It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Time-Traveling Bird Sabotage the Hadron Collider?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Did a Time-Traveling Bird Sabotage the Hadron Collider?

www.time.com

While most scientists would write off the event as a freak accident, two esteemed physicists have formulated a theory that suggests an alternative explanation: perhaps a time-traveling bird was sent from the future to sabotage the experiment. Bech Nielsen of the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen and Masao Ninomiya of the Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics in Kyoto, Japan, have published several papers over the past year arguing that the CERN experiment may be the latest in a series of phyysics research projects whose purposes are so unacceptable to the universe that they are doomed to f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Doesn't this concern anyone here?
People controlling a multi billion dollar machine think birds from the future are making there machine not work.

considering what the machine could do ..opening black hole's ect...
it's kinda could be dangerous..

But look we got the best crack pot's who think time traveling birds are sabotaging it...

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
LOL.. Yeah I just read about that. The CERN seems to be a very sensitive piece of equipment-

www.popsci.com...

The bird dropped some bread on a section of outdoor machinery, eventually leading to significant over heating in parts of the accelerator. The LHC was not operational at the time of the incident, but the spike produced so much heat that had the beam been on, automatic failsafes would have shut down the machine.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I believe it is more than theory for scientists to come out and make such a

outlandish statement as a time traveling bird sabotaging the Hadron Collider.

My opinion is that they took the bird to a secret lab and did DNA studies

compared to a similar bird of today. I believe that they found that this bird had

above normal intelligence by studying brain madder and I believe this bird

was assigned to a specific task that was to interfere with the starting of the

Hadron Collider. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Its known that birds have intelligence. A Blackbird once found its garden completely covered in Snow and the only way to get to the grass level was to clear it away.

Using intelligence the Blackbird picked up a small twig and began brushing aside the snow until it cleared a hole in which it could listen for worms and catch its food.

If thats the work of 1 bird (to which it will pass onto its young) imagine what birds could be capable of in thousands of years of time, especially if trained.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think everbody is reading far to much into this.

But hey cool story bro

[edit on 11-11-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

So these 'rocket scientists' or CERN scientists didn't think that having some 'equipment' outdoors would be that much of a risk?

So a bird of bird dropped bread forced the machine to shut down after accidently falling on outside machinery. heres a clue you mad scientists

COVER THE MACHINE SO NOTHING INTERFERES...

Numpties, all those kilograms of big brains but NOT ONE OUNCE of COMMON SENSE between them all

What Iwant to know is who the poor smuck who had to examine the outside portions? what a crap job, I thought mine was bad but really.....
sheesh!!!!!

link   
how the hell did these quacks get a job at cern??

i really, cant believe, physicists, can come out with such crap.

let me get this right, a bird, managed to go back in time to drop a roll in a machine?

WHAT THE FUDGE HAVE THEY BEEN SMOKING!

i guess they have worked out bird was also travelling @ 88 mph!

link   
reply to post by geo1066

So these 'rocket scientists' or CERN scientists didn't think that having some 'equipment' outdoors would be that much of a risk?

So a bit of bird dropped bread forced the machine to shut down after accidently falling on outside machinery. heres a clue you mad scientists

COVER THE MACHINE SO NOTHING INTERFERES...

Numpties, all those kilograms of big brains but NOT ONE OUNCE of COMMON SENSE between them all

What Iwant to know is who the poor smuck who had to examine the outside portions? what a crap job, I thought mine was bad but really.....
sheesh!!!!!

link   
double post

[edit on 11/11/09 by DataWraith]

Uh oh, I just realised its a triple post, that damned time travelling bread dropping bird from the future made me triple post. Damn all their feathery hides...Damn them all to hell........

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
double post

i think in this case, its allowed!! i mean, if particle physicists can believe that a bird went back in time, im sure your double post has infinate meaning! lol

i really just cant get over cern on this one!!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You also have to think that if this theory is proven correct, then what happens with the LHC in the near-future that is so cataclysmic that humans in the future are sending Birds or other means of stopping this experiment from taking place.

That would also mean that if they accomplished their "mission" of stopping this "event", then it would never have happened at all and that no cataclysm would ever take place at any time.

Talking to time-travel theory, if we asked them to send a photograph from the future back to the present time, would we be able to see it or as it hasnt happened yet would it not exist?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's ridiculous how badly ridiculed this theory is, let me state that it isn't some future humans sending back birds, it would be the particle itself sending a ripple that causes that bird to drop the piece of bread, when top physics scientists start saying this might be true, do you assume they're quacks or do you listen to their theory?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
how the hell did these quacks get a job at cern??

Where did you get the idea that Bech Nielsen or Masao Ninomiya work for CERN?

I guess I will conclude a time traveling nanobot infected your mind and stopped you from assimilating the TIME article in a logical and coherent manner, because the fate of the universe was in peril...lol

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ok i'll bite

instead of sending a bird from the future why not just a time traveller to come tell us.. HEY STOP!!!

or.. a message in a bottle?

or.. why not explosives and have it destroyed?

or... maybe "Someone" doesn't want them to find the god particle, like I don't know.. GOD????

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I guess then the next step would be to prove that the birds that downed the "Hudson River" flight were really on a mission as well... I sense a secret-ops mission costing trillions of dollars to determine who is the mastermind behind the "bird agents".

Next up: It's really a secret mission of the U.S....

Sometimes birds just crash. But the next time one flies into my sliding glass doors I'l look to see if it has a micro-camera on board....

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Whilst there may well be a level of physicist humour going on here, it has to be considered also that there isn't...

It isn't unreasonable to say that scientists are capable of mocking themselves, but with the amount of money and time involved in the funding, construction and use of the LHC - and the strange, serious nature of the experiment itself - then a sense of humor may well be deemed slightly inappropriate by those scientist's employers, not to mention the media and public, especially when delivered in peer reviewed papers.

So are they joking to relieve the presssure being placed upon them to conduct a successful experiment, or blatantly telling us the facts as they see them?

And if they are informing us of legitimate theories based on professional expertise and scientific observation - then why no fireworks?

If representatives of the scientific community can openly theorise that the Universe is actively and visibly stopping us from gaining knowledge, then shouldn't our entire paradigm as to our relationship with the Universe now change?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

erm .. the fact that their commenting on it as CERN workers..

one thing thats got me, a bit of a time paradox, maybe to much DR Who ..

but.

If their was a Catacyismic accident, how come their are still people, scientists and machines capapble of sending birds and bread back in time ? it couldnt have been that cataclysmic.

it also rules out a black hole sucking everything up!.

this is the stupidest thing i think ive ever heard from a physics!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good article. gives a few nice points for and against. I heard this story a few days ago and thought it was an interesting theory proposed by the two scientists.
In my opinion however these problems are just the effects of bad engineering and design- to be expected for somthing so complex. Once all the design flaws are fixed they'll have it up and running and what will happen then is an interesting question. how can there be this 'reverse chronological causation' if there is no room for error?

I dont like how fast these guys got shot down by there peers if they had a sound matimatical case, but i think people should be talking more about the higgs-boson particle theory than fun yet trivial things like this.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Theres also Multiverse theories, Multidimensional beings, shapeshifters, etc. Neither of which can be either proven/disproven.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join