It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Cheney to Americans - Terrorist, Al Qaeda, Taliban, September 11, Terrorism, 9/11, Pakistan,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
30,000 troops will be sent to Afghanistan totaling the number of US soldiers to around 100,000 for 100 Al Qaeda terrorists. Many of these 30,000 troops will not return home. The blood of these soldiers and the pain of their family and friends will be on Obama's hands. I hope people are happy now that he got the Noble Peace Prize award. Yes We Can.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Epitaph25]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Epitaph25]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I didn't think he was going to pull the troops out for a long time, it would leave a great security threat. Additional troops are sent to support those already there, so more soldiers don't die.

Now can, an army defeat Al Qaeda/Taliban in the area in which they are fighting, I'm not sure. I think the closest thing we will get to resolving this more quicker would be to:

Stike a deal with more conservative members of these groups
Make sure funding does not get to them
More focus on altering there public's opinion to more democratic ways
Put more funding in to local police

etc.

Not sure if it would work, just ideas, sure most of them are already being done.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodLuckCharm

I still think people do not get it.

Their is no getting everyone in the world to follow our way of life.

Leave everyone alone and mind our own damn business.

If anyone attacks us again, destroy the ONE's behind it and anyone that financed them.

reply-but the Taliban were behind it.

I thought it was Al Queda?

reply-well the Taliban are harboring them.

Oh, so give me the names of the people or country we are at war with.

reply-well we do not have the names and we are really not at war per se.

This is a JOKE! On us, the US citizens and all of the other countries of the world. We can use anything now to push our agenda.

ANYTHING.

Pre-emptive war is immoral and WRONG. This is called the BUSH DOCTRINE. The Obama Admin is doing the exact same thing as all of the other asshat Admins have done.

GO WAR! GO RENDITION! GO PRE-EMPTIVE INCARCERATION!

Sorry for my rant, I am an emotional type fellow.

edit to change are to our duhhh

[edit on 12/4/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
As I said on another thread about this topic;what did you really expect Obama to do with Afghanistan? he's doing the bidding of the Terrorism/Industrial Complex and big oil we are not leaving the region anytime soon,folks not with all those untapped deposits of oil and natural gas they have over there.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Fair play, Its all debate, if we can't talk about things then we have nothing, your not being emotional, just passionate (or both), whatever it is, it's fine with me.

I don't know enough to comment too confidently on the whole situation and what is happening at the moment.

I guess the troops could pull out if the security thread could be dealt with another way, I agree war is obviously immoral and wrong in many cases, but what has happened has happened, we can only move forward and I still don't think (realistically) that troops will be pulled out any time soon.

What do you think would happen if the majority of the troops were pulled out in say 6 months?

Another question is there any info on who is financing the Taliban/Al Queda? I looked, and read it could be the drugs, intimidation of farmers, farmers earning money from troops paying for food and then sympathizing with the Taliban.

BTW: I am anti-war. I'm just trying to be realistic, ideally the troops would be out quick, but it seems that is not going to happen.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by GoodLuckCharm]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
As someone who served in Iraq, I am puzzled? If we are at war, then go to war, if not, pull the toops out. There is no such thing as winning hearts and minds or building a political structure. Any idiot who goes into war believeing those things can be acomplished has never picked up a history book, whether it be Bush or Obama. All wars are won in one simple way; complete destruction of all hope for your enemy.

In WW2 we did not bomb only specific military targets in tokyo, we killed a hundred thousand people, then dropped two bombs and killed a hundred thousand more. While horrific in nature, thats how you win a war, war is horrific in nature, and only supposed to be used as a last resort.

If Obama or Bush believed we were at war, we would not need toops, they could bomb the living S@#$ out of whatever country we are supposed to be at war with. Then when enough people died you would not have a taliban or al queada because the people would now fear us more than terrorists. Sadly that would never happen because our politicians fear of not being re-elected prevents them from making any significant descision.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I don't understand why this thread begins with Barack? sure he is sending more troops, to a War which has it's origins which are questionable, but never forget who first started all this, not counting the questionable Al Qaeda link, it was the Bush administration, Obama is just trying to finish a job handed to him when he took office.

If he all of a sudden decided ok lets stop and remove all the troops, he would be battered and called a coward, Soldiers there on the ground are and have been screaming for more help, he sends it, gets ridiculed for it.

Sorry I believe this is another one of those bash Obama threads under trying to disguise itself as something else.

It would have all been over if Rumsfeld had let them catch Osama, which has been reported recently, so if truth be known, this is all his fault, but would it end if Osama was caught or discovered to be dead? maybe he is dead and they are hiding it from everyone, I believe they know exactly where he is, dead or alive, it's just more convenient to keep the search going, when the truth comes out about the whole deal, then we will understand everything.

The whole deal stinks.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I don't understand why this thread begins with Barack? sure he is sending more troops, to a War which has it's origins which are questionable, but never forget who first started all this, not counting the questionable Al Qaeda link, it was the Bush administration, Obama is just trying to finish a job handed to him when he took office.

If he all of a sudden decided ok lets stop and remove all the troops, he would be battered and called a coward, Soldiers there on the ground are and have been screaming for more help, he sends it, gets ridiculed for it.

Sorry I believe this is another one of those bash Obama threads under trying to disguise itself as something else.

It would have all been over if Rumsfeld had let them catch Osama, which has been reported recently, so if truth be known, this is all his fault, but would it end if Osama was caught or discovered to be dead? maybe he is dead and they are hiding it from everyone, I believe they know exactly where he is, dead or alive, it's just more convenient to keep the search going, when the truth comes out about the whole deal, then we will understand everything.

The whole deal stinks.

Sorry to break your heart, but there is absolutely no difference between Bush and Obama when it comes to foreign policy. Both are slaves to the military industrial complex, and love to be cheer leaders for wars.

new topics

top topics

join