’ character posts a broad-based philosophical question and expects answers. How dare they come to a place like ATS?!

An obvious “TROLL” if there was ever one. Thanks for pointing that out self-anointed troll defender!

Also, thanks for pointing out to the rest of us dummy-dum heads that tried to respond in a reasoned manner. We fell for the baited question and ended up as just stupid victims of a “TROLL”!. If only we had the sense to avoid the trap like you did! You were so wise to do so. Of course, that didn’t stop you from interjecting anything useful other than your benevolent and enlightened admonishments to those that fell prey to the “TROLL” to tell us how dumb we all were. Alas, too late, too late…

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

calm down little buddy, im sitting here laughing i thought the whole thing was funny.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naeem82
god didnt make the religions power hungry men did

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
On the other hand it would be interesting if we had a few more pages of people saying
"God didn't make religion man did"

Yes, it's much more intelligent to sit up here in the press box and laugh at the masses — HAR HAR HAR! Look at them down there, giving answers that were solicited! They look like ants! Not like US up here on our lofty thrones.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
Tell that to the 4 billion retards.

We have many of those retards here in America, who like to call themselves 'true Christians.'

And, what does a 'true Christian' want?

He wants his god to come down, kill the 'bad guys,' appoint himself king over his own creation, and rule them for ever.

This is the so-called 'true Christian's' sad belief.

According to these brainwashed tools, people didn't treat their neighbors well, until the creator had to come down and personally tell them to do so.

Your fantasy about Christians is interesting, but blatently igonorant and stupid to boot.
You shouldn't mince words, just come right out and say you declare war on any religious person or christian; Many of the Romans did that.
The only problem I see for you is what you will get in the end for your effort against Christains. Right now your campaign against religion lacks any coherent material, just your personal tirade of drivel that sounds like it is coming from the mouth of a child.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Ok, I admit: it is funny. Anything to do with us slugs making conjectures about the nature of God is. But that's part of the tragi-comedy of being human. Just let us participate if we want without admonishment.

Please don't be one of those internet party crashers. Be better than that.

If we want to indulge in pointless speculation - then let us. Don't tell us that we're laughing at a joke that has no punchline. We know it. We willingly particpate. That hapens in real life and also in the electronic ether. It's part of being human. If you think the joke is stupid then move on to a better one - just don't pronounce judgment on anyone for laughing.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
God didn't create any religions, man did.

Second line.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Boards full of people who read every post don't create repetitive threads.
Boards full of people with ADD do.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

If there is a God (singular), then He created everything, even the bits he delegated to the Sons and Daughters of Adam. So yes, He created all those religions. Why? Better ask Him.

Don't go holding your breath waiting for an answer.

If there is a God.

If there is not, then it would be true to say that religions created themselves. And continue to maintain themselves and flourish, using human beings both as labour and as raw material.

No religion exists for the benefit of mankind. They exist only for themselves.

And when enough of us have woken up and realized it, religion will die. Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

To show us how important religion is. The eventual outcome of all the hatred being spewed forth from various groups will lead to a deeper understanding of true sprituality. Capitulation will take place one day and it will be determined that mankind must make its own rules to live by and not be dependent on any source other than that which serves us all equally.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777

Originally posted by wantsome

To divide and conquer.

Just like what happened at the Tower of Babel, eh?

If there is a God, He must be pretty scared of us.

See the Book of Job for more evidence.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Naeem82

I'll second that..

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Why did god create so many different religons? I'm just wondering what the general consensus is on this question.

Lmao, well some would say it didn't. It created humans, many sorts of humans, and it's they who created religion.

One for each reason to kill.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
oliveoil you ask many non intelligent questions. He said "true christian". Does one have to provide full definitions of every word one posts?

One must or one shall be criticised for one should never generalise, should one?!

Who let the queen in, eh!?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I agree with a bunch of people here. The way I look at it, God gave us so many paths because He loves us and wants us to find Him in Spirit, whatever the external manifestations. But somehowm we stupid humans end up bickering over meaningless extenialities for the most part and take ourselves even farther from Him than ever.

What kind of demented psychospirital nonsense is this? Shouldn't we long since have outgrown that sort of parochialism? And yet people continue to slaughter each other over meaningless, foolish questions. If we are too dumb to understand, then at least can't we just throw ourselves into Love? What could be simpler?

We must be dragged down by some horrible atavistic instinct that probably served our survival needs well at some point but is now destroying us. Lot of that going round in many directions these days. My two cents. *shrug*

[edit on 12/11/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I agree with a bunch of people here. The way I look at it, God gave us so many paths because He loves us and wants us to find Him in Spirit, whatever the external manifestations. But somehowm we stupid humans end up bickering over meaningless extenialities for the most part and take ourselves even farther from Him than ever.

What kind of demented psychospirital nonsense is this? Shouldn't we long since have outgrown that sort of parochialism? And yet people continue to slaughter each other over meaningless, foolish questions. If we are too dumb to understand, then at least can't we just throw ourselves into Love? What could be simpler?

We must be dragged down by some horrible atavistic instinct that probably served our survival needs well at some point but is now destroying us. Lot of that going round in many directions these days. My two cents. *shrug*

[edit on 12/11/09 by silent thunder]

I think it's a lack of listening to our natural instincts that is destroying us. A lot of that has to do with religion as well as certain actions that arise instinctively are condemned by religions. Religions would rather us bottle up certain emotions that come up under certain circumstances and if we follow those religions, then we need to heed those teachings just to get that magical little reward when we die. Bottle something up for so long, and you get one messed up crazy nutter who was nutty enough for following a superstitious religion already.

Then we add in the whole extinctionalist aspect of religions where the reward is always achieved through the end, never during the here and now. So many religious nutters are so focused on that magical end reward that comes through death. It kind of takes away from the moral teachings of those religions as the followers are only being good to achieve rewards after death rather than being good because it is the right thing to do. How can a religious nutter say he is truly good when he is only good because he has to be to get his 72 virgins or see his dead family in a blissful afterlife.

The monotheist nutters are the main reason we're in this whole mess. Before they came onto the scene, all those polytheists were getting along pretty decently, only fighting over territory which is a natural instinct and understandable. Yet these God fruitcakes come along and start preaching such a good message of being good, but if you don't follow their God they slit your throat. The monotheistic religions have committed so many atrocities that it's surprising it has even survived to this day, but then again there are not many free thinking people who have enough common sense in them to see thing's properly around them.

The monotheistic folks are so quick to convert and preach how great their God is and how much he loves us all if we just open our hearts and let him enter it. If conversion fails, then hypocritically to their own teachings, they'll slander you, insult you, call you a troll, do whatever they can in an attempt to make you feel low and insignificant. These God people are the world's most dangerous hypocrites, so much so that we *should* have a law against their religion, that it should be abolished.

They're the only one's who kill others over superstitious beliefs in such large numbers. They're only a popular religion today because they murdered and committed genocides yesterday. We have sciences in a near stand still, because it's bad to do stem cell research, but A-OK to snipe an abortionist. They're priorities and judgment are so screwed up, the wrong things are so important to them, and everything that is truly good is bad. I honestly think these nutters are psychotic and should be institutionalized.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join