It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks to put forward 573.000 text messages from 9/11-2001

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
This could take days to go through, so I hope its listed catagoricaly. Sifting through civillian messages like " Oh my god, you were so wasted last night" could be trying.

I wonder how many messages will say "A plane just hit" as opposed to "a bomb went off/ a missle struck"

Im sure "911 Truth" will be all over this.

Also, who says they are releasing the good ones..

They may just release the ones that prove their "story" and leave out the incriminating ones...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
First it was due to be within 24 hours, then they needed extra space by "borrowing" space from other peoples computers, then theyve got nowhere safe to put the 40KB file, and now they need money.

Anyone else see a familiar pattern or is it just me?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Well I do think it will be a legitimate leak...however, I see them attempting to capitalize on donations since this is probably has many people wanting to see the document. Let's face it, wikileaks probably doesn't have much funding. Traffic to a website does cost a ton of money, so I think they counted their chickens before they hatched.

There may be a wealthy person or group out there that won't mind throwing them a few bones to get their hands on this information. For the casual person, you probably won't see many donations. There are many free ways to get the document into the public. Hell they could post to scrib, send out e-mails a few dozen at a time and get a chain e-mail going. The power of the internet is that within several days anyone that wants the information could have it without anyone going broke trying to host exclusive access.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Thanks for the link. I'm going to follow it there from now on.

I'm usually on WikiLeaks every day to check out the leaks.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pedroroach
reply to post by terran99

Us conspiracy people? You know you are on a conspiracy website?
I know that I'm hoping that it will give some more insight on what happened that day. To get some first had perspective.

Oh yes I am aware it is a conspiracy website.....

The posts here are so freaking funny and ridiculous that I had to join....

Good for many laughs.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
OK latest update on this...

Wikileaks are looking at "after the weekend" for the release as they are still sorting out stuff like bandwidth costs and servers for reverse caching.

There will be a torrent release as well.

There was no sender/receiver data included in the original .txt file and so obviously none will be available for wikileaks to put up.

The raw data WILL be released as well as the processed file (this is being done for readability reasons)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

the 573k 9/11 message intercepts will be delayed until we can budget for the traffic. Help us out

Too good to be true. As stated above wikileaks could easily have emailed the list to anybody to leak it. They could have also used a torrent to disperse the text file.

Money is not the real issue here I believe. Has wikileaks been compromised? Have they been bought out? Have they been intimidated to cease and assist?
Is this a publicity stunt? Are these questions an over assumption?
Maybe I should watch what I say and not bite the hand that feeds.

Somebody send them a buck please

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've contacted them twice offering to host the files for them. I have co-located servers with more than enough traffic to handle the load.

After the initial email I've heard nothing from them at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that wikileaks should not be trusted. The way they've gone about this has bad news written all over it...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They have just released a bigger file, at 120 MB (65 MB compressed)

www....__._/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_emails%2C_data%2C_models%2C_1996-2009

They better not be lying about 911 text messages

[edit on 20-11-2009 by conar]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was chatting with wikileaks people today. They are having bandwith issues and agreed that they made a mistake in advertising the release without the needed infrastructure to support the amount of people that want to download this document. Lesson learned...they are expecting a Tuesday release.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I fully support the mission of wikileaks and what they claim to stand for -but- I can't help but feel the larger mission is to bring in donations.

Why they would completely ignore my offer to host the files and any others they need help with, completely free and without any request of being "credited", advertising, etc shows me they are more interested in using this release to generate income.

There's nothing wrong with asking for donations but holding up the release and refusing free hosting worth a great deal of money comes very close to crossing over the line from advocation of free information exchange to "pretending to be advocates for a profit".

I'm extremely disappointed in the way they've chosen to handle this situation. Charging people a fee to access the material would bring questions of legality into the issue and expose them to prosecution, the actions they've made are basically just another method for accomplishing the same goal.

Maybe someone should start an alternative to wikileaks with a methodology that does not involve holding up the release of information until enough "donations" come in?

I'm sorely tempted....

[edit on 21-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
reply to post by Loke.

Wow. This could be an invasion of privacy.

I hope they get nailed for invading people's private communications.

There was nothing private about what happened that day.

Your assertion is asinine.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

There was nothing private about what happened that day.

Your assertion is asinine.

Bush and Cheney disagreed

President Bush and Vice President Cheney refused to testify publicly under oath.
They finally made a deal with the Commission to testify on April 29, 2004, with specific conditions:
o They would testify together,
o They would testify behind closed doors,
o They would not be under oath, and
o Their testimony would not be recorded electronically or transcribed

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I've contacted them twice offering to host the files for them. I have co-located servers with more than enough traffic to handle the load.

After the initial email I've heard nothing from them at all.

Its not about hosting its about proxy mate, they need proxies to camoflage who and where the files are being uploaded and downloaded.

Best regards

Loke.:.

And just for all information wikileaks are for real, and not some hoaxing "i got the real news on my site" guy and then you need to buy access to his site to get it.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

I offered both.

First they asked for linux servers to provide reverse proxies then they said they needed donations to help with the traffic.

I offered to help them with anything they needed and told them how many and what kind of servers I own.

Holding up the release while they wait for donations sure doesn't look very nice, that's all I can say about that.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No Text Leaks Yet. Still waiting though. Here is what I found on their page. It seems nobody can access any info now without using a cached page.

WikiLeaks is overloaded by global interest

Sites down from too much traffic now, is this a sign that it has been leaked?
I guess I can refresh the page a couple thousand times and find out .

WikiLeaks is currently overloaded by readers. This is a regular difficulty that can only be resolved by deploying additional resources. If you support our mission, then show it in the way that is most needed. On average, each donation catalyzes the publication of around 150 mainstream press articles, exposing human rights abuses and corrupt government around the world. These exposures result in substantial reforms and have changed national election outcomes. If you need more good reasons to support us, try this article by the National Gadfly. Please donate today so we can continue to make a difference tomorrow. Every contribution helps. To support us via bank transfer, please use our account at The Wau Holland Foundation (a charitable trust, tax-deductable in Germany) Wau Holland Stiftung, Germany Commerzbank Kassel, BLZ 52040021, Konto 277281204 (IBAN: DE46520400210277281204, BIC: COBADEFF520) To contribute via cash, check, uKash, moneybookers or similar, write to [email protected]

And it looks as if wikileaks is broke. I do warn people who donate to wikileaks though, if wikileaks is ever found guilty of passing illegal secrets, one could theoretically be charged with funding the organization.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
Narh you would have been spotted by at least 10 cameras on your way there, your ip would be traced quickly by your home land sec. and you will be caught before you entered your door at home again.

Best regards

Loke.:.

Originally posted by ROBL240
Times up. I wonder what excuse they'll use this time for failing to deliver the goods.
Not wanting to be traced..any idiot can put a 40mb file onto a stick, go to ANY webcafe and create a false identity. Log in using this and upload the files onto Megaupload/Rapidshare, its not hard to do.

I could have had it done myself in a hour.

Not exactly true. Let me explain. Camera's typically catch the "bird's eye" view of you and looking up is about the only way to get snagged. There is A way to accomplish an anonymous post:

**Always, ALWAYS use cash that has been washed and dried gently.** Buy a cheap laptop from an out of town yard sale, use a linux boot disk and use that as your "OS". Next, you will need some minor things: hat, eye glass frames, fake mustache, couple of sweatshirts to mask size, etc. Using your POS laptop with a generic OS (linux), get online and post away. No cookies, nothing to track it back to you. Also, you can always use wifi access behind a hotel, restaraunt, school, subdivision, etc... Ditch the cheapo laptop when you feel you have left too many footprints and get another laptop elsewhere. Make sure you remove the hard-drive of the laptop before booting up with the CD (linux). Keep the info you need on a thumb-drive which was also purchased with cash from out of town.

There is always a way to do what has to be done.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Good News!!!

3AM Tuesday, NY Time, we will release >500k intercepted 9/11 text msgs live over 24h, synced to their original intercept

twitter.com...

That's right we are only 3 hours away from getting our grubby fingers on these messages.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hmmm...1 hour before release and the wikileaks website is showing that it is down. Either its been hacked and shut down, or they don't want their website to generate traffic prior to release with people clicking to check, or too many people are checking the site. Do you think this is getting global attention?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join