It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

The American Department of Defense said that Roswell was a weather balloon, amongst other things. Do we believe that too?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

sorry phage, this looks nothing like the norway one.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Things that spin while ejecting stuff make spirals.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Sorry Coffinman. It does.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Edit: nvm still on the fence here

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Thill]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Erasurehead

Witch hunting at its best.
No, someone else posted it and I re-posted it because I didn't get an explanation. If it is a hoax, it is a hoax. I was just asking a question. Which I have a right to.

Yes you have the right to just like I have the right to question your sources. Find a link yet? Did they provide a link from where you reposted from? If not then the picture you posted means nothing.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

if you can prove to me that the moscow one is a failed missle test, which you cant. the spiral in that video is moving, the one in norway isnt moving, it just sits there. the vapor the mocow one leaves is straight... the norway one isnt... and unfortunately the moscow one doesnt show it long enough to see if it implodes into a black hole. while similar, they are not the same thing.. it proves nothing.

link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
Hold on a minute.

From the wiki page on the RSM-56 Bulava:

Engine three stage solid propellant

I think this has escaped everyones attention until now? How can we explain the blue spiral thats supposedely rocket fuel leaking from a booster, if the fuel is solid propellant?

Wiki is inconsistent [typo corrected] with Russian military official reports that the third stage is liquid. also, even solid stages have some compressed gas activated or hydrazine powered systems.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by JimOberg]

link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
Hold on a minute.

From the wiki page on the RSM-56 Bulava:

Engine three stage solid propellant

I think this has escaped everyones attention until now? How can we explain the blue spiral thats supposedely rocket fuel leaking from a booster, if the fuel is solid propellant?

Then again, I know next to nothing about this. How solid is solid proppelant? Could it still account for the blue spiral plume? Consulting en.wikipedia.org... has told me that the fuel is in the form of grains. Could grains explain that effect? How fine would these grains be? And how light? Would they fall, or remain in suspension?

Damm, so many questions.

Anyone? Havent seen this brought up.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just had a scary thought. What if what where seeing are a new type of weapons? One which can create a mini black holes that rapidly decay? If it is man made then the one thing that I'm stringing together from all the pics and vids is that the rocket (if that's what it is) is using some new propulsion system, dare I say Particle accelerator? Then what is being seen is a dispersion of the material that is causing the spiral that leads to an expanding black circle. I'm really hoping that this event is alien related and not what I've mentioned above.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hmm I see, so maybe its not solid at all.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Why are you such a(Snip). I was merely asking a question, and you are going on a crusade where you just have to slam me for something or another. Calm down. Seriously.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by asala]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikhart

The third stage is a liquid propellant rocket.
rusnavy.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Compare the VIDEO to a VIDEO of the Norway event, not to long exposure photos of the event that are unrealistic of what was actually seen by the naked eye.

Compare videos from the Norway event to the video phage posted.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Okay... one more time... Take a look at these videos and the pictures below and see the effects of missiles. Can you see similarities?

MHO... It is a missile... pics show why I think it's one.

Originally posted by x2Strongx

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f27fc5514868.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d738f7eaad4f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/173cda16f912.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5399d73c6355.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3235ed8082f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d032261709b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/428295f76c45.jpg[/atsimg]
Source:

This thread and debate was fun for a while. But I done... I'm just done. I can't contribute any further energy towards this thread. See ya, somewhere else on ATS!!!

Amazing Phage... they aren't even listening to you. Never thought I would see the day.

Edit to place in source.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by x2Strongx]

[edit on 12/10/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have no trouble associating the spiral with the missile launch -- because we've seen spirals before.

i still DO have a lot of trouble associating the spiral with the third stage malfunction -- because we've seen spirals before on orbital missions that turned out successful.

I'm hearing claims that spinning the third stage is NORMAL for a number of reasons. Gyroscopic stability for one. Decoy deployment for another. Defense against energy weapons (eg, a US anti-missile laser on an aircraft or AEGIS below, or a satellite above for a third.

I suspect that this sighting and these detailed images are being excitedly studied within US intelligence circles to assess the vaunted ABM-countermeasures that the Russians have advertised the missile incorporates.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A successful ballistic missile test

Condcuted at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The strange glow is the result of the condensations and expansion of unburned solid fuel particles and the water in the missile trail.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
No Name Calling Please!!

Agree to Disagree and disagree politely please.

carry on....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
this is a failed missile test... see the boom boom

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right, incorrect information then.

But that only brings up another question. If what we are seeing is the failure of the third stage booster of the bulava missile, why are we seeing

a) a blue spiral being left behind

b) a white spiral

Shouldnt the effect be consistent? Is the third stage not the final propellant casing of the rocket? How can it make two kinds of distinct effects? Isnt the final stage designed to be free fall from a very high altitude?

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join