It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we hate ? Its become an academic question.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Why do we hate ? Its become an academic question.

1. why did the nazis hate the jews
  2. why did tutsi hate the hutu ?
  3. What makes Hate tick ?

Hate is everywhere , but the fundamental question is why one can hate another ? Apparently its never been studied, There is no testable theory..
Philosophers have offered definitions over the years ARISTOTLE : an incurable desire to annihilate an object.. FREUD: An ego state that wishes to destroy its unhappiness. DESCARTES: The urge to withdraw from something that is thought bad. I suppose in some way their definitions all say the same thing. They are developinga new academic field of hate studies. The people i have come across on this forum are exceptionaly bright and most seem to be well informed on most topics, and certainly are not afraid to express their opinions, Im hoping to see those you have on this subject. It Is an unexplainable condition that has plagued humanity since the begining of time.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by femmefreud]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If you want to discuss this, I suggest you make a thread title.
Right now, the only way to click the link into this thread is through the “last poster” button, which many users probably do not know to use. You might need to get a Mod to help you edit your thread.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

does it work now ? i think i fixed it , im still sort of new at this . Thanks let me know if it works please .

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by femmefreud

why do we hate ?

First, I don't think that most people know what real hate is. True hate is the opposite of true love and it is indeed a rare thing.

Individual dogs running lose are rarely a problem... unless they form a pack. Then there is a constant battle to become the alpha leader and that leads to a nasty competition that knows no boundary. The same can be said of humans. We fall into a group where there may be a single, true hater but then, it is all about one-upping that leader. Most don't know, and could care less about the issues. They just want to be a leading part of the trend.

Hate - the word - is also used now like a battleaxe by the political types. Everyone on the other extreme is a hater. If they can tag someone as a hater, there is points in it and like the pack of dogs, everyone wants to be the lead dog. Lies and insults are the teeth of the partisan pack warrior.

Personally, I don't believe there is as much real, honest to god hate in the world as there are liars and partisan spin meisters.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yep...
You got it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing up this subject.
Why do we hate?
There are many reasons. The first reason is influences from the memory of the human race, including influences from our own experiences. The second is more occult in nature. It stems from the manipulation of the mind, through the unconscious thinking process. In order to balance their own energies, entities from the astral world connect to the human mind. This process of manipulation is also used to test us in our emotional response to the thoughts we receive. I call this process of manipulation trans-communication.

The division present within the human psyche is the biggest problem for mankind. The understanding of the inner workings of the human psyche is essential to understand the "game" of life. This division, along with the unconscious thinking process, results in emotional and subjective approach to thoughts and events in our daily lives.

If we learn to "observe" our thoughts objectively, we are able to integrate the energies associated with them, and therefore, elevate our level of consciousness.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Yes thats what they say ,that it starts with groups, and thats the one thing they are trying to find from studying hate is how an opponent can best fight these different groups. and how they can stop hate in general.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We get in trouble if we type one word responses, but my first answer would be fear.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing up this subject.
reply to post by lagenese

WHEW , I would like to know your IQ , You guys never cease to amaze me withe your replies .
Your welcome, That i believe is the psychological aspect of hate, They say history has a part ,along with antropology, political science, religion.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yes, history, religions, any systems of thoughts and beliefs, are part of the memory of the human race. The letting go of this memory will be the greatest challenge for humans, in order to successfully elevate their vibrational and conscious levels.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Why do people hate? I believe hate; the extreme dislike of something or someone , is an emotion brought on either through indoctrination by peers , misconceived prejudice or through negative firsthand experience with the person or thing , some fear may be also involved in this dynamic.

Some examples ;

Indoctrination- The indoctrination of the nazi ideolgoy through mein kampf and hitler's party speeches may cause one to hate certain races(jews, blacks etc)

Indoctrination in the kkk may lead one to hate blacks.

Firsthand experience-A young girl is savagely gang raped , beaten and left for dead.

She may carry hatred in her for her attackers for the rest of her life until she forgives them.

Misconceived prejudice-As a child there were certain types of vegetables I didn't like , I absolutely hated them. Now as I have become an adult and my palate has grown these are some of my favorite foods.

So to sum this all up I guess hate stems from ignorance , fear and in the ravaged girl's case , hurt. Seems there are many ignorant , fearful people out there hurting these days.

Star and flagged.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by De La Valletta]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So to sum this all up I guess hate stems from ignorance
reply to post by De La Valletta

They say HATE thrives in areas not illuminated by education.... Thanks for the reply, your examples make sense of it dont they

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe the perception that the other party is somehow evil. Either by an actual threat of harm or actual harm done, or a perceived threat of harm.
That is just one thing that could lead to the emotion of hate.

Also the build up of imagined things about the one whom the hate is directed at. It can start with a mild irritation that one builds up and feeds in their mind like a growing tumor.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
They say that there isnt really a good defenition of hate. That its part of human emotional makeup. what makes it tick is their main question ,and what can they do to stop it .how can they approach it more intelligently.. Example: How can one fight anti semitism without knowing the best way tio fight.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I am in agreement with you empire.

I believe all hate in one way or another,directly or indirectly is caused by fear.
fear + ? = hate fear x ? = hate Fear / 3 + ?/1 = hate /4

I have always had bad dreams of The Black Widow spider. I have always hated them and I always will.
I'm pretty sure the only reason the nazis hated the Jews was out of fear.

Take away Mans fear and his hate would disappear.Snf for you lady.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Don't forget hurt , as in the case of the gang raped girl , when people are hurt or made uncomfortable(suffer) by something(s) or someone(s) , that can cause them to hate too , it's not just ignorance and fear.

If someone or something did serious hurt to you , I'd be a real insensitive jerk to tell you you can't hate them. Those are your feelings and I would hope the perpetrators are brought to justice.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Todays society is based on game theory made up by scum, to put everyone against everyone else.

The people questioning these things, should look hard at what they really are pushing, and where it will lead us.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

not just ignorance and fear.

That's what the question mark is for. Hurt + fear = hate absoutely.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Glad you cleared that up , but I think you can hate something , even hate it absolutely without fearing it. Like being betrayed by your best friend or having an ugly scar(in your face) , a treestump that uglifies your beautiful lawn.

Pigeons that crap on your expensive car everyday while you work at a miserable job you don't like but have to hold onto in this economy , while the banks that helped caused the whole crash are bailed out.

I just had to write that , I was feeling a bit mischievous.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by De La Valletta]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

That was a little Hateful dont you think ??? lol lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join