It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Saddam Hussein do to become a terrorist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm wondering what did Saddam Hussein do to become a terrorist? Why did America claim from all of the sudden he was a terrorist (i know why because out jackass president wanted oil [jackass means donkey])

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
HE had a country full of oil which he did not want to share with the americans......

Oh by the way, most of his so called WMD's were sold to him by the UK and America.
AS you all probably know this anyway..

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh and that George Bush Snr, wanted his son to finish the job he did not finish himself....

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh we all know that, and he doesnt have to share his oil if doesnt want to...lol

Edit: I agree with you colec156

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not the way American big guns see it..
If someone or some country has something America wants and is not willing to share trade etc you will find that any American govt will set sanctions on the country in question to get it to cave in to their demands..
AS America's Oil reserves are fast running out, it had to look for another viable sorce.
America was bulit on the oil Industry, just think what could happen if america could not get its hands on enough oil, what would happen to america as the only super power, It would end up like Russia, having to sell much of its Wepons technology to other countries..

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow.
Misinformed, are we?

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5

Yeah.
All about the oil, huh?

C'mon.

-B.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How about paying 50K Dollars for ever sucide bomber in Palestine, also the numerous Terrorist Camps that were in IRAQ.

www.insightmag.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.news24.com...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
He funded Suicide bombers in Palestine.
Allowed Terrorists to train in his country.
Not to mention, the internal terror he inflicted on his own populace.
If we really wanted the oil, it would be OURS NOW, and it's not.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Banshee, you Rock!

Have you ever seen the Documentary "Uncle Saddam"?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, technically, he wasnt a terrorsist. He was a tyrant. He killed LOTS of his own people. Not only with typical "grab you out of your own home" tactics, but with WMDs. He gassed the curds in the north and ruled with fear and oppression. He had spies everywhere in his country and people would turn on each other and all it took was one finger point from a civilian who said someone did something wrong and they would be taken off and executed. He ran his country very much like Hitler did in that respect when it came to the jewish people.
The current administration used the WMD excuse to invade, but they had other reasons as well. He broke many UN resolutions after the first gulf war, and made all of his neighbors suspicious that he still had them by not complying with the UN. An rather stupid move on his behalf.

Now however, Iraq is the current front on terrorism, because that is where the majority of our troops are. And that is where extriemists will go in order to fight them.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Banshee, you Rock!
Have you ever seen the Documentary "Uncle Saddam"?

Thank you, I try.
No, I haven't seen this documentary. I've heard of it, though....gonna have to see if I can get my hands on a copy.

See, here's the thing.
People have these preconceived notions of what went on over in Iraq. They don't do their homework, don't research the issues....they don't know the truth. It's like a herd mentality, really, and it's kind of sad. They blindly believe a concept or idea because a bunch of other people say it's true.

They're the same people who love to sling the term "sheeple" at everyone who disagrees with their poorly-thought out and ill-researched wacky ideas.

So who's the sheep here?

-B.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

He funded Suicide bombers in Palestine.
Allowed Terrorists to train in his country.
Not to mention, the internal terror he inflicted on his own populace.
If we really wanted the oil, it would be OURS NOW, and it's not.

Nice ! You hit the target 100 % !

HANI HANJOUR : www.trackingthethreat.com...

You see, we don't need Saddam or Ossama to prove that you are passing secret messages to terrorists network !

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nans,

WOW!
How subliminal of me..

Banshee,

I really recommend you get hold of the Video, It's on Amazon for 10 bucks.
It was shot by a French Free-Lance journalist. Saddams Megalomania shines thru!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh yes. Forgot tht he killed hundreds of innocent people.
That idiot.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
another thing i found a bit dodgy about this was the use of illegal weapons.
the un or somthing placed the rule that missiles could only have a 95 mile range or somthing along the lines of that.
yet when the war started income the scud missiles and these things should have exeded the range set by a long way.

another one of these lil sanctions broken by using things he said he didnt have

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
AD, your original post was very offensive and ignorant. Do you think you can communicate without saying something like "Our jackass president wants oil"?
Hussein is a terrorist because his Baath party is affiliated with terrorists, trained terrorists, supported terrorists logistically and with intel.

Because you have down a poor job at keeping up with current events for the last handful of years is a poor excuse to try and insult a man who is far superior in intellect than you, no matter how average he really is.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I love the attitude of Sadam - hes innocent - we in europe didnt do anything once and 3 million Jews died - Isolationist policies might soothe some hearts but some of us vowed NEVER again would we let a tyrant behave this way. If America would like to play the world stage then it must accept its responsibilities - good or bad - and taking a bad man down is one of the best things - it is shortsighted too believe that appeasing Hussain would have led to good times and peace. Its a shame that the son had to finish his weak fathers work.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Silk,

Bush 1 was impeded by the UN, and by some Coalition members,
The job was to GET IRAQ out of KUWAIT.

Bush 2 could not wait for the UN to enforce it's OWN resolutions,
so instead of cowtowing to the UNneeded Nations, we formed our own coalition.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Silk,

Bush 1 was impeded by the UN, and by some Coalition members,
The job was to GET IRAQ out of KUWAIT.

Bush 2 could not wait for the UN to enforce it's OWN resolutions,
so instead of cowtowing to the UNneeded Nations, we formed our own coalition.

Out of Kuwait why? Doesn't Kuwait still have a dictator in charge? Or is it different because he's our dictator? And we attacked Iraq for not adhering to UN resolutions by... not adhering to UN resolutions. Saddam was a jerk, no doubt. But let's not sugarcoat the reasons why the US went after that jerk.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Come on, you know the war is about oil. Everybody does. Banshee and thomas crowne especially.
Saddam has done nothing to require a U.S. invasion except live over oil. Israel has violated way more U.N. sanctions than Iraq ever did. Of course the U.S. vetos them.
You should stop towing the stupid line and realize what is obvious. Oil, Oil, Oil,.
Heck, the bush administration tried to cut a deal with the taliban in the begining of their ineptitude. Dont play ball your an enemy.
Of course they failed in that deal like all others,now they dont like them.
This entire assault on Iraq is about oil. You know it, I know it, Every one knows it.
Quit towing the line, its over and your guy lost.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join