It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks to put forward 573.000 text messages from 9/11-2001

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If the government tries to stop this then will know something is up.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumbleStudent111
If the government tries to stop this then will know something is up.

I don't know, if they attempt to stop someone from making over 500,000 PRIVATE MESSAGES public, I might understand...

But I know what you mean.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I see a lot of you is against the idea of Wikileaks to release these files, but none has asked the question where they got it from, and in my opinion the only way they can get hold of this quantum of text messages is from a government institution. I know it can be harsh this i say now, but We invaded a country, killed more than a million civilians and brought hatred toward innocent people, so in my eyes releasing 573.000 text messages being published is nothing, I would rather have all you who are negative towards this release to go pinch your government to release all the video files the have opbtained and are keeping them locked away.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If this is legit, then great. Who cares about the privacy issues? After 9/11 so much of our privacy has been invaded, who the hell cares about some text messages? I'm sure there will be no phone numbers attached, if you look at the examples they used on the link in the OP, they just said the time and the text, no phone number. So what is really the actual invasion of privacy? I could care less if someone gets pissed because their name is used and it traces back that they had something to do with 9/11 or the cover-up. So I can't wait to see these texts... but then again, I highly doubt they will come to light. I think they should have released the texts with the announcement rather than announce it first. Now there is time for it to be stopped... but that's just my 2cents.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Should be an amazing, harrowing, controversial, insightful and depressing read. There will be so many different contexts within these messages, ones of fear, confusion but also love and hope.

I do not personally know anybody who was directly linked to the attacks on 9.11, hell I do not even know many Americans. However, ever since it happened it has affected my life greatly. Whether it be through stupid legislation and privacy laws, or just the sheer emotion and humanity I am filled with when I hear the stories of bravery and also the chaos of that day.

I do hope someone is held accountable for all this. I also hope that Americans are strong and determined enough to keep fighting for it.

Hopefully this information will help.

Bless you all who are affected by this.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

You do realize that in one post you managed to completely throw the constitution and our bill of rights right out the window?

I would love to know what really happened on 9/11 just as much as the next person -- but I am certainly not going to give away my rights to privacy, nor anyone else's, in order to accomplish it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
As much as i would like to see them. I don't think the cost is worth it. Even without numbers attached etc it still makes me uncomfortable. I don't think people should be so blinded by seeking the truth towards 9/11 that they forget about the fundamentals of respect for a persons privacy. Trying to negate that by mentioning bills that passed after 9/11 that took away alot of our rights to privacy means nothing. The people should still respect it even if the government does not, otherwise we stand for nothing and simply cherry pick what is convenient at the time.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Should these messages lead to something much larger, like a new investigation, breaking open some type of conspiracy, or even shedding light on something we didn't know that day, then I would think the families and people who sent these messages would feel the 'leak' of information was worth the 'invasion of privacy'.

I know I would.

Not to mention that the CIA (I'm assuming) collecting these messages at all is ALREADY AN INVASION OF THEIR PRIVACY.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by mecheng]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

That's an incredibly slippery slope you're willing to travel down for the sake of the "truth".

It's one thing if the persons involved voluntarily submitted their text messages -- which would then open a huge window for falsified information.

And what would you say after they were released and proved nothing -- was disregarding privacy laws worth it then?

I highly doubt that ANY release of these so-called authentic text messages -- 8 years after the fact -- would be proven to be credible.

Keep in mind -- we are the same society that was receiving video phone messages and text messages out of Iran as the revolt was happening and people still argued that they were fake and not credible.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
jesus fcuk, and it only took HOW many years for this info to reach the public?

but then on the other hand....

thanks to wikileaks & the like is it fair to now say we have 'better' sources for info then we EVER have EVER?

So perhaps it is better to say,
ok its good that we have this info now, definitely a sign of progress, but far from 'good enough', I'm just saying - the fight for truth, like the nature of working at success, is ongoing/continuous.

more a comment on truth being available to the public, transparency, not so much about the txt msg's.

-B.M

P.S - I don't know how comfortable i feel looking at the private messages of others, however I wonder also if there might be important info missed if they were not taken into account?

[edit on 17/11/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

How do you know this leak is not as a result of the freedoms you have already lost? In which case, the leak means you lose nothing.

Besides, you assume that everyone everywhere is bound by the same moral code, a typically ignorant viewpoint. They are not, and not everyone gives a crap about your precious constitution.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, there are two ways they can do this. See my examples below.

Way #1: 5555-6789-01054 Hi John. Melissa here. Your wife is blowing up my cell LM wants to know if i waz with u last nite. CB so we can get story strate. luv u 4 aver!!! make sure u delete this. i know i will lol

Way #2: (Number removed) Hi (name removed). (name removed) here. Your wife is blowing up my cell LM wants to know if i waz with u last nite. CB so we can get story strate. luv u 4 aver!!! make sure u delete this. i know i will lol

Way 2 is the right way to do this but don't lie, you know way 1 is way more fun!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

EXTRACT Originally posted by bsbray11

It was covered years ago, probably in 2001, that there were instant messages sent forewarning of attacks that morning in NYC, specifically out of some Israel-based company.

Exactly what came to my mind too....
Odigo staff get tipped off and no big deal apparently.
The "dancing Israelis" admit "we were there to document the event" and again no big deal.

so many here are concerned that releasing the texts..(as if they ever would un-edited) isn't worth the 'invasion of privacy' and yet the deaths of 1/2Million Iraqi children during the 90's sanctions led by USA "was worth it" for USA... that's what Madeline Albright said...

"Invasion of Privacy"... wake up folks, your gov has been invading your privacy for years.... & you know it... the only privacy they won't be invading is theirs.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"You do realize that in one post you managed to completely throw the constitution and our bill of rights right out the window?"

You mean the United States still has a Constitution and a Bill of Rights which is respected and enforced by the Government?

You do realize that the previous American President called the Constitution "just a Goddamned piece of paper"? And by signing into law the Patriot Act and other laws, like the one which made it legal for the Government to spy on Americans, he meant it.

And as for the current American President, who has been called a Constitutional scholar, he has continued the privacy invasion by not taking any measures whatsoever to repeal those UnConstitutional laws. So, as you see, the Constitution was already "thrown out the window" by people who actually did have the power to do it.

If released, one must be pretty naive to think there will be anything in those scrubbed text messages to incriminate the actual perpetrators. If anything, these messages will not only invade people's privacy, they will just continue to reinforce the official eyewash.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I suppose that if these texts were legit and contained anything concrete that a government cover up happened, Wikileaks would be served with a gag order under the guise of national security.

If they were in fact leaked from one of the 3 letter agencies they would be all over it when they found out it was being released. That is if it wasn't sanitized before being 'leaked'.

I know people like to talk about how stupid and incompetent our government is but they are not. If they are so stupid, why do they always wind up getting what they want while we get screwed. I don't believe anything gets leaked unintentionally.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Primordial]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Half a million text messages? Where did they find them? How did they get hold of them?

"they are from an organization that every day collects paging traffic. Not just today but always, says Julian Assange."

an example of a message:

"7:45:40: Where are you? Are you ok? Can you call me? I love you."

so relax, no names or phone numbers... The people behind the messages probably wouldnt remember making them. But its a valuable wealth of information of an event, that changed the world a great deal!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
First of all, there will be no invasion of privacy, as you or I will not be able to discern who is making these messages. If we can, then there is a big problem.
Second, if we actually are able to discern anything, it will be a message made by a public officer. Policeman, firefighter, etc.

I don't know why they are even bothering though. As stated earlier, this sort of stuff has been known about for eight years now but it hasn't changed a damned thing. The public hypnosis event that was 9-11 is very strong. It would require a good bit of deprogramming to change a person's opinions on it at this point. If you don't believe that 9-11 was an inside job, it is pretty likely that you never will unless we have an outright admission of guilt.

I mean sure, this is going to be some meat and potatoes for the 9-11 truthers who are still hard at work looking for evidence to find a perp in this event, but in the end, I don't think it will accomplish a darned thing. I don't even think that the messages will need to be "sanitized" at this point.

Last weekend I went out and told some folks on a street corner that 9-11 was an inside job. A few folks wanted to beat my ass.

People not only don't believe it, they DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. It would bring their world crashing down at this point as they would then be forced to face the fact that the wars we have fought in the name of 9-11 were little more than murderous hegemony.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I wonder how many death threaths are being sent to __._ right now, this is a little above their normal leaks, but I guess they are used to it

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
S&F great find!

To those that are concerned about privacy the government has already revoked our "right" to privacy as well as our rights to for protection from unlawful arrest and detention. Why get worked up about it now?

If these files are legit (which is questionable) then this will afford average citizens the information which only government agencies currently have access!

In other words we can "watch" them for a change! We the people can investigate and verify the official explanation. That is powerful and needed for justice!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Where the hell have they been?

At least eight years ago people with cell phones who actually used the text capability were pretty few and far between. Unlike the 12 year old girls with blackberry's and iPhones permanently affixed to their thumbs as see today.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by WhiteDevil013]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join