It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I supply my friends a link at facebook, so they can become members of ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
on each post there is a link titled "this post" and another one titled "single post"

you can right click that link and repost it on facebook. when someone clicks the link it will take them to that direct post or that post within the thread itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
tell you what, tell me what you want to link to and I will provide the address.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

OK, I think I covered most of that in my last post. If you want to link to a certain forum hit the "Board" button. That will take you to all the forums. Click on the forum of your choice and then copy and paste the address in your browser:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rosemost of my friends are very intelligent people,

all they need to join is ATS Forum homepage

if they cannot join and navigate the entire site from there - then i guess thier intelligence is in doubt

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Ok, let me put it to ya this way... Quite possibly becaues I am an Enthralled Fan, who you post banned because of my anti drug views. Ban this account, or do whatever you desire.

I strongly believe in the quality of your site. You post banned me as Enthralled Fan, yet, let the person who is permanently banned, from the post at which I had complained, continue on for...........??? You check it out.

Look, I am only concerned for this site, as I love it. Maybe I am wrong, but I do think you have something, here. I am , Enthralled Fan, Springer, and honestly, I was very upset we didn't get that hashed out.

This site, your income, which isn't really a hill of beans for me, ,matters.

All I was asking, in this post was an easier link, to y'all. Sorry for the inconvience.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Don't mind me. I'm just hanging about until the penny drops for Blanca Rose.

I love those moments when people go "OMG they told me 50 posts how to do it, OMG I'm so......"

OK ill try to help............Copy and paste what ever is in the address bar from the page you want people on facebook to see when they click it.

It really is that simple. you can even line your browser up like your taking a photo of said post, so when they click your link its nicely in frame for them when the page opens.

Edit: Insult removed.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

you post banned because of my anti drug views.

Well that's a new one.

I've obviously fallen through the looking glass where down is up and kindness is rude and ATS bans for anti drug views.

Actually drug talk pro or con is at this point [3:05PM EDT 11/19/09] not permissible.

Carry on. I have reptilians in the Gray Area to thwart.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I give up... Now you've completely lost me...

Apparently this had nothing to do with learning how SIMPLE it is to link a specific thread or post to ANY site. It's about that you violated the TAC and got post banned under another username?

Ok then...

Springer...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

you post banned because of my anti drug views.

Well that's a new one.

I've obviously fallen through the looking glass where down is up and kindness is rude and ATS bans for anti drug views.

Actually drug talk pro or con is at this point [3:05PM EDT 11/19/09] not permissible.

Carry on. I have reptilians in the Gray Area to thwart.

I gotta love it! You go!

Heck, and don't let the swine flue gettcha, either!~

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just read through this whole thread. Thanks for the aneurysm. This whole thing threw me for a loop alright. I sure hope you have the whole link thing figured out.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

if you click on this link , i believe you'll get the answer you asked for in the original post.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What I'm guessing is that ATS does not have a "share" feature that links directly to your facebook account, like most sites have nowadays like youtube, news sites etc etc....which permits you to share whatever it is your watching/reading/listening to directly to your newsfeed on your facebook account so that all your friends can see it/watch it/listen to it. Which is strange that ATS hasn't implemented that feature since its common in most sites on the internet nowadays.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Nope, not at all.....my point was, can I just link my friends to the site, without a rigamarolle.

If you like, your site can friend me, and that would be a good one for ya.

The post ban issue, fart it...........the person who put up the thread, to which I vehemently opposed is completely banned. You shut me up, and let this person go, on and on. It was only a matter of time, because, I was post banned, but this person was permanently banned. It was an integrity issue, and,ATS, in my view pervailed. You can un ban me if ya like. This issue has really, nothing to do with it.

No offence, but, points, and color under my name, mean nothing. It's all about quality, not quanitity.

Ya'all have me way to simplfied.

I guess I will just continue suggesting you, to my friends, and leave it, at that.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
What I'm guessing is that ATS does not have a "share" feature that links directly to your facebook account, like most sites have nowadays like youtube, news sites etc etc....which permits you to share whatever it is your watching/reading/listening to directly to your newsfeed on your facebook account so that all your friends can see it/watch it/listen to it. Which is strange that ATS hasn't implemented that feature since its common in most sites on the internet nowadays.

Thank you for typing what I was thinking. I greatly appreciate it. MY thougts, exaclty.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Just read through this whole thread. Thanks for the aneurysm. This whole thing threw me for a loop alright. I sure hope you have the whole link thing figured out.

Oh goah, I hope you are ok! LOL, I mean, I love ATS, but I wouldn't want it to kill anyone!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
with regards to the "share this on facebook" link you seek, it is, clearly, not available at this time but you never know what 2010 might bring

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well, and I still believe in Santa..............

Thanks for the reply, so, basically, it isn;t easy to get people to join the site who might have great things to contribute.

Ok, carry on.........I love ATS, anyway!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
blah blah blah blah

edited because posted in wrong boarxd.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Doc Tesla]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How can I supply my friends a link at facebook, so they can become members of ATS?????

Your asking a way for them to become members, then turn it about face by asking for links to certain threads ???? Lighten the load.....As far as Im concerned, every effort has been made to help on a question you knew the answer too

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You have gotten me wrong, why can't I link you directly from another site to this one, like, you can from Utube on a subject, a song, or a political manifesto?

You can... I have no idea why you feel you cannot.

The URL for each topic is clearly displayed in your browser's address bar.

(((confused)))

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join