It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Saddam Hussein do to become a terrorist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
First off, I want to apologize to AD for coming across a bit on the smug side. I would ask AD to read more before saying such things.

First off, to make it clear, in case some weren't around or old enough to know what happened in '91, the coalition was restricted by the U.N. resolutions in regard to what it could do, how far it could go. Were the coalition to have gone all the way to Baghdad then, it would have far exceeded its legal boundaries.

The hostilities were called off then, after Iraq (Hussein) agreed to certain terms and agreements, most of which he violated throughout the years after the first war and the second. Had there been strong leadrship before Bush, this would have been taken care of long before now, but the U.S. was lacking in such leadership, and certain countries in the U.N. were making money dealing under the table with Iraq (Hussein), further weakening any earlier U.N. resolve.

AShley, you can scream "oil oil oil" as loud as possible, but you chanting that provides no more proof than were you to say it once. I do not deal in weak, liberal assertions that are without fact or proof. Ignore the terror ties and resolution flaunting on the part of Hussein all you want, but do not attempt to say that I am aware of any of such absudities that are asserted but never backed by fact.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ashley,

It's not all about oil. It's about following the terms of a cease-fire.
It's about allowing Terrorism to function in your backyard.
It's about spending oil-for-food money on Palaces and torture chambers,
and Cuban cigars.
I appreciate you telling us how/what we are thinking, but you are misguided if you think this was only a petroleum war. Iraq would be
the 51st state, and a vacation destination right now, if all we wanted was the oil.
We try to make things good over there and....well no good deed ever goes unpunished I guess.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I'm wondering what did Saddam Hussein do to become a terrorist? Why did America claim from all of the sudden he was a terrorist (i know why because out jackass president wanted oil [jackass means donkey])

Saddam is a CIA trained terrorist, that terrorized his own people. Say, dosnt that remind you of someone else, who is near and dear to all of us?

(Insert picture of George Sr hugging George Jr)

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley

You should stop towing the stupid line and realize what is obvious. Oil, Oil, Oil,.

Please show your proof t was about oil. If everyone knows it was then there must be alot of proof of it. Where is this oil we are speaking of? YOu listen to many people who do not know what the real deal is. Please show proof or Zip it

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
ASE, you know very well tha tHussein is a relic of the Cold War days. Do not try and make it sound as if he was trained by the CIA to terrorize his own people for the enjoyment of the U.S. You are taking bits and pieces of history and warping them to make them fit your end. It isn't working as I was around then, too. You know this from our discussion at Sub. Element.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How quickly we forget other CIA trained despots; Noriega, Duvalier, et.al.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
First of all thomas, I am not a liberal. Liberal means to apply everywhere, I am not that at all.
If you have read any of my posts and your comprehension is worth mentioning I have never once wanted to apply everywhere. I am not for social programs. I am not for giveaways. I am very selfish, I am arrogant, smart and mean.
This is the second time in as many days that i have been called a liberal. It makes me laugh. Thats like me calling someone that doesn't agree with me a jesus freak just because he might be. Come on, If you are going to call me a name make sure it fits.
Dont say without facts either please, Just because you are blind to the facts doesn't mean they don't exist.

Spacedoubt, Go back to space.

Talking about backyards, Terrorism trained in our backyard(florida).
Doesnt our country misapropriate funds on a daily basis.
I think Israel is the 51st state, Iraq would be the 52nd.
Nice try though.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Perhaps this will clarify what was meant Ashley?

English Definitions:

Liberal - marked by generosity; given or provided in a generous and openhanded way; broadminded; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms. Also: lacking moral restraint, licentious

Vile - Morally base, shamefully wicked, despicable, vicious, loathsome, disgusting.

Villainy - Conduct characteristic of a villain.

Definition of a Liberal or What God thinks of liberals

Maybe this?
Political Ideology Definitions

seekerof

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
GOD, thats funny. Grow up

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
-Originally posted by Thomas Crowne-
"AD, your original post was very offensive and ignorant.
Hussein is a terrorist because his Baath party is affiliated with terrorists, trained terrorists, supported terrorists logistically and with intel."

HELL YA!!!! AFTER ALL THIS TIME. ITS ALL SO CLEAR NOW!

Thats right kiddies. Thomas Crown has clearly defined what it means to be a "terrorist". Lets take a look.
1. If your "party" is associated with terrorists.
Exactly. Like say that you were found guilty in the World Court, of terrorist acivites, like illegally funding the Contras in Nicaragua for 10 years. Or if you financially supported Suharto of Indonesia. You guys remember him??? He has a few hundred thousand deaths to his resume. Or if you give over half of your international monetary support in the western hemisphere to Columbia, which, of course, has one of the worst human rights record in the world. Or if say, you secretly funded the slaughter of thousands in El Salvador in the 1980's and 90's. Or if you send millions of dollars a year to Saudi Arabia...they had some terrorist thing that made a splash in the media a few years ago...(what was it???) Maybe they send most of their international "aid" to Isreal, a country, more than any other, that has been condemed in the UN General Assembly for HUNDREDS of terrorist acts and violation of international law.

BUT WAIT, BEFORE WE START THINKING!!! Thomas Crown (Super Moderator) is giving us yet MORE example of what makes a "terrorist".

2. "Training Terrorists!" AHHA Yes..its so simple
Such as the time when Saddam Hussein armed, financed and trained the Mujahadeen in Afganstan in the 1980's. Or when he trained "counter insurgency death squads" for terrorist attacks in central and south America. Or the time he financed terrorist activities from exiled Cubans living in Miami. Then there was the time he illegally bombed Cambodia in the 1970's with death calculations estimated in the millions.. Man that Saddam is a busy guy!

Yet, TC has still more wisdom in international affairs to share with us unworthy "sheeple".
Tell us more! Tell us more TOM!

What makes a terrorist...number three.
3. Supports terrorists with intel.
This one is a classic...like the time Saddam used his covert intelligence officers to overthrow the "Democratically" elected president of Chile in the 1970's. Hmm...Perhaps Thomas is refering to the time that Saddam FAKED intelligence that Libyan's had blown up a disco in Germany as a pretense for invasion in 1987. Of course he later explained that there NEVER was any evidence. Sad...but thats what makes him SUCH A GREAT TERRORIST and he was really "standing tall" after that war! Maybe it was the time that Saddam armed and financed his own coup in his own country before selling himself WMD and gassing his own people.
Who knows?

Well now...we do ATS Kiddies...Thanks to the crystal clear and authoritative way that we were educated by the SUPER MODERATOR!

Thank Goddess we got that cleared up. Just in time too, as I was about to turn off the TV and start thinking for myself.......
B
U
T
!
now that doesn't seem so important. I'm feeling sleepy again...baaaa...oh sorry. you caught me in yawn....baaaa...baaaa
Oops..Two yawns that time

I was going to get up and do something before reading Thomas....I was going to BE something...I, I suddenly thought I remembered who I really was, ya know, before I was born.....
no wait...TV....Thomas Crown explaining reality...TV...Reality...TV...............now it comes back to me.

You are so absolutley free, children.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Voice_of Doom]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
ASE, you know very well tha tHussein is a relic of the Cold War days. Do not try and make it sound as if he was trained by the CIA to terrorize his own people for the enjoyment of the U.S. You are taking bits and pieces of history and warping them to make them fit your end. It isn't working as I was around then, too. You know this from our discussion at Sub. Element.

Tommy me boy, Im not arguing the time frame Saddam was created. Only the reason. What in your opinion is the reason the CIA created this monster, and do we have a right to do such a thing?

What am I warping? History is a jig saw puzzle demanding to be put together! The pieces will only go in one way. It is not up to me to draw the picture it may produce, it will do that, itself. Facts are facts. The CIA created this monster no matter who he terrorized. We had no right to do it!

And as to my end, anything that will restore our Constitutional Republic, IM ALL FOR IT!

And as to our one sided discussion at Sub Elem, I dont believe you asked me once about Saddam............. Im still waiting for your side.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My understanding about Saddam

He was more or less helped into power because the US knew he could control the region and at the time Iran was a hot bed of extremists. US turned a blind eye to what he did until he had the region under control.

Shortly before the US envaded Kuwait.. there was a big scandal brewing about SR Bushes son and some savings and loan thing. My understanding is that Sadamm consulted the US before he invaded Kuwait and the US took a hands off approach... "we don't have a dog in that fight" So Saddam invaded Kuwait which btw is a very very very small country full of billionaires courtesy the oil money.

After the savings and loan scandal broke the US suddenly felt the need to to rush in and save Kuwait. However I have to give Sr Bush credit he didn't put many ground forces in and did most of the work through bombing... guess his guilty concious wouldn't let him have too many americans killed to take the lime light off his errant son. Swarzkoff commented afterwards that Bush had made a mistake by not taking Sadam out when they had a chance... Swarzkoff was then forced to retire... I was told that they hid Sadam in thier sites and could have pulled the trigger but were stopped. Had he been killed the majority of the money that he has since funneled into terrorist organizations would have stopped and possibly avoided the 911 episode all together.

Why in god's name George Bush didn't bomb the hell out of Iraq if he was so sure that there were wmd I don't know. My guess is that he knew the intelligence was iffy but he needed a war to get re-elected. He obviously has no concious like his father.

It was way too soon to rush into Iraq... BinLaden should have been dealt with first and the whole world knew this too. But political asperations come first so we charged in ... and the result is embaressing.. and hopefully will get the idiot Bush kicked out of office come election time.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
easy to say...difficult to do !

bombing an entire big country can't be done and cowards as bin laden travel dressed in womanclothes and hides/sleeps in civilian house among other civilians.
further... the problem the arab spies communicate by radio or cellphones so
they have an advantage on the USA when they are searching for terrorists.
anyway my idea is that if we find the responsable people who said to saddam to put his milion dollars airplanes in hide under the sand, the same
people will lead us to the "also under the sand hidden (?) womd !

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
AD, your original post was very offensive and ignorant. Do you think you can communicate without saying something like "Our jackass president wants oil"?
Hussein is a terrorist because his Baath party is affiliated with terrorists, trained terrorists, supported terrorists logistically and with intel.

Because you have down a poor job at keeping up with current events for the last handful of years is a poor excuse to try and insult a man who is far superior in intellect than you, no matter how average he really is.

I still believe that Bush wanst oil. I am not saying Saddam is innocent. But oil is what will make him rich.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

love the attitude of Sadam - hes innocent

What are you talking about!?!?!? Saddam innocent!?!?!?!?!
Killing hundreds of people is being innocent?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

of Kuwait why? Doesn't Kuwait still have a dictator in charge? Or is it different because he's our dictator

Exatly! Kuwait also provides us with oil! If Kuwait was taken back in the hands of Iraq then we wouldnt get out oil from Kuwait and Saddam i dont think wanted to give us any oil...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
How quickly we forget other CIA trained despots; Noriega, Duvalier, et.al.

No, Scott, we do not forget quickly. What seems to be forgotten is why the likes of Hussein was trained. It wasn't the CIA, anyway, he was trained by many agencies in our government. AS a matter of Fact, Hussein was trained at an air force base in Montgomery, AL. Noriega went to school in Ft. Benning, GA, at the School of Americas.

I'll say it again, the Cold War made messes here and there, and they had to be cleaned up. But to lose the Cold War was not an option.

Keep things in focus.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ASE, history is not a puzzle waiting to be put together, at least not recent history. I agree that is the case when it comes to ancient history, though.

I've already stated why Hussein was backed by the U.S.
Anywhere throughout the world back in those days, you'd see a Soviet backed country and an U.S. backed country next door, to balance out the region, or to fight proxy wars.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
still the question why not using the option: neutron bombs in this war !
it would have speede up enormously the results in favour of the USA.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Do not toy with your Daddy, V.O.D., or he will pimp slap you and call you Suzie!

Yes, I am aware of what you have mentioned. You are pretty good at throwing rocks at the U.S., but I noticed in your arrogance, you mentioned not a word of the enemy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join