It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Time-Traveling Bird Sabotage the Hadron Collider?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, unlike some, I read the article carefully twice.

What I see is two people of note and deservedly so, making fun of themselves and wild eyed theories surrounding their work. I don't think you will find a Peer Reviewed, published study on this bird theory in the near future.

Since I seem to share a similar sense of humor, I find it quite funny.

Their proposal was not about a bird but about God (meaning the Universe as a whole or Mother Nature) stopping them every-time they almost succeed. Two projects canceled just before being realized and now the LHC being three years late due to constant Gremlins in the works.

I don't see this as demeaning at all to these people but instead it is them reminding themselves they are human and stepping back from what must be a sheltered existence, buried in a mob of intellectuals.

It's like when any project has a maddening set of unexpected, unpredictable setbacks. There comes a point where you have to just take a step back, down too many cold ones, have a good laugh at yourselves and prepare to go back the next day and try again. I think that was their real message.

I don't think they care if the general public gets it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef1692329620.jpg[/atsimg]

A time traveling bird? Realliiiiee?

Muahahahaha....Muahahahahaha...Muahahahahaha

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I posted this topic days ago, and I wrote something funny which I'll share with you here now...

I certainly hope they didn't discover it was a baguette by eating it . Do you remember the old butterfly effect? Let's see...

Headline: Homeless man feeds bird his last piece of bread in France, destroys multi-billion dollar particle collider and with it any hope of mankind finding the key to the universe.

or

Bird's bread breaks from beak, basis for big bang boondoggle!!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How did they get a job there?
Bech Nielsen was one of the original founders of a little thing called String Theory. I guess that is quackery in your book also. Maybe you could enlighten us with one of your published theories.

Originally posted by boaby_phet
how the hell did these quacks get a job at cern??

i really, cant believe, physicists, can come out with such crap.

let me get this right, a bird, managed to go back in time to drop a roll in a machine?

WHAT THE FUDGE HAVE THEY BEEN SMOKING!

i guess they have worked out bird was also travelling @ 88 mph!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The greatest minds on the planet have theorized the existence of a time-traveling bird.

My cat has the ability to teleport, so this really doesn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

before you get carried away, i starred you by accident lol..

my theorys are vast, but unfortunetly ... i have not got any published yet,

string theory is something ive read quit a bit on and still dont really buy, this could be from not reading enough, or just not understanding.. but alot of it seems to be a case of making up an answer that seems to fit the criteria of the problem .but without actualy knowing the answer, although its most deffinitelly plausable.

Theoretical physics is pretty crazy stuff but its not fact yet .. hence the term theory!

i think its pretty fair to say the theory that a bird was sent back in time by "whatever " to drop a baggette into a transformer is a bit quackers. i mean, come on dude!! just how elaborate do things need to be?

and sorry to point out, but that physicist is not the one that said that, as already pointed out in this post, time magazine pointed that out, and i already stood corrected on that! www.abovetopsecret.com...

(you cant learn the truth without admitting failure when needed)

[edit on 11-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
he he he he he he

3 Billion Euros?
Bird with a piece of bread?
Culmination of 100 nations input and the pinnicle of europeon co-operation?
I bet the roof was British!
I bet the bread was French!
Lets hope they dont get it running or we could all be in the sticky stuff!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The risk of creating a "black hole" in the LHC is ridiculous. What we're doing, compared to what Nature can do, doesn't amount to a fart in a windstorm.

While I find the idea of the future interfering with the present intriguing, I'd say the evidence doesn't support it. The LHC is one of the largest and most complicated devices ever built. There are bound to be problems getting it going.

There is a cynical engineering maxim that says, "If everything is going as planned, you have obviously overlooked something".

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
So they have a time machine, but only use it to send birds back in time?

Seriously though, These threads annoy me.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Oh - My - God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you live long enough and you think you've heard everything.....

A time - traveling bird???????????????? W-T-F ???????

I think this is it, Goodbye ATS.....

I can't read this dribble anymore.........A time-traveling bird.....LAMFO!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Very interesting story, S & F for you!

Hmm... I wonder if this thing should really be pursued.. I am all for science, Michio Kaku is one of my heroes but hmm... Oh well we're just gonna have to wait and see..

Now if a fish went there and splashed some water on that thing.. o.0

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I guess people from the future have no sense of humor. If they did they would have sent back a policeman with a donut. Or perhaps Elvis with a peanut butter and banana sandwich...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join