It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashed saucer on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Have a look at this web page....absolutely intriguing!

www.bild.de...

MH

[edit on 6/12/2009 by martinhuyton]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Um, you link is broken. Your IQ is now 166

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by martinhuyton

First off fix the link.

Second, Add a bit more to the post as in what is your opinion. These types of threads are kind of useless and take up bandwidth.

IMHO

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Le Colonel.......That made me laugh. I don't know what's happening with the link but, I will keep trying to sort it out.

MH

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was hoping you would see the humor in it. Fix the link please. Me likey UFO stuff

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

OK, I have provided a new link which works.

There is very little I can say about this picture except things like that don't belong on Mars unless the planet has been visited. The symmetry of that object is too precise for it to be a rock but there is nothing on the surface of Mars other than rocks????

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Found a new source I see, ANW are banned round these parts...for very good reason too!

Now, the picture to me doesn't look all too convincing especially when we see a full sized (but still very small) shot showing the rovers tracks right next to it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e288e132b1b.png[/atsimg]

Here's a shot of spirit on the planet earth, note the humanoid standing next to it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89ae83ba5fe4.png[/atsimg]

It's tiny!

[edit on 6/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I saw that photo some time ago. How it could be called a crashed "saucer" I fail to understand.. but then again, anyone who calls it a "natural formation" has seriously been drinking their bath water.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Now this does look interesting ... cant wait to here what folks have to say about this one. But I'll be watching eagerly

Woody

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

They are teeny tiny aliens.

Apparently when Aliens reach a certain level of high technology that enables them to traverse the galaxy they also develop the unexplainable ability to crash their high tech spacecrafts on alien planets.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Chadwickus....you're correct, the object is very small so, having seen your picture with the rover's tracks I think we can safely assume that the mystery object is not a flying saucer. Whatever it is, it aint no rock so what's it doing on Mars?

MH

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I think you'll need to find the original and subsequent rover images to make that kind of assumption.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Saucer? Symmetry?
What?
It could be the hyper-directional time-space focusing omni-processor.

You can get the full (and I mean full) size version of the panorama here:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

A stereo version is here:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't see anything that resembles a saucer in that photo, but, on the rover picture compared to the mars photo I have a question. Where did the other rover track go? If you look at the pic of the rover and the tire width, you can see the tires have a distinct tread pattern, which I don't see in the mars photo, but better still, there is only one track, not two. What's up with that? When did the rover become a unicycle?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It does seem small to me also but I have revised my thinking regarding size. I started to look at the word "alien" and think that it is just that, not anything like human. Many theories address, or mention, size but size should not be a factor. In the extreme, a technologically advanced race could be 8 inches tall as well as 8 feet tall.

What is interesting is that a race that is 8 inches tall may be be thinking that Voyager must be a fake because no one could be 6 feet tall.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Where did the other rover track go?

That question reveals the bigger mystery. One, that mark doesn't look like a "tire track"....it looks more like a "drag mark". Two, the Rover has a total of six wheels.....three on each side, roughly 48" apart. I see one distinct "trail" and no corresponding semi-parallel track.

How was that drag mark created?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by martinhuyton
things like that don't belong on Mars unless the planet has been visited.

Funny you should say that, 'cause Mars has been visited. We humans (and I use that term loosely) have visited Mars by proxy several times. I know it would be a staggering coincidence, but someday, a photo will be received showing something we dragged up there and lost.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Spirit's right front wheel became inoperative some time ago. The rover now (well, did..) drives in reverse, dragging the right wheel. In the full sized image of the panorama both tracks are visible, as is the difference between them.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah ha! Thank you very much. That picture shows even better the relative tiny-ness of the object in the OP>

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
People say they don't see a saucer. I see it. if you look closely the saucer shape is made up of a broken ring shape.

I don't think it's alien technology. I do think this formation could have been created by shifting and blowing sands around a rock that is still mostly buried. We are only seeing parts of the top of the rock that has been uncovered thus making it look like a circle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join